TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TV/Movie deaths that made you jump for joy

Ana Lucia.

And I'm currently watching season 2 of the Wire. There is one character, and don't spoil it, but if he dies... I'll be doing cartwheels in my fucking living room. He was the inspiration for this thread.

Guest Smues

Damn. While reading the thread about deaths that pissed you off I thought of a bunch of ones where I was glad that they died, and yet now I can't remember a one of them. Fuck.

Guest Smues

Oo oo I remembered one: Maude Flanders. I didn't actually jump for joy, but it was certainly a TV death I approved of.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

The Destiny's Child bitch in Freddy vs. Jason. Only thing worthwhile in the movie.

- Every time Wesley Crusher died.

- Veronica on Prison Break

- Ana Lucia on Lost

- Sherry Palmer

- Grand Moff Tarkin

- The first time Family Guy was cancelled

- Sherry Palmer

oh hell yeah. add Nina Meyers to that list.

others:

the end of the Shield pilot, the moment I knew that we were in for something amazing

Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill

Marvin in Pulp Fiction

Ana Lucia of course

chainsaw in scarface

the ring trick at the end of Leon

Hans Gruber

Mr. Blonde

Scorpio in Dirty Harry

Though I never saw the show, I saw this on a special called 100 most memorable TV moments.

It had actress Diane Muldaur as a acharacter named Rosaland. She was talking to another character casually, the elevator doors open. She steps in...and there's no elevator. She falls to her death.

As they said she wast the bitch character for the show that season, and how funny her character's reaction to it was, it just made me laugh despite never watching that series.

Though I never saw the show, I saw this on a special called 100 most memorable TV moments.

It had actress Diane Muldaur as a acharacter named Rosaland. She was talking to another character casually, the elevator doors open. She steps in...and there's no elevator. She falls to her death.

As they said she wast the bitch character for the show that season, and how funny her character's reaction to it was, it just made me laugh despite never watching that series.

Rosalind Shays, LA Law. Wiki calls it a "jump the shark" moment, and the episode was called "Good To The Last Drop".

I'll agree with Veronica on Prison Break. Far and away the least interesting storyline in the series. And Sheri Palmler could have died a year sooner in my opinion.

I loved watching Dan kill The Captain in season 3 of Deadwood. I litterly went "yeah, bitch!"

Also liked it when Jeremiah killed Sims in season 2 of Jeremiah.

Even though it was a lame death, and at the end of the damn show. I was happy to see Keller go on Oz.

And I'm currently watching season 2 of the Wire. There is one character, and don't spoil it, but if he dies... I'll be doing cartwheels in my fucking living room. He was the inspiration for this thread.

Is it Ziggy?

Is it Ziggy?

He was cool for a little while. But season 2 was the weakest season, I didn't love the dock storyline

Captain Vidal

in Pan's Labyrinth. Such a fucking douchebag throughout the whole movie, and I'm glad del Tormo did something smart and didn't do a cop-out Disney ending. Even if he was the reason

Ofelia made it to the spiritual realm where she first originated thousands of years ago

, I still smiled when he fucking died, especially HOW he died and how everything he aimed to do in the whole movie just exploded right in his face and killed him.

Everybody but Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Then again, the whole movie was horrible, and I wanted everybody to die BUT him, so hey.

The Mayor in The Toxic Avenger. Such a complete scumbag, and the way he died is more memorable than why he died (generic crooked politician as far as WHY he died, but HOW - Toxie punches into his stomach and rips out his liver - is memorable, albeit not the most memorable death in the movie).

Uncle Les and Vera (Mum, in the final stage of infection) in Dead Alive (Brain Dead).

Everybody that died BUT

Harry the Hare (who was my favorite character in the whole movie)

in Meet the Feebles.

I'll agree with Veronica on Prison Break. Far and away the least interesting storyline in the series. And Sheri Palmler could have died a year sooner in my opinion.

I loved watching Dan kill The Captain in season 3 of Deadwood. I litterly went "yeah, bitch!"

Also liked it when Jeremiah killed Sims in season 2 of Jeremiah.

Even though it was a lame death, and at the end of the damn show. I was happy to see Keller go on Oz.

I move that your notion of Dan killing The Captain be stricken from the record as Turner was under orders from Hearst not to kill Big D. Dan would've been fucked if Turner was given carte blanche to go all out.

ravenbomb- At least put WHAT the spoiler pertains to, otherwise morons like myself are going to view them not knowing what they're about.

Captain Vidal

in Pan's Labyrinth. Such a fucking douchebag throughout the whole movie, and I'm glad del Tormo did something smart and didn't do a cop-out Disney ending. Even if he was the reason

Ofelia made it to the spiritual realm where she first originated thousands of years ago

, I still smiled when he fucking died, especially HOW he died and how everything he aimed to do in the whole movie just exploded right in his face and killed him.

Totally agreed, but he was quite the hilarious prick at times.

I marked out during The Hills Have Eyes remake where Pluto gets an American flag slammed into his skull, the dog rips the shit out of the crippled mutant, and to top it off Pyro takes an axe and goes to town on the freakiest looking one of the bunch. It all happens in about three minutes and I was so happy.

the ring trick at the end of Leon

Best scene ever.

I'm kind of pissed that this thread spoiled Ana Lucia's death for me (I'm currently on Season 2) but FUCK YES! THE BITCH FUCKING DIES!

Is it Ziggy?

He was cool for a little while. But season 2 was the weakest season, I didn't love the dock storyline

Am I the only one who really enjoyed Season 2( Then again I really enjoyed all four seasons)? I mean it's behind only the first in terms of my favorite. I thought the dock storyline brought a fresh perspective on urban strife. If any season was slightly weak, I thought it was Season 3, the season just took too long to set up the main plot IMO.