TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Your home is burning down, what do you save?

Alright, your house/apartment/condo/cardboard box is burning to the ground and there's only time to save one thing...what is it?

Mind you that all people, pets, and Christina Aguilera love dolls have already made it to safety.

NOTE: You can't save whole collections of things, there just isn't time

Guest Smues

I have a giant binder filled with most of my dvds/cds/video games. And I just happen to keep it near the door, so that'd be an easy choice for me.

I've basically been bouncing from place to place for the past year as is, so all my stuff is spread out at various locations. I have nothing of importance at where I'm staying now so I'd just walk out the door with my pillows and blanket so I could comfortably sleep in my truck.

I have homeowner's insurance. If the cats are safely out, let it burn to the ground.

Well, I might go in for my sports cards. They're all in a storage box on the first floor in my closet, so there would be time.

All my sports cards, my sports jerseys, and photo albums. I live with 5 other people, so I'm pretty sure that everyone else could grab the important stuff.

And all that shit is in one area, so I'd be able to grab most of it. Absolute main thing is the sports cards, I could sell them to get a lot of things back.

I have homeowner's insurance. If the cats are safely out, let it burn to the ground.

Second.

If the animals are safe, the main thing to save is my computer tower.

Second.

If the animals are safe, the main thing to save is my computer tower.

That's what I'd go for. My wife would grab all the photos.

My TV is burning up because theres no way I could lift the freakin 200 lb thing on my own and out in time.

I really have no clue.

You're the only person I know that'd make the effort to even consider a stupid television but if it's so damn important, 200 lbs shouldn't be enough to prevent you, a reasonably big sized guy from carrying it out there unless you had to go down a flight of steps.

Wouldn't you be more concerned about your recipes or something considering how much you avoided because of your "career"?

Guest Oedipus Rex

I was nearly faced with this dilemma in January when there was a fire in my house.

My TV is burning up because theres no way I could lift the freakin 200 lb thing on my own and out in time.

I really have no clue.

You're the only person I know that'd make the effort to even consider a stupid television but if it's so damn important, 200 lbs shouldn't be enough to prevent you, a reasonably big sized guy from carrying it out there unless you had to go down a flight of steps.

Wouldn't you be more concerned about your recipes or something considering how much you avoided because of your "career"?

Theres no way..the 3 delivery men had to have me take out the screen of my window and push the tv in through the window because it wouldnt fit through the door.

So how the hell am I supposed to shove a 200lb tv through a window with no one to catch it on the other side?

As for my recipes, already stated is the fact you cant save whole collections of things which pretty much means my cookbooks with all my recipes are toast, as are some other important things to me like my DVD collection and my video games. I could care less about my computer..I only paid $200 for it and I could use an excuse to buy a new one.

I think Id make an effort to save my HD Tivo since if it gets burned up, its being replaced with a Directvs non-tivo HD-DVR that sucks since they dont make or sell the tivo version anymore.

so there, Id save my HD tivo...

My PS2 games (I need a new system anyway) and computer are right next to each other, so I could probably get most of that pile, and still have time to snag my IPod since all of my CDs would unfortunately have to burn.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

My musical equipment, then I'd duck and cover when the fire reached my ammunition.