TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Live Free Or Die Hard (Die Hard 4) trailer

Watched this movie during the weekends.

Overall, it was fine enough action flick. Willis still got it(somewhat)...the movie moves along quite well without much dull spots. The main baddie's a letdown, though. Maybe that's harsh for Tim Olyphant (plus I don't get Deadwood in my neck of the woods - so maybe he's actually capable of more) but his performance in this movie...just...blah. Even that Asian girl (Maggie Q) was more menacing than him. And he's gonna play Agent 47(Hitman)? Well, I guess we'll just wait and see.

Fan Fucking-tastic. I loved it and I had decent expectations going into this. By far the best action franchise is Die Hard, with four solid flicks in the series. Bruce still has it and the funny thing is, the PG13 rating wasn't that bad. He just called people Jerk Offs instead of Assholes. I can't wait for an unrated DVD.

For those who are saying they want to wait for the DVD, if you are a real Die Hard fan, go see this in theaters. You'll be even more psyched for the DVD after you see it.

I loved this movie so much, great, great stuff. I've been wanting to see a great action flick like that for a while, so I'm happy. Sure, I wish it had been rated R but I guess we can all get that on DVD or whatever. Heck, I'd consider going back to watch it again since I loved it so much. Also, when John McClane was explaining why he continues to do what he does, there's no one else to do it right now, one can't help but think about Bruce Willis himself saying that in response to why he's still doing an action flick like this. In my opinion, few do it as great as Bruce.

If you can't find something to enjoy about this one, then I'm not quite sure what else you want in a popcorn action flick.

Awesome movie and just like Rocky Balboa before it, it made me happy just like the previous installments.

It costs $4 to see a movie on Tuesday (in Canada), who cares about this "let's wait for DVD" nonsense and "R rating" fiasco. It's a really entertaining 2 hours. There was one scene though (and I think bob alluded to it) where McLane and Farrell are in the tunnel and Justin Long's dialogue is not in any way matching his mouth movements (and the line still contained profanity, so maybe it was removing an F-bomb utterence?).

Well, our Fourth of July plans were scrapped so we went to see this. I stand corrected. Call me a prude, but how the hell did this get a PG-13 rating? Because they didn't say "fuck"? Please note I'm not complaining here.

Just got back from seeing the flick.

It's ok, it's not as great as some of you are making it out to be, but it's certainly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I do take back all of the slating I did of this film while the trailers were being passed around. But It wasn't great.

The jet plane bit was so fucking stupid and served little to no purpose. Same goes for the french guy doing the "free running".

Bruce did still have it and that impressed me, but as brokentiger pointed out, the main bad guy was about as menacing as the easter bunny.

If this film had had any other name than Die Hard it would have been a better film, because a) this did not feel like a Die Hard film and b) it wouldn't have drawn any comparissons. Having said that, if this film wasn't called Die Hard, I wouldn't have gone to see it.

This was a tremendously fun popcorn flick, thus serving the purpose of any Bruce Willis vehicle. The whole pre-release outrage about the lack of profanity was ridiculous but any hesitation to see the movie based on that reasoning is simply foolish. It didn’t detract from the movie unless you were looking for the obvious edits. He still got in the trademark line and he was the signature character.

I’m surprised to see a lack of complaints about Justin Long, whom isn’t the most popular actor thanks to his many annoying roles but he was serviceable here and didn’t take anything away. Kevin Smith was embarrassing in his attempt to “act“. Stick with Silent Bob, it works for you. I’ll echo the sentiments about the lacking performance of the main baddie, just an absolute bland performance with very little substance and intrigue. I’ll agree with others here that the Asian was more intimidating and villainous.

Don’t wait for the DVD just to see Willis’ throw a few additional profanity laced one-liners, go watch a mindlessly fun summer popcorn movie. This summer has been scarce with providing that, so take advantage of Bruce being fucking Bruce.

Saw it tonight.

Pretty much agree with the consensus that it was a fun popcorn flick.

I would rank it the 3rd best out of the 4 films (Does anyone actually like Die Hard 2?)

Justin Long actually got a few laughs out of the crowd.

Kevin Smith was embarrassingly bad.

The main villian's (Tim Olyphant) acting was so wooden that it took an edge of the movie though.

I would rank it the 3rd best out of the 4 films (Does anyone actually like Die Hard 2?)

Die Hard 2 is my second favourite in the franchise. It is the one where I actually felt that the villain was the biggest threat, especially after he brought down the British plane. Plus Dennis Franz & Bruce Willis screaming at each other for the whole movie was fantastic.

It was ok but far too long(2 1/2 hours!) and when did John McClaine turn into fucking superman?

Kevin Smith made up for his acting job in this movie with his supporting role in Catch And Release. Not a big romantic comedy man, but he was good in that movie.

This film had terrible sound editing.

I didn't really take anything else from it.

I thought Die Hard 2 was ok, I really liked the ending of the movie though.

Die Hard 2 is by far the worst, and to me it's exactly because of the reasons Kahran mentioned. They obviously knew with Col. Stuart that they had a villain with zero heat or credibility so it's like "OOOOOH, let's have him crash a plane and kill everyone!" It's such lame and cheap heat and such a moment should be the master plan of the villain and not some sort of goofy transitional action scene. Shit, there are a few hundred people who die in a horrific plane wreck and then 5 mins. later it's back to the one liners and escapist action.

Further, John Amos' heel turn has never made a lick of sense to me. How the hell did Stuart know that those exact guys would be sent to deal with the airport crisis? Did he orchestrate all of this before going renegade? And why the hell would all of these special forces guys agree to turn traitor and help a South American drug lord?

I can buy a scenario of a bunch of terrorists hijacking a building to steal bonds and money, or even the more absurd NYC gold theft scheme in #3. But Die Hard 2 just has entirely too much strain on credibility even for an action movie. The villain's plan, and also that Holly McClane just happens to be on one of the planes and the seedy reporter Thornberg just happens to be there too. Hell, Thornberg sucked in the first movie....why bring him back?

I'll be a man and admit that I was wrong. This movie was AWESOME in every sense of the word. Completley satisfied with it overall. The editing while obvious at some points, didn't hurt the movie at all and John stil got his line in at the end (though it was muffed). Now I really want an unrated DVD so I can see McClane in full badass mode.

If you're a fan of the Die Hard movies or a fan of straight up action movies period, see this movie NOW.

I've been informed that the current DVD re-releases of Die Hard 1, 2, and 3 suck and that The Five Star Collection is the best DVD set to get of the Die Hard Trilogy. Although I'm assuming there will be an Ultimate Edition set once Die Hard 4 is released on DVD at the end of the year.

0002454349426_215X215.jpg

I ordered it this from Wal-Mart for $45 and it was well worth the purchase.

If I had to rank them I would go as thus:

1. Die Hard

2. Die Hard with a Vengeance

3. Live Free or Die Hard

4. Die Hard 2

After watching all 4 again, I have to agree with this.

And why the hell would all of these special forces guys agree to turn traitor and help a South American drug lord?

The army marines turned sides because of their love for the dicator's politics and way of life, and the promise of lots of drug earned cash.

You bumped the thread for that?