TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

TNA taking PPV back on the road

TNA officially announced their second road PPV. Here's their release:

TNA WRESTLING INVADES ST. LOUIS FOR MAJOR APRIL PAY-PER-VIEW

(January 23, 2007) - Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has announced that "Lockdown 2007" will be held live at the Family Arena in St. Louis on April 15, airing exclusively on Pay-Per-View.

TNA President Dixie Carter made the announcement on Tuesday night on "The Stranglehold" radio show (KFNS 590 AM) in St. Louis. She also confirmed that the April weekend in St. Louis also will include an all-access chance to meet the stars of TNA at "TNA Fan Interaction" which puts the stars of TNA up close and personal with the fans for a once in a lifetime meet-and-greet opportunity.

"Lockdown" is unlike any other wrestling Pay-Per-View in that every match takes place inside TNA's infamous Six Sides of Steel, promising some of the most unforgettable moments of the year.

The announcement comes on the heels of St. Louis Cardinals shortstop and World Series MVP David Eckstein announcing that "Team Eckstein" would battle "Team Pierzynski" led by Chicago White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, on Feb. 11, at the "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View in Orlando.

Tickets for "Lockdown" will go on sale at 10 a.m. CT, Friday, February 16, at the Family Arena Box Office (2002 Arena Parkway, St. Charles, MO 63303), all Metrotix outlets, online at Metrotix.com or by calling (314) 534-1111.

Several TNA stars will be in St. Louis for the on-sale event. Full details about the Feb. 16 autograph session will be available at TNAwrestling.com.

I like this. BFG showed how much TNA could benefit from a change of scenery once in a while. I think at the very least, BFG, LockDown and Slammiversary should be outside of Orlando to real separate them as the big shows. Anyone know how big the arena is?

They don't really say for a middle stage, but half house 180 degree seating is about 6,500 max capacity so I'd say somewhere between that and 5,000.

Seems like it's a reasonably big place. Unless we are talking about a different Family Arena in Missouri.

ETA: Nope, that's the one.

This should be pretty sweet. BFG was one of the better PPV's last year, just because it was in a change of scenery.

The announcement comes on the heels of St. Louis Cardinals shortstop and World Series MVP David Eckstein announcing that "Team Eckstein" would battle "Team Pierzynski" led by Chicago White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, on Feb. 11, at the "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View in Orlando.

wha-

From Mike Johnson:

TNA officials have been happy ticket sales for the TNA Lockdown PPV on 4/15 in St. Louis thus far. One of the main reasons St. Louis was chosen is that it's among the top rated cities for Impact viewership.

And I'll attend, myself. Even though I couldn;t afford to go to BFG this time around, I'll make sure I have enough scratch to make the, oh, 20-minute commute to Plymouth.

I'm with you BPS. I live in Atlanta, so I probably won't be taking the trek to Detroit, but if they really do run Slammiversary in Nashville, I'm so there. I took the drive for the 2nd anniversary show and had a great time, even if the main event had Jarrett going over Killings. I actually thought about checking out their house show in Birmingham last month since that'd be a shorter drive for me, but I decided not to when they started talking about the possibility of the next PPV being in Nashville.

I would love to see TNA come to the West Coast for a house show tour. If they hyped up Sting and Kurt Angle as the big names, maybe use the AAA talent exchange to get in some luchadores, run at places like Anaheim Convention Center, Grand Olympic Auditorium and Jenny Craig Pavilion they could really put on some good shows with sell-out crowds.

EDIT: And it seems logical for them to do some shows at midsize venues in Charlotte and Atlanta. I would imagine those are still wrestling hotbeds, right?

I was considering going to the TNA PPV in April, but since they are doing a house show less than a week later in my hometown I'll go to that show and not worry about the PPV. If not for the Cardinals/White Sox angle necessitating STL, I think the PPV would work better at the Louisville Gardens. It's just the right size arena for them, about 6,000 max. Memphis/USWA ran it for decades.