TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

Australian Open Thread.

I just got home and saw The Great White Hype got dismantled by a fat, out of shape Serena. Women's tennis officially sucks without JHH.

Guest Princess Leena

It still sucks with Justine.

I doubt her dedication since she skipped over a month of the season for a divorce...

Meh, whatever. I only care about the scrubs now on the women's side.

How dare you doubt JHH's dedication. She's the only top woman on the tour that doesn't have any outside interests. 'Pova wants to be a model, Clijsters wants to make babies, Mauresmo likes to drink wine, Serena wants to be an actress, Venus aspires to be a designer. The rest of the top chicks suck, and the only thing I can fault JHH for is marrying a flaming homosexual.

I just got home and saw The Great White Hype got dismantled by a fat, out of shape Serena. Women's tennis officially sucks without JHH.

Eh, go to hell; I think Serena looks fine the way she is.

And yes, she did beat the dogshit out of Sharapova... :cheers:

I've set my alarm clock for the Federer match. Hopefully I'm back home in time since I'm planning on partying tonight. Come on, Roger, make me proud and whip that Sampras-wannabe's ass.

Guest Princess Leena

But, ESPN in the past has cut some parts in their replays... even finals.

DVR is our friend.

I woke up to take a piss at about 5:30 and managed to catch the last half of the 3rd set, and I have to say that I feel bad for Gonzo. Against anyone else on tour he wins that match in straights. Against the Fedbot he gets broken three times and loses in straights. Roger is just that much better than everyone else.

Guest Princess Leena

Grar... Gonzo served for the 1st set, too. Broken. Blown away in tiebreak. Typical Roger stuff.

Roger with 10 slams now. If he stays healthy, he's on pace to pass Sampras in September 2008.

Ugly 1st set aside, a great final. Gonzo did throw it all at him and what more can you say about Federer, down 15-40 with two set points and fearlessly coming up to the net.

The angles he was hitting on some shots in the third set, ridiculous.

I loved how Roche said "I want Roger out on the clay some more". Good stuff.

The angles he was hitting on some shots in the third set, ridiculous.

Agreed. Gonzalez was just hitting each forehand shot with everything he had, but Federer just kept aiming at the angles with great topspin shots, both forehand and backhand. Roger also commanded the net and if I'm not mistaken Gonzalez only managed to make two passing shots all match. Federer made all the passing shots he wanted.

Also agree with Leena that, unless something really terrible happens, Roger Federer should set the new all-time record for Grand Slam Titles next year. Then it's off to surpass Sampras record mark on Wimbledon and he could easily retire as the greatest player ever without question. Congrats to Roger. You, sir, are from out of this world.

Guest Princess Leena

I think Federer is the greatest player already. The tennis he's played over the past 37 months is by far the best we've ever seen. All he has left to prove is longevity, and knocking off that pesky Nadal. Not even that, hope that Nadal is injured for RG one of the next few years. Heh.

Anyone catch that moment when they were interviewing Serena in the crowd and the interviewer mentioned something like how a little while back she dominated the women's game the way Roger is dominating men's tennis? I couldn't believe they would even attempt to claim something like that.

Managed to wake up to catch the match live. Federer is just SICK. I just hope he gets that thorn(Nadal/French Open) outta his side. I generally abide by the "root against teams/individuals who win all the time unless they're your team/guy/gal" rule but I'll never get tired of seeing Federer win.

No force on earth (Nadal included, but aside from some freak accident) will stop Federer from winning all the Grand Slams this year and probably next. I eagerly anticipate watching the French Open. Oh, wait, I WON'T BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY BE ON THE TENNIS CHANNEL WHICH I DON'T GET. Fuck.

Well call your cable or satellte providers and demand to them that you get the Tennis Channel. Doesn't come across in text as well as annoying shill. :D

The Tennis Channel is good though because you get some Doubles (Which is great to watch, but will never be big because of the lack of names), tournament coverage that ESPN does not carry and good instructional stuff for coaches like myself. I kind of wish there was less paid programming, but I guess they have to pay the bills.

I think Federer is the greatest player already. The tennis he's played over the past 37 months is by far the best we've ever seen. All he has left to prove is longevity, and knocking off that pesky Nadal.

Yes, I realize some are already calling Federer the greatest ever, me included. It's just that I feel he could, and should, shatter all existing records so that there can be absolutely no doubt. Of course, he might never reach the success level and dominance Bjorn Borg had on Roland Garros, but I think he could be the first player since Andre (my all-time favorite) to win all four majors (maybe not in a single year, but still) and there is no doubt in my mind he could reach Pete Sampras' mark on Wimbledon. We should all feel lucky and thankful that we managed to watch and admire a player of Federer's caliber in our lifetime and not have to read or have someone tell us about him like Roy Emerson or Borg himself to a degree.

Ok, since Leena only starts this kind of threads for Grand Slam championships I guess this is until Roland Garros next.

I think we had something for Indian Wells (3/5) & Miami (3/19) last year since those are the only 2 significant tourneys until Fed tries to finally take Paris.

Guest Princess Leena
Ok, since Leena only starts this kind of threads for Grand Slam championships I guess this is until Roland Garros next.

I'd start multiple threads per tournament if people would post in them. Like at other boards. Of course, they hate my "GOOO IVO IN ZAGREB" threads as well.

Guest Princess Leena
No force on earth (Nadal included, but aside from some freak accident) will stop Federer from winning all the Grand Slams this year and probably next. I eagerly anticipate watching the French Open. Oh, wait, I WON'T BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY BE ON THE TENNIS CHANNEL WHICH I DON'T GET. Fuck.

:(

The Tennis Channel is such a ripoff, though. Other than the Masters Series events, which they get AWESOME coverage of from Eurosport or something, pimping their own weak Las Vegas tourney, the occasional SF/F's, and RG now... the channel is a complete wasteland. Unless you like 1000 replays of Rapmaster Vince Spadea being the enormous douche he is in real life.