TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

What game(s) are you playing now?

no doubt, the controls were pretty bad, but that game was certainly striving for a lot back in it's day compared to other NES titles.

slightly off topic, I'd love to see a Golgo 13 live action movie and it'd HAVE to star Chow-Yun Fat

Just the on-foot, side-scrolling sections had crappy controls. The rest of the game (including the first-person shooting segments) were fine. If those side-scrolling/shooting sections had as smooth control as say, Rolling Thunder, it could be a bonafide classic.

It sucks having a jump kick you have to rely on pure luck to connect with.

I did see a Golgo 13 OVA, Queen Bee. It was pretty good.

There are only two Golgo 13 animes that I know of...Queen Bee, which you've seen and the original movie The Professional: Golgo 13. You know, you MIGHT be lucky enough to find it at a video store still, though I doubt it's on any media other than VHS. Honestly, if I can find the DVD for a decent price, I'd buy it.

Found, and ordered. Gracias. :)

awesome, give me your take on it when you finally see it! The animation is dated, mind you, so don't be let down, but it's a damn good flick!

It won't be the first 80's anime I saw/enjoyed, so that's fine by me.

I've gone back to playing FFVI Advance, and some Buster's Hidden Treasure on Genesis.

BHT is kind of like Sonic the Rabbit, honestly. Difficulty, control, level design, gadgets--it's all shamelessly and eeriely like Sonic. It rocks, though.

So if you never played it, seek it out. Pretend it's a new Sonic game that doesn't suck.

Currently playing the PSX port of Final Fantasy IV. On the SNES, this was the first Final Fantasy and/or RPG I ever played in my life. That game changed the way I looked at games. I realized how epic a game could be. It may not be my favorite now, but it has a special place in my gaming history.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Playing Phantasy Star IV via Sega Genesis Collection. Still holds up as a pretty good RPG.

I rented the new Phantasy Star game for PS2 and haven't bothered to play it past the opening sequence or two because of the horrible voice acting and doof main character on a hoverboard. Will I really be missing out on anything? That's open to anyone to answer.

The new Phantasy Star game is an off-shoot of the PSO series, so it's nothing like the old Phantasy Star games as far as gameplay goes. The single player in PSU is decent, the online portion is terrible. But it's only worth getting if you don't mind hack and slash dungeon crawl type games.