TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

HHH tore his quad tonight

Hate to disagree, but just watch his match w/Vader from SummerSlam '96. I'm sure you'll retract your statement. (A match BTW, which he was supposed to job in, but didn't.)

Shawn was always going to win that one. Shawn was meant to lose the WWF Title to Vader at Survivor Series of that year to build to Shawn regaining it in his hometown, but Shawn politicked to get Sid put in the spot instead.

Any idea why Shawn wanted Sid in that spot instead of Vader? I'm guessing he thought Sid would bomb and thus guarentee himself another title run

I don't know why Shawn wanted Sid, but with how Shawn was back then I could see it being down to him still mad over what happened with Vader in their match at Summerslam.

what DID happen? It's strange, I was such a mark for HBK back then but can't remember anything from that era.

Shawn went for an elbow off the top rope but Vader was out of position or something because Shawn stopped short and landed on his feet and then began stomping on Vader and yelling at him. It looked weird and you could see something was going on. It wasn't the first time Shawn lost his cool that year on PPV, because he was quite notorious for it during that time.

what DID happen? It's strange, I was such a mark for HBK back then but can't remember anything from that era.

Shawn went for an elbow off the top rope but Vader was out of position or something because Shawn stopped short and landed on his feet and then began stomping on Vader and yelling at him. It looked weird and you could see something was going on. It wasn't the first time Shawn lost his cool that year on PPV, because he was quite notorious for it during that time.

Yep. don't remember that at all. Cheers.

It was weird because he never misses the elbow so Vader was likely to take it. Vader was dead center of the ring but like HTQ said, Michaels just landed on his feet and started barking at him. Bizarre indeed.

Guest Euronymous

I thought the spot was supposed to be Vader rolling away from incoming the Elbow Drop. Michaels would notice in time, land on his feet and start kicking Vader. Vader seemingly forgot the spot and didn't roll out of the way as planned. It was really embarassing, Michaels angrily booting Vader in the face and screaming "Get up! Get up!" at him.

Guest RayCo

I wish he would tear the bit between his 2nd & 3rd vertabrae.

Joking...