TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Soup

New England Clam Chowder and okra-based gumbo are king, IMO. Nothing makes for a better meal. I do often get a hankering for a french onion.

However, those are the best soups. This includes all stews, casoulles' and chiles.

Chicken Corn Chowder is the king of soup if a chowder can be a king of soup (i guess it depends on the lineage).

As far as chunky soups go, I've gotta agree with New England Clam Chowder. Lobster bisque is my favorite of the smooth (creamy?) varieties.

Although it doesn't technically count as a soup, there are few things better than a hearty, homemade beef stew.

Oh yeah, homemade vegetable soup is the bomb. Unlike the canned stuff where everything kind of tastes like one thing, homemade veggie soup is awesome because the flavor is strong in each item added....also french bread is great to dip into it.

Homemade beef soup. Add Khalerabi to it as well, and some other spices too, taste awesome. (Minus carrots, oh how I dislike carrots.)

Guest Vitamin X

I hate anything that's too much liquid, but I LOVE red pepper and tomato bisque, among the requisite clam chowder and super noodly chicken noodle soup. I over-noodled my last attempt at making it in the slow cooker, and that didnt turn out well, but usually it's great.