TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Gun Control Thread

Guest Tzar Lysergic

BUMP:

So that son of a bitch Paul Helmke (former mayor of the city in which I live) was in the news recently pushing for the inevitable gun control reforms and "common-sense solutions" in the wake of the VT massacre.

It's long past time to have a serious national conversation about gun violence. It's past time for us to agree that something is wrong when an individual with such obvious signs of instability can legally arm himself with the extraordinary firepower necessary to murder so many innocent people. Something is wrong when thirty-two people die from gun violence inflicted by others, not just at Virginia Tech on April 16, but every day in this country. Obviously, what we're doing now is not working.

Liar. Cho did not legally arm himself. He blatantly (and feloniously) perjured himself on this form, line 12f.

Extraordinary firepower? A .22 and a Glock 9mm. Guy makes it seem like Cho tore through the school with an M-16.

:lol: You're right, if you can't depend on the insane killers not to lie on official paperwork, who can you depend on?

Well, that means guns need to be banned because people lie on govt paperwork. While we are at it, we should start banning taxes since people lie on that too(Mr. Biggs and Westly Snipes). Banning child birth since mothers could lie who the father is(Anna Nicole, I am looking at you!). Ban driving to minors since so many kids have fake IDs. THATS IT!!!

The few bad apples means NOBODY should be allowed to have it at all.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
:lol: You're right, if you can't depend on the insane killers not to lie on official paperwork, who can you depend on?

Right, silly premise, but the point is the gun was obtained illegally.

The bad precedent that some gun control groups are trying to set is that medical background checks should be ran to look for mental instability. While the intention may be good, it's a bad road to head down if it allows people to go sniffing around through someone's medical records. Where is the line drawn? I've been perscribed antidepressants in the past, would that disqualify me from purchasing new firearms? What about veterans that suffered from PTSD? Someone that committed herself to a mental institution for something nonviolent 'x' number of years ago?

I'm surprised this hasn't been tacked onto HR 1022 quite yet.

Those targets can't try to steal your TV.

Fair enough, I guess it something I can't understand fully being a UK Resident and having never lived in the US. Though, recently the UK Media has decided to report every gun crime in the UK so it seems like we have some kind of gun pandemic going on. I'm not sure if this is the truth or if its just a long standing problem coming to the attention of the masses, but I've personally never been worried about getting shot up where I live in Newcastle.

But there are more stabbings in th UK than the US. Different weapon, same end result. If someone wants your stuff and is going to kill you for it, they are going to do it, its just whats the weapon that they get their hands on. All guns in the UK are illegal. Most guns in NYC are illegal. Still, illegal actions are going to cause crimes. You are just as likely to get killed in a crime no matter where in the world you are.

You are just as likely to get killed in a crime no matter where in the world you are.

This is very wrong. So very wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

Guest Richard McBeef

He should've clarified and said "you're just as likely to get killed in a murder no matter where in the world you are." There's a lot of good football teams playing football.

Still, illegal actions are going to cause crimes

This just kicks ass.

But yeah, if someone wants to kill you they are going to try and kill you. Thats all it is to it.

(someone here has to think we should ban guns entirely; come out you bastard)

I do, because it would lead to death by other objects (can opener, lawn chair, sock full of marbles, etc...)

(someone here has to think we should ban guns entirely; come out you bastard)

I do, because it would lead to death by other objects (can opener, lawn chair, sock full of marbles, etc...)

It could be like a real life Tom & Jerry cartoon.

That reminds me of that SNL sketch about the NRA Movie on the Brady Bill where the guy tries to buy a gun, but has to wait 7 days, so the gun shop owner gives him a mace in the meantime.

Then his house gets broken into on the 6th night and he comes down stairs with the mace only to be shot and killed. Good stuff.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I've been stabbed and I've been held up at gun point while working at 711.

I'll take the stabbing any day thank you.

Is it not common knowledge that guns are much more dangerous than knives or other melee weapons because they're just easier to use and kill with? Or am I giving people too much credit?

Which is why Knives are just as dangerous. Brings the pointless hero out. Its your fucking wallet, trying to take a guy with a knife is just as dumb as trying to take a guy with a gun.

And CWM, if you are chosing a stabbing over being held at gun point, I am going to stand by my "They didnt' stab you right".

"We should ban all guns and knives! We need to end all possibility of violence against anyone! People should have to register all blunt objects in their homes!"

"We should ban all guns and knives! We need to end all possibility of violence against anyone! People should have to register all blunt objects in their homes!"

Why do people in this thread feel the need to just make up shit that nobody actually said? I don't get it.