TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Wrestling Society X (WSX)

I don't see it.........

God i hope your joking.

Two dancing black guys? How can that not fail!

Guest DogOn
A lot of Indie promotions are getting plugged. But I can remember hearing someone refer to Supreme as being a deathmatch 'legend', is Supreme actually considered a legend? Because I've only seen him in XPW and a 10 second clip from Big Japan.

That was Kris Kloss, and he's the former XPW announcer. Hence his calling toad-looking Supreme "a legend."

Yeah, I remember Kris Kloss. I don't mind all the XPW stuff, I was a fan of it, but referring to Supreme (his stuff was middle-card early CZW at best) as a legend is just insulting.

I watched some of the new episode last night and the camera really really needs to stay still. The camera work is very shakey and just seems it needs work. I think if the camera work was better, I could sit through it much longer. I watched the Team Dragon Gate vs That 70's team and the camera work just sucked for the kind of match it was.

Chalk that up to lots of editing.

I liked WSX, the PWG/DG match was silly fun, and the 2nd show was better overall, but Vampiro and his 1995 Undertaker act need to go, as I don't recall Vamp ever blatantly using Taker's chokeslam/tombstone, having a "signature" coffin at ringside, etc. Lame.

speaking of editing, does anyone know how long that Vampiro vs. 6-Pac match really was?

It just seemed like Vampiro's makeup was running off WAY too quickly.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_19213.shtml

WSX News: Second week rating for WSX on MTV drops, but not as much as other shows

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Feb 7, 2007, 17:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSX's second Tuesday night airing drew a 0.9 rating, down 0.1 from last week's 1.0 rating. By comparison, it's lead-in ("Two-a-Days") dropped from a 1.9 to a 1.7, a 0.25 decrease.

Week 3 should be great it has Teddy Hart & M-Dogg 20 vs Former XPW Heavyweight Champion Fat Elvis White Trailer Park Trash Jimmy Webb's tag team and the Mexicans vs Luke in the cerveza bottle match with special enforcer Juventud Guerrera!

WSX News: Second week rating for WSX on MTV drops, but not as much as other shows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSX's second Tuesday night airing drew a 0.9 rating, down 0.1 from last week's 1.0 rating. By comparison, it's lead-in ("Two-a-Days") dropped from a 1.9 to a 1.7, a 0.25 decrease.

Isn't Two-a-Days reruns, though? Not that I'm cheering against WSX, I think it's a decent enough show, much better than ECW or Raw -- but that seems like some sorry apologizing.

Week 3 should be great it has Teddy Hart & M-Dogg 20 vs Former XPW Heavyweight Champion Fat Elvis White Trailer Park Trash Jimmy Webb's tag team and the Mexicans vs Luke in the cerveza bottle match with special enforcer Juventud Guerrera!

.....huh?

Isn't Two-a-Days reruns, though? Not that I'm cheering against WSX, I think it's a decent enough show, much better than ECW or Raw -- but that seems like some sorry apologizing.

Two-a-Days, runs on the same format as WSX. It's the second season of Two-a-Days right now.

.....huh?

Sorry I'll edit it:

Hart & Dogg vs Trailer Park Boys w/Webb as manager

Kaos & Aaron Aguliera vs Luke & some deathmatch guy

And Kriss Kloss saying "XPW" alot

Two-a-Days, runs on the same format as WSX. It's the second season of Two-a-Days right now.

Gotcha, I meant I thought it was still re-runs of Season One.

EDIT: Good strategy by MTV by the way. I would imagine Two-a-Days appeals to high school aged kids into sports, so using that as a lead-in to wrestling makes a lot of sense.

speaking of editing, does anyone know how long that Vampiro vs. 6-Pac match really was?

It just seemed like Vampiro's makeup was running off WAY too quickly.

That could be because 6pac spit water in his face right at the beggining.

.....huh?

Sorry I'll edit it:

Ohhhh okie dokie. I think the other deathmatch guy might be Youth Suicide.

Kris Kloss' mentioning of XPW like it was ever relevant reminds me of Troy McClure.

HI! I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such films as "Gladys the Groovy Mule" and "Calling All Quakers"!

You might remember KAOS as THE LONGEST REIGNING XPW TELEVISION CHAMP OF ALL TIME!!!!

What else can Kriss Kloss do its not like any of these wrestlers ever played college football.

Learn how to annouce a wrestling match better?

.....huh?

Sorry I'll edit it:

Ohhhh okie dokie. I think the other deathmatch guy might be Youth Suicide.

it's Alkatrazz actually, who was in the 10 man explode-a-thon in episode 1

if that was really what was booked..........I'd tune in just to see drunk Juvi set off an explosion on accident.

Haha, Trailer Park Boys. Awesome. I can't wait for the Human Tornado/Trailer Park Boys feud.

Also:

"What a huge shot! What a huge shot! What a huge shot! What a huge shot!"

And:

"All this destruction that's already here making a bigger mess of this mess we're in!"

Thank the good lord that this is edited to be as exciting as possible to watch, because the commentary is absolutely heinous. This makes ROH sound like Ventura/Monsoon.

OH GOD ANOTHER ONE:

"Does this mean I can win something if I pin you?"

This is MTV doing wrestling... HOLY CRAP THE CASKET JUST BLEW UP

Their TLC match is much more appropriate. This promotion is serious fun, and only takes up a half hour of your week. Perhaps they've discovered the secret, since their entire 30 minutes is equivalent to the good you're going to see on any other one or two hour show thanks to the editing.

raza, I get what you're saying, but I don't like JR putting over someone's football background, either. I mean, it's important to mention past accomplishments when they're meaningful, but playing football at Bumfuck Tech like Bradshaw or being champion of a shit indy like XPW isn't noteworthy in major wrestling promotions. Kloss did a good job selling Kaos when he talked about him as a talented Latino from a new generation, I would have left it at that.

Something that bugs me about Kloss is while he's enthuisiastic, which is good, he's Don West levels of over-excited. Plus, he doesn't seem to know the name of any moves. An enziguri is A KICK TO THE HEAD~! and a superkick is A KICK TO THE HEAD~! Maybe the commentary's dumbed down for MTV, I don't know. Anyway, as much as Kloss bugs, he's lightyears ahead of his color commentator. Man, that guy is just awful. Send him to a deserted island with Vince Russo ASAP.

What else can Kriss Kloss do its not like any of these wrestlers ever played college football.

Learn how to announce a wrestling match better?

Its kind of hard to start yelling out move names when they do 7 in a row and no-sell everything.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here but I believe Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn will look at Kriss Kloss on MTV and want him in WWE. If anything, just to raid WSX but also because he's young, enthusastic and can probably be grommed into their 'storyteller' play by play role unlike Joey Styles who was actually a wrestling announcer.

Also, if MTV is really paying attention to how well WSX does against ECW on Tuesday nights - wouldn't it make more sense to drop the first run Friday episode and debut their new show on Tuesday nights? Hell, just show the internet show on Friday nights to build towards Tuesday's show. I just know that I'm more likely to record WSX on Fridays for weekend viewing rather than watch Tuesday night.

No more Friday previews!

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22829&p=1

WRESTLING SOCIETY X TONIGHT TO BE REPEAT, NEW EPISODE TO PREMIERE TUESDAY

by Mike Johnson @ 3:49:00 PM on 2/9/2007

Tonight's airing of Wrestling Society X will be a repeat. The third WSX episode will premiere on Tuesday at 10:30 PM. From this point on, all new episodes will debut on Tuesdays, likely in an attempt to maximize the rating for the series on Tuesdays.

For more on WSX, visit www.WSX.MTV.com.

Good move on MTV's part.

No more Friday previews!

Tonight's airing of Wrestling Society X will be a repeat. The third WSX episode will premiere on Tuesday at 10:30 PM. From this point on, all new episodes will debut on Tuesdays, likely in an attempt to maximize the rating for the series on Tuesdays.

Good move on MTV's part.

Bout fuckin time.

No more Friday previews!

Good move on MTV's part.

That kinda sucks.......I was using that preview to see both shows......