TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Wrestling Society X (WSX)

From the preview it looks like the wrestling is going to be pretty wild and spot-based, my only fear though is that they might expose the business too much by having guys get whacked with all sorts of stuff, go through tables etc....and just get up mere seconds later because they are trying to all of this stuff into a half an hour......I mean if they are having an exploding casket match...that better be the FINISHER, and not just a transitional move to set up a DDT or something....LOL.

Now why on earth would you care?

Guest RayCo
I don't recall putting an "X" before Pac's name? Hang on, let me check.....

Yeah, since Pac is sooooooo much better than Evans, right?

So you did mean the British wrestler, Pac?

I don't recall putting an "X" before Pac's name? Hang on, let me check.....

Yeah, since Pac is sooooooo much better than Evans, right?

So you did mean the British wrestler, Pac?

Sean Waltman is British?

It's not the extreme gimmicks in the matches I am worried about, rather the fact that these matches look like they are going to be about 2 mins long a piece, meaning either:

A) each match will be 90 seconds of transitional manuevers/holds setting up a huge spot

Or

B) each match will be 2 mins of non-stop high spots where each guy should be finished after each move, but has to basically no-sell everything in order to hurry up and get in place for the next big spot of the match

I know the original tapings were done with 4-5 matches a show, but you have to remember that some of those matches will be exclusive to WSX.mtv.com every week.

So I'd guess anywhere from one to three matches will air on television each week.

I talked a little bit with Vic Grimes about the WSX tonight. He sounded excited to be apart of it. I really didn't get a chance to talk to him that much as I had to get my things together for the show I was doing toinght, but he did sound excited to be apart of it.

From the preview it looks like the wrestling is going to be pretty wild and spot-based, my only fear though is that they might expose the business too much by having guys get whacked with all sorts of stuff, go through tables etc....and just get up mere seconds later because they are trying to all of this stuff into a half an hour......I mean if they are having an exploding casket match...that better be the FINISHER, and not just a transitional move to set up a DDT or something....LOL.

Now why on earth would you care?

Mike just described the finals to the XPW King of the Deathmatch of Kronos vs Supreme! :lol:

I believe the card for the first show only has 2-3 matches on it.......with one being a big battle royal type deal.

Airdates - the show will air in Canada on CFTO:

MTV Fri 1/26 11:00 PM

MTV Sun 1/28 12:00 AM

MTV Tue 1/30 10:30 PM

MTV Wed 1/31 1:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 12:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 9:30 PM

MTV2 Fri 2/2 9:30 PM

MTV Fri 2/2 11:00 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 2:30 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 11:30 PM

MTV2 Sun 2/4 12:00 AM

CFTO Sun 2/4 1:35 AM

MTV Sun 2/4 11:30 PM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 2:30 AM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 11:00 PM

MTV Tue 2/6 3:30 AM

MTV Tue 2/6 10:30 PM

MTV2 Wed 2/7 1:30 AM

MTV Wed 2/7 6:30 PM

Airdates - the show will air in Canada on CFTO:

MTV Fri 1/26 11:00 PM

MTV Sun 1/28 12:00 AM

MTV Tue 1/30 10:30 PM

MTV Wed 1/31 1:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 12:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 9:30 PM

MTV2 Fri 2/2 9:30 PM

MTV Fri 2/2 11:00 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 2:30 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 11:30 PM

MTV2 Sun 2/4 12:00 AM

CFTO Sun 2/4 1:35 AM

MTV Sun 2/4 11:30 PM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 2:30 AM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 11:00 PM

MTV Tue 2/6 3:30 AM

MTV Tue 2/6 10:30 PM

MTV2 Wed 2/7 1:30 AM

MTV Wed 2/7 6:30 PM

I never got this about MTV and VHI. They promote shows to "debut" at a certain time but always seem to air them earlier then the actual advertised debut date.

6 Pac:

Held titles in WWE, WCW, TNA and XPW...

Known for living a surreal life..

Because as we all know... 6 Pac is a good guy.. a really good guy..

Guest Fiscusalicious
Matt Classic seems like a pretty funny character. Did he work anywhere before WSX?

Colt Cabana, baby.

wow this was like watching a wrestling show made by mtv

Thank god the WWE hired Joey Styles, otherwise he'd be dead from several strokes commentating this.

That was pure MTV, right down to the editing which was just so not wrestling.

In the Sydal/Evans match everytime they'd do the cuts of Lizzy and cut back to the ring it was like they didn't progress the match they'd just do the insert cuts of her then rejoin the match at the same point they left. I'm not use to that in wrestling it just feels weird.

It looked like it had the budget of a public access backyard wrestling show and spent all of its money on breakable tables and exploding shit. I'll still watch just to see if New Jack kills someone or if Teddy Hart does one flip too many and lands on his head this WSX has trainwreck written all over it. Couldn't they at least get a venue that didn't look like an abandon wearhouse or at least buy some turnbuckle covers?

WHY THE HELL IS THIS ON NOW I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO PREMIER ON TUESDAY?

It was the pilot episode and filmed way before the others. I think they just wanted to piss it away before they get to the real meat and bones of the tapings.

It looked like it had the budget of a public access backyard wrestling show and spent all of its money on breakable tables and exploding shit. I'll still watch just to see if New Jack kills someone or if Teddy Hart does one flip too many and lands on his head this WSX has trainwreck written all over it. Couldn't they at least get a venue that didn't look like an abandon wearhouse or at least buy some turnbuckle covers?

They want it to look that way, it's actually being shot in a studio/soundstage environment most of the fans are even paid actors.

By the way New Jack only appears on that episode and they taped enough to run though April.