TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

HHH tore his quad tonight

Flair's the only logical choice, really giving the history and the fact they'd want a big name involved. All the other top faces need to be busy elsewhere. You can't just plug Carlito in that spot. However, it's stupid to extend it anyways when you could get more by making small moves.

Umaga/Cena just isn't a WM program.

So did HHH re-tear the same quad or is it the other leg?

No, but with the other top names taken care of, what else is there that doesn't involve bringing someone over from Smackdown? At least it has a good storyline to build it on, with Cena not being able to FU Umaga.

wow, didn't expect to read this at all when I signed on tonight. Hopefully he suffers no permanent damage.

I won't lie though, I was and am sick as HELL of HHH in WM main-events. So this at least takes care of that >:D

No, but with the other top names taken care of, what else is there that doesn't involve bringing someone over from Smackdown?

Cena-Hogan

Well, Hogan is apparently floating around the idea of Hogan and Vince against Eric and Big Show so Hogan might not be available. Then again, if Hunter really is out past WM, this puts Hogan in a great bargaining position by offering to lose clean to Cena.

No, but with the other top names taken care of, what else is there that doesn't involve bringing someone over from Smackdown?

Cena-Hogan

That's even worse. Hogan would make Cena look bad. They spent alot of time building Cena back into an effective face and there's no way they could let Hogan take it away.

It's not like WWE hasn't shifted people over at tis time. Moving Cena/Batista isn't any different from Shawn/Angle two years ago and you really need a mega match up with that crowd and the people watching. Undertaker/Batista, Flair/Shawn-R-RKO, Lashley/Kahli and Cena/Umaga doesn't cut it.

Oh, lord. Looks like Cena/Orton for WM now. OUCH.

Let's hope not. I have to agree with that poster in the other thread about HBK paying HHH payback by saying HE DROPPED the ball this time and DX is done and he guns for Cena's title. Cena/Umaga will not be the WM main event. Vince won't do that for Mania. They pushed the feud from SummerSlam for the same reason why they won't have it at the big show. Umaga just isn't that type of ppv challenger. They used Federline and the streak to get him heat. Now, that is sort of gone now with Cena beating him.

Cena-Hogan

Well, Hogan is apparently floating around the idea of Hogan and Vince against Eric and Big Show so Hogan might not be available. Then again, if Hunter really is out past WM, this puts Hogan in a great bargaining position by offering to lose clean to Cena.

Yeah... but it'd also ruin the work they've done to actually get the fans to cheer for Cena. He's gone from getting booed out of buildings to RAW's number-three face (behind DX) in a span of six months. You match him up with Hogan, and all that will be gone, because Hogan would need to eat a puppy alive in the ring to get booed at this point (and even then, it'd be a split house).

I think WWE see Batista vs. Cena as their ultimate match and I don't think they'll run it without slow building it for a long time.

What bothers me about that is, Batista is so injury prone that you run the risk of never getting to do this match especially on a stage like WM23 in front 70k+. You could look at this as an opportunity and 3 months is a long time in WWE Land. I don't remember Warrior/Hogan being pushed far in advance.

Hogan against Cena right now will RUIN Cena. If Cena was still getting those crazy responses like early to mid last year it would be a different story. Plus, the 20th anniversary hype and Cena is dead in that ring with Hogan unless they want to turn Cena heel.

I don't see anyone moving from SD to Raw right now, it doesn't make any sense. Unless they want to end the split and have Cena vs. Batista for a unified title. In a match that would suck hard I might add.

Honestly, considering the Rumble is in San Antonio I can see them panicking and just letting HBK win it in his hometown and face Cena at WM. UT can still face Batista at WM but he can win a contender's match or something at No Way Out.

Orton and Edge right now don't totally make sense in the WM main event. I'd almost have Flair and a mystery guest take them on. Maybe Foley, though that is bizarro land on several levels.

Cena-Hogan

Yeah... but it'd also ruin the work they've done to actually get the fans to cheer for Cena. He's gone from getting booed out of buildings to RAW's number-three face (behind DX) in a span of six months. You match him up with Hogan, and all that will be gone, because Hogan would need to eat a puppy alive in the ring to get booed at this point (and even then, it'd be a split house).

Not if they promote it as a Warrior-Hogan face vs. face match.

I think the best thing for Hogan at this point would to make it his retirement match and lose clean to Cena. Title vs. Career.

He'd probably want an insane amount of money to do it, but at least this way he can end his career headlining a Wrestlemania.

Cena Vs Batista would be heavily booked just like Warrior/Hogan was. It'd be about the split crowd. You wouldn't need to do a unification match for it. The name value alone sells it.

Orton and Edge seem wasted by just working Flair and someone else at Mania. Edge spent the last year making Cena the top face, his reward shouldn't be a tag match although it'd allow him to extend the streak.

HBK/Cena requires a heel turn for Shawn and unlike with Hogan, Shawn isn't likely to turn for the sake of turning. He'll get a high profile match regardless.

Also, if they do end up doing Hogan/Vince Vs Eric/TBS (which is beyond stupid) then they have to call off Lashley/Khali because you can't emulate WM3 twice here.

Not if they promote it as a Warrior-Hogan face vs. face match.

I think the best thing for Hogan at this point would to make it his retirement match and lose clean to Cena. Title vs. Career.

He'd probably want an insane amount of money to do it, but at least this way he can end his career headlining a Wrestlemania.

They could go that route, but it wouldn't matter. I'd be willing to bet that, regardless of how the feud was booked, Hogan would have most - if not all - of the fan support during the match.

Here's an idea - induct Savage and Steamboat into the WWE Hall of Fame this year and put each of them in Batista and Cena's corner for the main event.

That would be a great connection with WrestleMania III.

Here's an idea - induct Savage and Steamboat into the WWE Hall of Fame this year and put each of them in Batista and Cena's corner for the main event.

I don't think WWE have changed their stance on not wanting to work with Savage.

First of all, the name Savage is like poison to WWE. That'll never happen as long as Vince, Linda, Stephanie, HHH and Shane run the show and Hogan's alive.

Also that's placing the WM3 Mid-Card main event with a WM6 Main Event type match. Makes zero sense. Why would they bother being in anyone's corner? They have no connection whatsoever.

If the match was Edge Vs Paul London, that'd work but thats not the case.

I don't think the wwe will change Batista/UT simply for the storyline connection with WM 3's Hogan/Andre similarities.

ANIMAL VS UNDERTAKER

CHAMP VS. UNDEFEATED STREAK

MONSTER VS. MONSTER

The match outcome will be in doubt somewhat because they have Andre as UT and for some reason they think Batista is like Warrior or Hogan back in the day. If Batista breaks the streak it will be hyped as Hogan defeating Andre and ending his streak. I see why they want to do this match.

Cena/Hogan in a retirement match is a problem. The fans will WANT Hogan to win just like Rock vs Hogan to see who was "the best ever". Hogan/Rock will happen where fans won't want the guy they will see years from now win against Hogan in his last match. Cena/Hogan is a problem if they want to keep Cena face. Ultimate Warrior had the same problem getting booed in arenas after Mania for beating Hogan. People forget that happened with Warrior initially as champ and it just got worse. Why take the chance with Cena who they are grooming to be the face(he is actually) of the company in Hogan's last match? Unless they want to turn him heel.

I just got home from the show and I knew HHH hurt himself......especially the way he took that RKO. I didn't think he retore his quad but now that makes going to the show worth it.......and all the dumbasses that were sitting by me giving me shit about backing Edge.

HBK/Cena requires a heel turn for Shawn and unlike with Hogan, Shawn isn't likely to turn for the sake of turning. He'll get a high profile match regardless.

If HBK really believes he's "the greatest wrestler of his era" I'm sure he'd have no problem playing it up in a heel way.

If HBK really believes he's "the greatest wrestler of his era" I'm sure he'd have no problem playing it up in a heel way.

Now everyone will be excited for a heel HBK against Cena match and we know the chances of that happening.

I forget why Savage is hated so badly in the WWE. IIRC, it had something to do with him and Steph?

Oh, lord. Looks like Cena/Orton for WM now. OUCH.

Let's hope not. I have to agree with that poster in the other thread about HBK paying HHH payback by saying HE DROPPED the ball this time and DX is done and he guns for Cena's title. Cena/Umaga will not be the WM main event. Vince won't do that for Mania. They pushed the feud from SummerSlam for the same reason why they won't have it at the big show. Umaga just isn't that type of ppv challenger. They used Federline and the streak to get him heat. Now, that is sort of gone now with Cena beating him.

Now that absolutely makes the most sense and is a WM caliber main event. Doubt it will happen though.

I forget why Savage is hated so badly in the WWE. IIRC, it had something to do with him and Steph?

That's never been confirmed from a legitimate source but it holds some level of credibility given how harsh their stance is against Savage.