TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

Guest Queen Leelee

Indeed... I like JB in the studio, but he is really, REALLY bad.

He'd go silent during half the plays in the Vandy game.

Who on earth decided James Brown would be one of the four lead play-by-play guys? That's going to turn out to be one of the poorer decisions of our time.

At least he's not paired with Bob Weitzel. He was bad during that Duke-VCU game, I don't think he ever put together a complete sentence. "Duke...JUMPSHOT...VCU with the....they need to score on this....

This is irrelevant to anyone not watching in Canada, but I hate the fact that Sportsnet (4 regional networks, often showing different games) lost the rights to the tournament to The Score (one national network, usually the same game as CBS, and an annoying ticker running on the bottom of the screen). Now I have to rely on MMOD for other games, and it's not nearly as good.

Guest Smues

Damn Duke losing in the 1st round. Oh well, they'll be better next year. Hopefully at least Gonzaga loses.

Indeed... I like JB in the studio, but he is really, REALLY bad.

He'd go silent during half the plays in the Vandy game.

Judging by the score, he was probably so bored he went off to a bar to watch the other games.

Guest Queen Leelee

There were no other games at the time. :P

Yeah, the game sucked. GW played as bad as they possibly could.

Duke will be great next year if McRoberts stays.

I hope he does so I'm at least guaranteed to completely hate one player on Duke. There was a small stretch before Redick showed up where there wasn't anyone on the team I wanted to kill. That was tough.

I made two brackets this year. One was my initial reactions to the seedings and the other one I kept revising up until tip off. In the first one I'm perfect but the second one I picked Stanford (wtf?) and Duke. Unfortunately I submitted the second one to the TSM pool.

Hmm...Eastern Kentucky's trying to make it interesting right now.

I'm basically figuring out which game Gus Johnson is calling and am sticking with it. I want to see if he can reach the level of excitement he had for UCLA/Gonzaga and Steelers-Browns last year.

Edited by KingPK

I HAD DUKE LOSING ON MY BRACKET!!! Awesome day for me got 15/16 matchups correct!! HOpefully tomorrow is just as good. I KNOW IM GONNA WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR IN MY POOL!! I had Xavier beating BYU too and knew they'd do it even though they were down. Why'd Gonzaga have to lose????

My 2nd bracket on HFboards is the shit. It will not be fucked with.

VCU made all my money back, plus a little. I emptied my savings on that bet to break even. Tomorrow's going to be the big upset day. MotherfuckingLongBeachState.

Blah. I ended up going 12-4 today. Missed the Quette/MSU game since I learned after I filled the bracket that McNeal was out. Otherwise would have taken MSU. I had a couple of indulgent upset picks like Oral Roberts and Davidson that didn't pan out. And silly me, I thought Duke might show some nuts and win a couple in this thing. I have residual loathing of VCU from the Metro days which precluded me from picking them anyway.

A lack of upsets is actually good for the tourney going forward. The 2nd round has some really kick ass matchups now. It just made today boring for the most part.

My 2nd bracket on HFboards is the shit. It will not be fucked with.

VCU made all my money back, plus a little. I emptied my savings on that bet to break even. Tomorrow's going to be the big upset day. MotherfuckingLongBeachState.

Oh, fuck. I got them as my ultra upset special(to the s16) in my mega cash pool and after your proclamation about getting acclimated to USC only for them to get massacred this past weekend, you aren't helping my confidence, man! :)