TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 16

Here are the games from Thursday to Monday, followed by the usual predictions.

Thursday 8:00 (NFL Network):

Minnesota (6-8) at Green Bay (6-8): I am officially off the Vikings at this point. The Packers have an outside shot at going .500, so I'll take them to win here by 7 at home.

Saturday 8:00 (NFL Network, I think):

Kansas City (7-7) at Oakland (2-12): If the Chiefs harbor any sort of playoff hopes they need this one. It'll be tougher than expected. KC by 4.

Sunday 1:00:

Washington (5-9) at St. Louis (6-8): Rams still have a very faint playoff hope and the Redskins have been on a mini jobber roll. Still, since it's in STL I'll go with the Rams here by 6.

Carolina (6-8) at Atlanta (7-7): Falcons can still make the playoffs, Carolina is toast. If Atlanta loses this one they HAVE to fire Mora. Falcons by 10.

Tennessee (7-7) at Buffalo (7-7): Battle of the Jobber Rolls! This is a tough one, but for some reason I can't pick the Bills over Vince Young. I just can't do it. Titans win it 21-20.

Indianapolis (11-3) at Houston (4-10): The Colts should be back on track and should crush the hopeless Texans. Indy by 21.

Chicago (12-2) at Detroit (2-12): This should be another beatdown but maybe the Lions will have something for the Bears. Chicago by 10.

Tampa Bay (3-11) at Cleveland (4-10): I feel sorry for whoever has this game on TV. Who knows....I'll take the Bucs by 7 since they looked better with Rattay.

New England (10-4) at Jacksonville (8-6): JAX is a powerful team at home, but suck on the road. This one is at home, and the Pats don't really HAVE to have this one as much as the Jags. Jacksonville by 10.

New Orleans (9-5) at NY Giants (7-7): I have no idea. These teams are both so up and down. I am going to keep riding the Giants until they are totally finished, so what the hell. NY by 3.

Baltimore (11-3) at Pittsburgh (7-7): Previous matchup was a maiming 27-0, but I think it'll be a different story here. Call me crazy but I'll take the Steelers to get payback here in a vicious, low scoring affair. Steelers 14-10.

4:00:

Arizona (4-10) at San Francisco (6-8): Niners still have a faint pulse in the NFC West, yet for some reason I think their little mini roll is over. I'll take the Cardinals to pull a mild upset by 7 here.

San Diego (12-2) at Seattle (8-6): Seahawks have sucked hard lately but for whatever reason I think the Chargers will have a minor letdown on the road. Seattle will show up to play here and win it by 4. If the Ravens win out wouldn't this be a horrific loss for SD?

Cincinnati (8-6) at Denver (8-6): This is perhaps the toughest game to predict of the week. Broncos are very tough to beat at home though, and I think Cutler has figured it out. Denver by 3 on a last second FG.

Monday 5:00:

Philadelphia (8-6) at Dallas (9-5): The insanity known as the Eagles with Jeff Garcia has to be stopped before it gets out of hand. Cowboys win this at home by 10 and win the NFC East.

8:30:

NY Jets (8-6) at Miami (6-8): The Jets have a fairly easy road to the playoffs, but why do I feel that they are going to blow it? Dolphins get the home win by 4.

Record wise- Philadelphia/Dallas, Cincy/Denver, San Diego/Seattle, Baltimore/Pittsburgh, New Orleans/New York and New England/Jacksonville are more bigger.

I'm talking fun-to-watch-wise

Guest Princess Leena

I had a dream last night that one of the many Ohio State defenders on Buffalo blow up VY's knee like McGahee. Not that I want to see that happen. But, you play to win the game.

Lemme guess, in your dream Buffalo comes and vanquishes those damned Cowboys?

hey, it almost happened too if it wasn't for Thurman "McFumbles" Thomas!

"Where's my helmet?!"

What's with the different shade of green in parts of New York state? Are they magically exempted from the retarded 4:15pm TV rule?

I'm not sure. I do know that no one within 75 miles of Buffalo will be able to watch TN/BUF, because the game won't be sold out. Probably.

Guest Princess Leena

It's the 75 mile rule.

Buffalo hasn't sold out their last 3 games, and their owner is bitching again how they're not making money.

I'm sticking by my prediction for a Seattle win over SD. Don't ask me WHY exactly, but I just think they'll show up for this game. Weird things can happen on these Christmas Eve games.

NFL playoff clinching scenarios for Week 16.

AFC East

• New England can clinch division title with:

1. A win

Or

2. A N.Y. Jets loss

AFC North

• Baltimore has clinched the division title.

• Cincinnati can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win, a Buffalo loss and a N.Y. Jets loss.

Or

2. A win, a Buffalo loss and a Jacksonville loss.

AFC South

• Indianapolis has clinched the division title:

• Indianapolis can clinch a first-round bye with a win and a Baltimore loss.

AFC West

• San Diego has clinched division.

• San Diego can clinch first-round bye with:

1. A win.

Or

2. An Indianapolis loss.

San Diego can clinch home-field advantage with:

1) A win and a Baltimore loss

• Denver can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win, a Kansas City loss, and a N.Y. Jets loss. Or

2. A win, a Kansas City loss, and a Jacksonville loss.

NFC East

• Dallas has clinched playoff berth.

• Philadelphia can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win.

• New York Giants can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win, Minnesota loss, Atlanta loss, Philadelphia win, and a Seattle win.

Or

2. A win, Minnesota loss, Atlanta loss, Philadelphia win, and a San Francisco win.

NFC North

• Chicago has clinched the division and homefield advantage in the NFC.

NFC South

• New Orleans has clinched division. New Orleans can clinch a first-round bye with a win and a Dallas loss.

NFC West

• Seattle can clinch division with:

1. A win.

Or

2. A San Francisco loss.

• Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Oakland, Miami, Tampa Bay and Washington have been eliminated from playoff contention.