TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 2/8 Impact Thread

Preview:

spike28.gif

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Featuring Christian Cage & AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe

Don’t forget – check out the two-hour TNA Wrestling special on SpikeTV on Monday night, February 12!

This Thursday night, TNA Wrestling returns with “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET, just prior to Sunday’s “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View! The below is the preview for the huge program:

MAIN EVENT: NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION CHRISTIAN CAGE & AJ STYLES VS. KURT ANGLE & SAMOA JOE

Just minutes after last Thursday’s broadcast, based on what happened after the main event, TNA management director Jim Cornette announced that Christian Cage and AJ Styles will face Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe this Thursday night on SpikeTV! Can Joe and Angle co-exist in the match? Is Joe really advising the World Champion for his bout against Angle? Will Cage continue to play his mind games? Tune in and see this huge main event on Thursday’s broadcast!

ABYSS PREPARES FOR THE PRISON YARD MATCH – WILL STING RESPOND?

Abyss is scheduled to be in action this Thursday night against Chase Stevens of The Naturals, as the former World Champion prepares for the upcoming Prison Yard match against Sting on Sunday at “Against All Odds”. The question is – will Sting be attendance? Why was Sting wearing Abyss’ mask? Will the wrestling icon respond to James Mitchell? We’ll find out Thursday night on SpikeTV!

TEAM 3D PROMISES TO RESPOND TO THE LAX’S RECENT ATTACK

Have the LAX unleashed the full fury of Team 3D? We’ll see on Thursday night as Brother Ray and Brother Devon have promised to speak out on the recent attack by LAX on Ray’s family in New York! Will The Latin American Xchange be in the arena? Will all hell break loose between TNA’s top tag teams?

SIX MAN ACTION: RHINO, JERRY LYNN & SENSHI VS. JAMES STORM, CHRIS SABIN & AUSTIN STARR

Also on Thursday’s broadcast, it will be six-man action as “The War Machine” Rhino will team with Jerry Lynn and martial-arts master Senshi to battle James Storm, X Champion Chris Sabin and The Austin Starr!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, just days before Sunday’s “Against All Odds” live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View!

Discuss:

From Da Meltz:

The show also features Bob Backlund doing an interview, which was 10-12 minutes live so will have to be heavily edited. Plus, Konnan returns in a wheelchair, and Christian's mystery consultant shows his face at the end of the show. I was told the main event was the best Impact match in a while, going 8-10 minutes in the building (hey, this is Impact, what can I say?).

Glad to see the main event got time to breath. I was trying not to get my hopes up for the match after last week's 3 minute main event. We'll see how many of those 10 minutes make air though....

From Da Meltz:

The show also features Bob Backlund doing an interview, which was 10-12 minutes live so will have to be heavily edited. Plus, Konnan returns in a wheelchair, and Christian's mystery consultant shows his face at the end of the show. I was told the main event was the best Impact match in a while, going 8-10 minutes in the building (hey, this is Impact, what can I say?).

Glad to see the main event got time to breath. I was trying not to get my hopes up for the match after last week's 3 minute main event. We'll see how many of those 10 minutes make air though....

I'll guess five minutes of it make it on air.

Heel AJ rules! Team Miami Vice 5 o'clock shadow is on fire! Is there nothing Christian can do? Hey its the next president of the U.S. of A....Bob Backland!

Austin Starr > Joey Ryan.

In just those 3 minutes, I realized why Senshi should be the face of the post AJ/Daniels/Joe X-D. And if they were smart, they have him kill Starr at the PPV to start a Joe like push.

In just those 3 minutes, I realized why Senshi should be the face of the post AJ/Daniels/Joe X-D. And if they were smart, they have him kill Starr at the PPV to start a Joe like push.

No. Have him kill anyone OTHER than Starr. Starr is going to be HUGE. (although, I am biased, as my custom title may indicate)

I think TNA may be wary of pushing Senshi, since he's burned bridges with just about everyone he's ever worked for...TNA included.

No. Have him kill anyone OTHER than Starr. Starr is going to be HUGE. (although, I am biased, as my custom title may indicate)

I just suggested Starr because they're programmed together right now (and because after all the build up for his re-debut, he's been a glorified jobber). Starr got his pin on Senshi tonight. Sunday, he should eat a ghetto stomp.

Kevin Nash needs to get ghetto stomped garvin style from head to toe! And how much money is being wasted on the baseball stars? Instead of wasting money on the baseball stars TNA should of signed Jean Claude Van Dam to be the special guest ref for the Sting/Abyss Prison match.

that actually was a decent match. I never get sick of seeing Joe casually walk away from somebody setting up some explosive move. Or the running knee-lift in the corner and slam out of it. anyway, they should have at least one match that gets close to 10 minutes every show. it just leaves a different taste in your mouth with the hour is up. Steiner's debut was reasonably well handled. I'd have saved it for the PPV, but it put heat on Christian heading into the PPV. If this were WWE, that beatdown would be enough to guarantee an Angle win.

Instead of wasting money on the baseball stars TNA should of signed Jean Claude Van Dam to be the special guest ref for the Sting/Abyss Prison match.

Or at the VERY least, the stars of Undisputed 2.

Some stats for last night's Impact:

Total TV time: 40 minutes

Total matches: 3

Total match time: 6.5 minutes

Clean finish: 1

Total number of characters on-screen, not including the refs or security: 44.

--One thing I have to say about last night's Impact, whether you liked it or hated it, is as a go-home show, where the goal is to make you want to see the PPV, that show was a complete failure. For some reason, they made it so I didn't want to see any match. You got the feeling every match would have multiple run-ins and last 2:00 if you saw the TV. None of the gimmicks were sold as to why they were there and what they mean. If I wasn't told what a prison yard match is, I'd have had no clue. They manage to take good wrestlers and name wrestlers, and the way they are used on television, their matches on PPV end up meaning nothing.

Meltzer

Some stats for last night's Impact:

Total TV time: 40 minutes

Total matches: 3

Total match time: 6.5 minutes

Clean finish: 1

Total number of characters on-screen, not including the refs or security: 44.

Ouch.

Eventhough I agree with Meltzer's critisism, i thought this was a pretty solid Impact. The main event was better than they have produced in weeks thanks to Styles and Joe.