TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

The OAO Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Thread

Until the Wii shortage is sorted out, I'm going to replay OOT, a good 5 years since I last played it.

So far I've got to the Goron City and got Saria's Song. I keep getting deja vu when I'm playing, wierd how some bits I remember vividly (where to get the sword at the start, sneaking through the castle) while some bits I forgot (I think I wiped that bastard owl from my memory, that evil bloke in the graveyard who jumps on you).

Share memories and follow my progress.

I got this about a year ago with that promo pack that came with a gamecube a few years ago. I got as far as death mountain as old link (I only really started getting back into it a few months ago).

Luckily, I finally got TP for my GC (GC4LIFE) on Thursday, so I'm playing my way through that.

Guest Smues

How can you bitch about the owl when the game contains Navi? HEY LISTEN HEY HEY HEY LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN LISTEN HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN!

The owl at least only pops up a few times, and you can fly through what he says. The owl was much, much worse in Link's Awakening.

Yeah, they're both bastards. The game does have the Gorons though.

Finished the second dungeon, and I can't remember what comes next. I might pop down Lake Hylia and go to the ranch.

As poor as it seems now, the moment when Link ran out of the forest and on the the plains was the biggest mark out video game moment of my life. There was something about a big 3D world full of monsters at the time that blew my mind. Kind of scary that it was 8 years ago now.

Best game ever. Although my Master Quest copy was stolen (and I never opened it) I actually decided recently to play OOT again for the same reason you did. I played for a few hours and got past the first 2 dungeons, and now I am in Lord Jabu Jabu's belly.

Mario 64 may have been my first N64 game, but the game that actually convinced me to purchased one was the then-mysterious Zelda 64, which was going to come out *some day*. How we marveled at blocky Link fighting a blocky Stalfos back when buzzwards like "Project Reality" and "tri-linear mip-mapped interpolation" were on Nintendo's lips.

We even thought there might be a 2nd 3DO!

Well, when it finally came, it was no less amazing than what I/we'd hoped. I was amazed at the Kokori village, where the air danced with glowing...plants? Bugs? What the heck were those things?

First dungeon....inside the giant Deku Tree. No longer a tiny, flat floor, but a massive area teeming with hostile plants, bugs, and the occasional Deku Scrub (many of them enterprising).

Huge areas, huge bosses, and a bit light on challenge, the game never failed me to be flat-out fun, even when I'd occasionally get lost in a dungeon.

The Water Temple...ah yes...long, occasionally frustrating, but HOLY **** DARK LINK!!!

The final battle is just obscenely fun, too. It's the type of thing we'd imaged in a "next gen" Zelda game but wasn't sure we'd ever really see.

Guest cardsfan31

Yeah i just started replaying it 2 days ago, and I beat the Shadow Temple today.

I've also got the Biggoron's sword today, and for some reason I had so much trouble on Phantom Ganon as sad as that is.