TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Women died from over consumption of water

Today on a local morning show here they were playing the clips from the contest. It was pretty creepy hearing them offer this woman tickets to drop out of the contest, and finally she gave in. You have to wonder if she gave in a little earlier if she would still be alive.

I didn't know it was possible to not know you could die from drinking too much water.

You sound like the condescending history professor that acts shocked when nobody knows what the fuck the Council of Trent was on the first day of class.

I agree with the people who are surprised that someone could be dumb enough to not know that pounding water was a bad idea.

Before you take issue...

DO YOU THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA???

Dumb people die. Everyday.

Granted in less dumb ways....

but it's natural selection done in the information age.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I didn't know it was possible to not know you could die from drinking too much water.

Yeah, well I didn't not know that it was not possible to not know you could die from drinking too much water!

O&A made some great comments, such as when they offered her the Justin Timberlake tickets the first time and they were both screaming "Take Them, Take Them!!!" had me dying....and then a listener called in and said that he and Jennifer had one thing in common...They'd both rather die than listen to Justin Timberlake....

Oh and O&A were one MSNBC yesterday and they made complete goofs on the situation then too...love those guys...they have willingly reserved themselves 3 seats(one for Jimmy Norton) in hell...

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
O&A made some great comments, such as when they offered her the Justin Timberlake tickets the first time and they were both screaming "Take Them, Take Them!!!" had me dying....and then a listener called in and said that he and Jennifer had one thing in common...They'd both rather die than listen to Justin Timberlake....

shut up. had timberlake came into music with a clean slate (no n'sync or other boy band allegances) i can almost gaurentee you'd all be more willing to give him more credit. and yes, for pop musical, sexyback is certainly unconventional. look at superjerk, ahem, damning indictment of the use "yeah". or how it stutter steps its way through barely audible & distorted lyrics. the production style of this song, with a blanket of electronic surges, deconstructs the popiness of it, not unlike when my bloody valentine added an additonal layer of distortion to beautiful pop music. it made it less accessible but equally enjoyable to the listener who wants to put in the time. now, don't say i am comparing this song to my bloody valentine. but this song did straddle the line between conventional & unconventional. arguably radio has never had anything like it. and there'll be plenty of imitators in the future. and you want to know why? because people who enjoy this type of music LOVED it. the cynical & overly self-conscious music snobs will easily dismiss it. which is fine. but, don't be ignorant enough to call it the worst song of the year. i guess playful sex & angry love is only acceptable whenever rock band does it.

Yeah, well I didn't not know that it was not possible to not know you could die from drinking too much water!

Hah.

Here's a snippet of transcript from the Hold your Wee for a Wii contest disc jockeys, via Joystiq:

Caller: "I want to say that, um, that those people that are drinking all that water can get sick and possibly die of water intoxication."

DJ 1: "Yeah, we're aware of that."

DJ 2:"They signed releases, so we're not responsible. It's OK."

After some more witty banter about people dying, they figure they're golden as long as they, "MAKE SURE SHE SIGNS THE RELEASE!"

So no one that doesn't go there doesn't not talk?

I know I know this line from something but god dammit, I can't remember for the life of me what.

And since I had a stupid double post because of connection issues, I'll just say these guys are looking worse by the minute now. They are basically admitting they organized a contest where they knew someone could DIE from participating.

shut up. had timberlake came into music with a clean slate (no n'sync or other boy band allegances) i can almost gaurentee you'd all be more willing to give him more credit. and yes, for pop musical, sexyback is certainly unconventional. look at superjerk, ahem, damning indictment of the use "yeah". or how it stutter steps its way through barely audible & distorted lyrics. the production style of this song, with a blanket of electronic surges, deconstructs the popiness of it, not unlike when my bloody valentine added an additonal layer of distortion to beautiful pop music. it made it less accessible but equally enjoyable to the listener who wants to put in the time. now, don't say i am comparing this song to my bloody valentine. but this song did straddle the line between conventional & unconventional. arguably radio has never had anything like it. and there'll be plenty of imitators in the future. and you want to know why? because people who enjoy this type of music LOVED it. the cynical & overly self-conscious music snobs will easily dismiss it. which is fine. but, don't be ignorant enough to call it the worst song of the year. i guess playful sex & angry love is only acceptable whenever rock band does it.

Well since Justin Timberlake probably had nothing to do with composing the actual music, and is just the face behind other people's creativity, that still leaves us with a twit that will be prancing around on stage while the song plays over a PA system in the background.

Guest mst3krules

I know I know this line from something but god dammit, I can't remember for the life of me what.

Is the quote from an episode of MST3K?

Well since Justin Timberlake probably had nothing to do with composing the actual music, and is just the face behind other people's creativity, that still leaves us with a twit that will be prancing around on stage while the song plays over a PA system in the background.

First of all, you don't actually know if he did or did not compose his own music. Secondly, if he didn't make his own music, that would somehow lessen his credibility? Please. Noble savage falacy. Music is music. If you like what you hear, fine.

Guest Smues

Is the quote from an episode of MST3K?

title.jpg