TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

The OAO Phoenix Wright thread

If anyone's interested in more Phoenix Wright media goodness, I got my hands on the Gyakuten Saiban Orchestral Album. Your favorite Phoenix Wright music done by an actual orchestra. It's actually quite good. The music covers Gyakuten Saiban 1-4. Yes, they have the theme for 4 in the album.

Just beat the second case - Justice For All is absolutely harder than the first game. I'd say the second case felt equivalent to the later cases in the first Phoenix Wright game. I'm doing everything I can to avoid starting Case 3 tonight, but goddamn is it addicting.

And...finally beat case 4.

Yes, it is as awesome as everyone else was saying. I managed to get really invested into the case.

I was just stopping, and trying to figure out ways to fuck over Engarde, because I REALLY didn't want to help that fucker out. Everything I did that put doubt on him was just making me feel ill.

I finally finished the first pheonix wright today, so i can now start of the new one.

Ive just done the first mission,

the amnesia thing was a nice touch to get people who havent played the game before to get used to the way the game works

I almost failed the first case, i guess i was brash and just threw evidence at them without really thinking. Wont be doing that again....

I really like the life bar system as aposed to the 5 exlamation points, its a nicer touch that the amount of life you loose is dependant on how big the point is.

Oh and i didnt really like the music in it, but its starting to grow on me, i think i just prefer the first games music.

I got my hands on the Gyakuten Saiban Orchestral Album. Your favorite Phoenix Wright music done by an actual orchestra. It's actually quite good. The music covers Gyakuten Saiban 1-4. Yes, they have the theme for 4 in the album.

Where did you get this from? i was trying to find it last night and couldn't, but i did pick up the double cd with the music from the Ace Attorney and Justice For All for 28 quid shipped from Japan.

Guest Smues

I just got an e-mail from Gamefly that Justice for All shipped today, so in a few days I'll get to see if these games are as fun as they sound.

I finally finished the first pheonix wright today, so i can now start of the new one.

Ive just done the first mission,

the amnesia thing was a nice touch to get people who havent played the game before to get used to the way the game works

I almost failed the first case, i guess i was brash and just threw evidence at them without really thinking. Wont be doing that again....

I really like the life bar system as aposed to the 5 exlamation points, its a nicer touch that the amount of life you loose is dependant on how big the point is.

Oh and i didnt really like the music in it, but its starting to grow on me, i think i just prefer the first games music.

I got my hands on the Gyakuten Saiban Orchestral Album. Your favorite Phoenix Wright music done by an actual orchestra. It's actually quite good. The music covers Gyakuten Saiban 1-4. Yes, they have the theme for 4 in the album.

Where did you get this from? i was trying to find it last night and couldn't, but i did pick up the double cd with the music from the Ace Attorney and Justice For All for 28 quid shipped from Japan.

From BitTorrent.

Cheers, ill check it tonight. if i cant find it, cause im useless, ill send you a PM.

EDIT: Got it today, its pretty sweet. Dont recognise all the tunes off there (for obvious reasons of not playing the third one or the second one all the way through) but the tracks that i do recognise are really cool, i may pick up the actual album online if i can find it)

To celebrate, I put a new lunch on the menu: The Wright Way. The top tastes like bitter defeat, but the bottom tastes like sweet victory. Kids really dig the turnabout theme, it's a hit during exams. Just be sure not to eat it backwards!

More details about Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Ace Attorney 4 for you non-weaboos):

Winston Payne, the Judge, and

Phoenix Wright

are not the only returning characters.

Gumshoe isn't the detective anymore. Say hello to Ema Skye. She still has the glasses, and acts scientific, but older=hotter, I guess.

Wait, why is

Phoenix Wright in spoiler tags? Does he "die" or something in the third game?

He is no longer the main, player-controlled character.

If you notice the box art for Justice for All in the English versions, Phoenix Wright's name is de-emphasized, and "Ace Attorney" is emphasized.

The next localized version--which is virtually guaranteed--will probably be "(such and such): Ace Attorney."

Comparison:

Phoenix%20Wright_qjgenth.jpg 180253b.jpg

The Japanese games were always Gyakuten Saiban, though.

While not actually PW related, Capcom is working on a stock trading game that's apparently going to be cut from a similar cloth, Stock Trader Instant:

http://www.destructoid.com/now-you-too-can...er--30736.phtml

Official (JP) site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/shun/main.html

There's a a trailer up for the game (click the button that says NEW!). It apparently involves bishies, girls who look about 14, and chains. Okaaaaay...

I hope they're doing it in Japanese, too, strange to announce the US release first.

Er, they already did it in Japanese. Like 3 years ago.

Unless you mean just making a DS port of it, which yeah, does seem kinda odd that they wouldn't.

Which certainly isnt a bad thing. Im actually really glad this coming out to the US, because even if it doesnt get a UK release, i can just import the American ones like i have done with the previous two.

Did anyone else see they've released a new Pheonix Wright album in Japan?

Gytaken Saiben Meets Jazz.

Nice.

Harvey Birdman going to the PSP makes absolutely no sense. That market is not going to be interested in that game at all, unless they throw a "Final" or "Metal Gear" in front of it.

I only wish Phoenix Wright 3 would get here sooner.

Harvey Birdman going to the PSP makes absolutely no sense. That market is not going to be interested in that game at all, unless they throw a "Final" or "Metal Gear" in front of it.

I only wish Phoenix Wright 3 would get here sooner.

Phoenix Wright 2 just came out in January. With 3 scheduled for September, that's an eight-month gap. That's actually pretty fast. Also, we only to wait five months for the game. Not too bad.

I can't wait for GODOT... if they translate his stuff well, he will go down in legend. The coffee-related analogies he makes are epic win.

Harvey Birdman out of nowhere... don't screw up the license, please.

Harvey Birdman out of nowhere... don't screw up the license, please.

How would they do that? Have animation 10x better than the show and forget to include dick jokes?

Well, if they make it "normal" cases without other Hannah Barbara characters, that would certainly fuck it up. They DO have the rights to use other cartoon characters, right?

Well, if they make it "normal" cases without other Hannah Barbara characters, that would certainly fuck it up. They DO have the rights to use other cartoon characters, right?

CN / HB properties are owned by Turner, so yeah.

But they couldn't throw Superman or Wonder Woman in there since they don't own them (WB does), although they do show Superfriends in syndication. Turner owns some crappy original characters like Apache Chief/Wendy/Marvin, though.

Did anyone else see they've released a new Pheonix Wright album in Japan?

Gytaken Saiben Meets Jazz.

Nice.

Dont bother, ive just listened to it, its not very good.

On the Harvey Birdman game: it will be published by Capcom but developed by High Voltage, the same folks who did the last Leisure Suit Larry game and the Family Guy game.

So rest assured you'll get your dick jokes.