TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Gun Control Thread

Because this whole argument is basically fucking stupid. The US is never going to have a comprehensive gun ban. Yes, people get shot because of the availability of firearms. But I would argue that just as many murders are committed with knives or other implements in other countries, as guns kill people here.

Oh well, let's just debate this for a while, then forget about it 'til the next psycopath kills a bunch of people, then blame in on guns and video games.

Guest Richard McBeef
"We should ban all guns and knives! We need to end all possibility of violence against anyone! People should have to register all blunt objects in their homes!"

Why do people in this thread feel the need to just make up shit that nobody actually said? I don't get it.

It's more like this whole folder. Ranting at no one in particular using phrases that were quoted from no one in particular is a common strategy.

You must also remember that a large part of all the murders in the US come from hispanic gangs illegally entering and killing in gang warfare. Most of these murders are not home grown violence.

LOL.

But yeah, those numbers can't be accurate.

But I would argue that just as many murders are committed with knives or other implements in other countries, as guns kill people here.

Then you'd be fucking retarded. Murder rates are not the same in every country! Do you get numbers?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_...ders-per-capita

Well, we're way down on that list, so who really gives a shit? I also question how accurate some of those numbers are anyway...I'm sure there's plenty of countries where murders are way underreported. Of course, if it's state sanctioned murder, it probably doesn't count, I guess.

The US murder rate is fairly high for a 1st world country. It's actually in the top 2 or 3, depending on whether some borderline countries are considered 1st world.

But I would argue that just as many murders are committed with knives or other implements in other countries, as guns kill people here.

Then you'd be fucking retarded. Murder rates are not the same in every country! Do you get numbers?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_...ders-per-capita

Well, we're way down on that list, so who really gives a shit? I also question how accurate some of those numbers are anyway...I'm sure there's plenty of countries where murders are way underreported. Of course, if it's state sanctioned murder, it probably doesn't count, I guess.

Whatever.

But you do get that the murder rate is not homogenous throughout the world? Right?