TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivalaultra

A serious question

So, I have a cat. He's black and his name is Spunky and he's 10 years old (give or take). He's mostly a tomcat, hanging out outside for long periods of the day, and he sleeps alot. Anyway, I just let him inside my house to sleep up in my bed with me. I go to get a towel to take a shower, and I walk into my bathroom to see Spunky hovering over the toilet bowl, seat raised. I think he's on there to try and get at something on the shelves above the toilet, but I when I go to lift him off, he starts taking a piss...right into the bowl like nobody's business. Now, I've heard tell of cats being potty trained before, but I thought that they would have to be rigorously trained. I never trained my cat to do that. I don't think my cat's ever been in the bathroom when I've used the toilet. I have no idea where he got this notion from. Does anybody have a cat that just...uses the toilet? Does it mean that he smelled pee in my bathroom and figured it out from there, and, thus, I should clean my toilet more often? Would it only be impressive if he flushed, too?

Guest Queen Leelee

Do you have his litter box near the toilet?

Toilet training a cat is very easy to do, and doesn't take long. The negative of it though is that cats are usually inaccurate with their urinating and defecation. And that's not fun.

He doesn't use a litter box. He's been urinating in nature for the better part of the last 8 or 9 years. It's weird that I'm sure this isn't the first time he's done this; he went straight to the bathroom and jumped right up on the toilet like he'd been doing it for years, but this is the first I've ever seen him do it.

man i just laughed pretty hard at thinking of my cat doing this. Yeah my cat drinks out of the toilet all the time, she will also play fetch....its kind of weird