TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

so this is pretty much exactly what i expected; the bears coming out and responding to the negative press and making a statement at the expense of the saints.

i would love to see this turn into a patriots/colts style rivalry, though i don't know how likely that is. i'd settle for a rematch in the playoffs next year.

Least the Colts and the Patriots don't have to worry anymore about being treated like the Great Satan for daring to try to win a Super Bowl away from the people of New Orleans. The Bears just did it for them.

Bears defense did one hell of an amazing job. Saints defense did their best but that catch by Berriman was just the ultimate in momentum swings.

Well, I said the key would be to establish the run, and it looks like that's what happened on the offensive side. Chicago used the run to build up the big lead, and the Saints could never get it going. A pass-only offense will never get it done in the NFL. And the Bears D was sharp most of the game. They never let the Saints capitalize on any momentum they were given after the long Bush play. That missed FG (which I don't even know why it was attempted given the distance and conditions) was the beginning of the end.

So is it wrong that I want to see the Colts play the Bears in the superbowel? I think it would be a better game than The Patriots vs the Bears.

Colts Vs Bears gives you the more appealing matchups given how ugly the earlier Bears/Pats game was this year. The media will make it a BLACK HEAD COACH centered story, but we'll make due. Better then hearing about the Chocolate City.

Patriots/Bears makes it a 1985 centered event and we've seen more then enough of The Fridge for a lifetime. I'd like to think the 2006 Bears would perfer to make a name of their own instead of playing along with the '85 Bears.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Bear Down, Chicago Bears!

Make every play clear the way to victory!

Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,

With your T formation!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears,

And let them know why you're wearing the crown,

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!

CROWN THEIR ASS. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE.

So is it wrong that I want to see the Colts play the Bears in the superbowel?

Fantastic typo. Now, every time I see advertising for the Super Bowl, I'll think of a giant colon.

The Bears' D from the first half of the season showed up, which more people (myself included) probably should have expected. Still, it was a closer game that you'd think for the first three quarters, only getting out of hand once they nailed Brees with the safety for an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone.

I'm pulling for the Pats even more now, b/c Belichick getting two weeks to plan a defense for Rex would be amazing.

Belichick can spend the two weeks at the golf course and in the clubhouse banging someone's wife instead of coming up with any sort of scheme against Grossman. The only plan needed will be making sure Grossman gets to the stadium that night.

All kidding aside, Rexy looked shaky at times but he stepped up big time on that drive and helped his team secure that win but the big "props" is for the rushing duo attacks and the aggressive defense.

I was hoping for NO simply because I like that high style offense to play Indy but the defense and unpredictablity of Rex makes them a fun team to watch.

Did Bradshaw have a big bet on the Bears? He seemed more excited then the players were.

Geez, not even 10 minutes after the game and the networks are already shoving the "BLACK COACH! OMG!" down our throats.

The media is just sad to see two weeks of free copy go out the window - having a human interest crossover story like the Saints fall in their lap is like getting a week of vacation from work during the busiest time of the year.

Make every play clear the way to victory!

Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,

With your T formation!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears,

And let them know why you're wearing the crown,

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!

CROWN THEIR ASS. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE.

YEAH!!!!