TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Young Jeezy

Holy shit. I haven't heard much of Hip-Hop is Dead or Hell Hath No Fury so I'll leave those out for the time being but right now this is your hip-hop AOTY. King and Doctors Advocate can give it a good run for its money and I might change my mind when it's all said and done but right now this is a fucking balls to the wall album. "Dreamin" is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time, period. Give that song an emotional video and the right campaign and it'll be a smash in 2007, guaranteed. The verse on it about him taking a hand to his mom when he caught her in his stash is some teary-eyed shit, 'specially for a coke rapper. People give Timbaland all kinds of love for his work with Nelly and Timberlake but he saved his best beat for this album on "3 A.M" which, if it isn't already, is going to be a massive club track.

Don't expect anything new, though. Still tons of "YEAAHHHHHH" and "THATS RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT", along with the odd "DEEEEYUM" aka "Damn". Still rhyming words that don't quite mix but somehow manage to fit within the confines of the track. Still awesome. I need to stop underestimating Jeezy. I bought Let's Get It expecting nothing special and it stayed in heavy rotation for a long time. I didn't think much would come out of this album because when "I Love It" dropped I didn't care too much for it but once again I'm wrong.

10mil.jpg

Yeah...I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with that.

It is a good album, no doubt and I was giving Jeezy his last chance on this one. If I heard a full album of crackity crack crack crack again, I would be done with him and he suprised me. He did some good stuff. But album of the year....nah.

Definately not better than Lupe, Roots, Ghostface(and I am not even a fan of his), Games, TI's, Rhymefest's, Obie Trices, the Clipse, or Xzhibits(the most slept on album of the year) albums amoung the mainstream stuff that has come out this year IMO.

Still. Solid album and everyone should give a listen.

I for one still like the ad libs...i have no idea why, but I like them.

better than nas's album. but a little too much hyperbolic praise based around the title. he's not just a rapper but a motivational rapper? fuck off. it is what it is. lyrically its the same as his first album. musically its a lot more restrained. more like the carter than lets get it. a lot of feebile attempts to have a banger like what you know. slower more intense. no real "crunk" song like bang. i think i liked more than lets get it. but nowhere near what the clipse or spank rock did this year.

Come on. there is reaching and there is REACHING. You go from the clipse to spank rock.

YoYoYoYoYo (am I missing a Yo) was OKAY at best.

Come on. there is reaching and there is REACHING. You go from the clipse to spank rock.

YoYoYoYoYo (am I missing a Yo) was OKAY at best.

i wouldn't expect you to like yoyoyoyoyo

i've been meaning to pick this up because i dig jeezy's flow and i figured he'd go out and get the best beats he could find because he's shrewd enough and smart enough to know he's not the best lyrically.

he's not just a rapper but a motivational rapper? fuck off. it is what it is.

i think a lot of the motivational aspect of it -- especially on this album, where it becomes a lot more pronounced -- stems from jeezy not being the most lyrically gifted rapper and his own self-awareness of that. he's thankful for what he's been given and he's got that story to tell about how he became a success and he wants to share that with people and maybe i am just too emotional but i can feel that. it is also entirely possible that i'm giving him too much credit, but either way i like the sound of his voice and would point to him as a good example of a rapper being "just another instrument" to me instead of being the focal point of every song.

Does anyone here know how to spell Xzibit's name right?????

There is no H in his name, god damnit!

Anyway, I liked the album, problay in my Top 10 for Hip-Hop/Rap album of the year.

The production on it was amazing, The Runners are a good up and coming production crew.