TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

OAO 2007 Royal Rumble Thread.

Guest Princess Leena

Shawn sabotaging Khali, like he doesn't know what he's doing in the ring. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say as someone who doesn't really watch WWE anymore that Taker/Batista and HBK/Cena would probably be enough to get me to watch WrestleMania. If Lashley was in either of the main events, there's no way in hell I'd watch that show. Actually, you can say the same for Orton and Edge right now.

You know, if the were going to have the Undertaker win the Royal Rumble, they should have done it last year (2006) so the final match at WM would have been Angle vs. Taker. their 2006 NWO match was match of the year, by far, in my opinion. Angle is the only won that can get a 4 or 5 star match out of Taker, and while people may get excited about Cena/Taker or Bats/Taker, neither will be able to carry Taker or vice-versa. The last match at WM should be a classic, but it's not going to happen.

I would have marked the f' out if the main event for last year's WM was the Angle-Taker match from NWO (with Taker winning if need be).

You know, if the were going to have the Undertaker win the Royal Rumble, they should have done it last year (2006) so the final match at WM would have been Angle vs. Taker. their 2006 NWO match was match of the year, by far, in my opinion. Angle is the only won that can get a 4 or 5 star match out of Taker, and while people may get excited about Cena/Taker or Bats/Taker, neither will be able to carry Taker or vice-versa. The last match at WM should be a classic, but it's not going to happen.

I would have marked the f' out if the main event for last year's WM was the Angle-Taker match from NWO (with Taker winning if need be).

In hindsight, that would have been a disaster if 'Taker gave Angle that rub. Angle isn't the only guy to get a classic out of 'Taker. Benoit, Cena (who is great at overbooked brawls), Edge and Michaels are very capable of it.

In hindsight, that would have been a disaster if 'Taker gave Angle that rub. Angle isn't the only guy to get a classic out of 'Taker. Benoit, Cena (who is great at overbooked brawls), Edge and Michaels are very capable of it.

I'm going with the premise that Taker is going to win the title (ie, he's not going to lose at Mania and thus give a huge rub; also, does Cena need a huge rub at this point; he's been champion for almost all of two years now and was US champion for pretty much a year before that). Cena cannot get a 4 or 5 star match out of Taker unless it's a gimmick match, which is where Cena seems to excel (otherwise, not so great). Benoit could have, cept' he's not a major player anymore and after his title run 2004, the majority of fans (non-smarks) don't give that much of a damn about him one way or the other, and certainly not for the main event of WM. Michaels would be okay, but I think he would have a problem carrying a guy the size of Taker for 25-30 minutes (Angle was great because of the variety of things he does; high-risk, submissions, counters to submissions,etc). Michaels is best when he's in a match with guy of similar size if it's a non-gimmick match (ie, Jericho, Angle, Edge...course those guys are just much better wrestlers than Taker as well).

Edge would be the only one that I think at this point, could have a great match with Taker, esp. if they played up streak vs. streak, but I don't think Edge still has the credibility in fans eyes to main event a WM.

I'm going with the premise that Taker is going to win the title (ie, he's not going to lose at Mania and thus give a huge rub; also, does Cena need a huge rub at this point; he's been champion for almost all of two years now and was US champion for pretty much a year before that). Cena cannot get a 4 or 5 star match out of Taker unless it's a gimmick match, which is where Cena seems to excel (otherwise, not so great). Benoit could have, cept' he's not a major player anymore and after his title run 2004, the majority of fans (non-smarks) don't give that much of a damn about him one way or the other, and certainly not for the main event of WM. Michaels would be okay, but I think he would have a problem carrying a guy the size of Taker for 25-30 minutes (Angle was great because of the variety of things he does; high-risk, submissions, counters to submissions,etc). Michaels is best when he's in a match with guy of similar size if it's a non-gimmick match (ie, Jericho, Angle, Edge...course those guys are just much better wrestlers than Taker as well).

Edge would be the only one that I think at this point, could have a great match with Taker, esp. if they played up streak vs. streak, but I don't think Edge still has the credibility in fans eyes to main event a WM.

Actually, I don't know about you, but I think Michaels works BEST when he's facing a guy bigger than him because one thing Shawn does exceptionally well is his bumping and the timing of his comebacks. He's great in that sort of role and he and Taker have worked great matches in the past. I really don't see why this would be any different.

I think it would've been fun if they had kept one or two as surprise entries, even if it was someone like Jerry Lawler or the Brawler coming out, just to add to the fun of the Rumble.

They should keep the main events of WM of Cena / Michaels and Undertaker / Batista. I'd definitely be excited.

The current build-up of the WM main event is awesome...which in a way, frustrates me. Why is it most of the time, WWE bookers can write great storylines heading into Wrestlemania, but be so lousy the rest of the year?

Thats because Wrestlemania is THE ppv where they can make the most money as its the biggest one of the year and everyone get excited around wrestlemania.

Can you really see people getting really pumped up in the weeks leading to unforgiven for example?

The current build-up of the WM main event is awesome...which in a way, frustrates me. Why is it most of the time, WWE bookers can write great storylines heading into Wrestlemania, but be so lousy the rest of the year?

Thats because Wrestlemania is THE ppv where they can make the most money as its the biggest one of the year and everyone get excited around wrestlemania.

Can you really see people getting really pumped up in the weeks leading to unforgiven for example?

No, I don't expect other PPVs to be booked the same as WM. However, I don't expect other PPVs to be booked like a monkey slinging shit at a wall. 2000/pre-Invasion 2001 is a good example of having great build-up to "minor" PPVs, and even better build up to the big shows.