TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Tax Tips for 2006

Not sure if any of you are aware of this, but on page 88 in the 2006 Tax return manual for individuals... Just read below.

tax.png

Now does this make sense to anyone?

Here is the link to the IRS website which has the manual for download in PDF form to see for your self.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

Seriously, do they proof read these?

So what do you learn from this? Its ok to steal as long as you file it on your income taxes OR return it before December 31!

Guest Smues

It's been like that for a long time. They aren't saying it's ok to steal, it's just another punishment for stealing. They don't really expect that you would report stolen property on your income statement, but after you're arrested for it an IRS agent is going to pay you a visit and make you pay the taxes and possibly penalties. I believe the same goes for illegal gains like drug revenues.

Crime doesn't pay, except the IRS!

Guest vanillagirl85
It's been like that for a long time. They aren't saying it's ok to steal, it's just another punishment for stealing. They don't really expect that you would report stolen property on your income statement, but after you're arrested for it an IRS agent is going to pay you a visit and make you pay the taxes and possibly penalties. I believe the same goes for illegal gains like drug revenues.

Crime doesn't pay, except the IRS!

so the us government DOES benefit from illegal drugs. now i know what i'm doing