TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

The regular season ends a week from today, and the playoffs start a week from Wednesday. So, who makes the playoffs out of the East? Here's the remaining schedule for the contenders:

Tampa Bay (90 pts): Car, Fla, @Atl

NY Rangers (89 pts): Tor, @NYI, Mtl, @Pit

Montreal (88 pts): Bos, @NYR, @Tor

Toronto (87 pts): @NYR, Phi, @NYI, Mtl

Carolina (84 pts): @Fla, @TB, Atl, Fla

NY Islanders (84 pts): NYR, Tor, @Phi, @NJ

I have Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Montreal making the playoffs, in that order. The Rangers will lose a tiebreaker with Montreal for the last spot.

So who finishes first in the Best? Ducks moved into first, but have the same amount of points as Detroit and have played one more game. For a while Anaheim would have played the Sharks in the first round, which is too good of a matchup and should be saved for the Bestern Conference Finals.

Tampa, NYR, Toronto.

All it takes is the Leafs/Rags game to go to overtime to muddy everything up. The playoff teams will be decided in overtime games.

Watching the Rangers game while reading the results from 'Mania. Must say Sean Avery might have been one of the best pick-ups by trade this year. Before tonight the Rangers have gotten 35 out of 50 possible points, those are some great numbers. He has surely brought some intensity to the team. I have followed him for a few years now and totally marked out when he was picked up. Actually just bought my Avery jersey from NHL.com this evening. So far tonight has been a really fun game to watch.

I would wait to buy that jersey until he gets signed for next season. Just a word of advice.

I'm glad Avery knocked out Tucker. Actually I like anyone that knocks out Tucker

That's funny, considering Tucker landed the better punches. Since when did the opponent losing their balance and falling at the end of a fight mean a victory? The fans cheer like it means something, even when the guy who fell won the fight in actuality.

"He lost his balance, that must mean he lost the fight!" Doesn't getting knocked out usually mean the guy lost consciousness? I'm watching the fight again and I agree with WWM about Tucker landing the best punches. Hell the punch that "knocked out" Tucker was a shot to his armpit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhszblLOhg

Watch Avery talk Tucker into a fight and then when Tucker dropped the gloves, he kept his gloves on and acted like Tucker was jumping him. Trying to draw an instigator on Tucker, just like he drew a roughing penalty on Tucker when all he did was throw a hit on him. Avery acted like he got punched in the mouth and the ref's bought it like dumbasses.

Avery is a bigger shitbag than Tucker ever was, and I know very well about the kind of assholish stuff Tucker does and has done. I think most people would wish both of them to beat each other to death. Man that first punch thrown by Tucker was a beauty!

"He lost his balance, that must mean he lost the fight!" Doesn't getting knocked out usually mean the guy lost consciousness? I'm watching the fight again and I agree with WWM about Tucker landing the best punches. Hell the punch that "knocked out" Tucker was a shot to his armpit.

Watch Avery talk Tucker into a fight and then when Tucker dropped the gloves, he kept his gloves on and acted like Tucker was jumping him. Trying to draw an instigator on Tucker, just like he drew a roughing penalty on Tucker when all he did was throw a hit on him. Avery acted like he got punched in the mouth and the ref's bought it like dumbasses.

Avery is a bigger shitbag than Tucker ever was, and I know very well about the kind of assholish stuff Tucker does and has done. I think most people would wish both of them to beat each other to death. Man that first punch thrown by Tucker was a beauty!

That's what Avery's job is to do. He's the type of player that will get under the skin of the opposing player and make them draw penalties on them. There are players like that on almost every team. He's the ghuy you hate tomplay against but love when he is playing for you.

That's what Avery's job is to do. He's the type of player that will get under the skin of the opposing player and make them draw penalties on them. There are players like that on almost every team. He's the ghuy you hate tomplay against but love when he is playing for you.

Very true, and I was waiting for somebody here (like redbaron, heheh) to call me out for being a hypocrite. Much as it pissed me off, if anyone deserved to have their own shit thrown back at them, it'd be Tucker. Although Avery wasn't so much giving him his medicine as he was playing his own game, which is very similar to Tucker's. Avery looks like he is the better actor though, not to mention a bigger mouth.

I posted when I read the headlines. I hadn't seen any of the highlights prior till late last night. Tucker did land the majority of the shots, but I like anyone who knocks Tucker down on his ass.

I hope Port Colborne, Ontario gets knocked out in the first - OH WAIT THEY DON'T HAVE A TEAM.

That's pretty weak.

Our Junior B team is quite pathetic. Despite in the first season, having one of the best seasons in ages, they go ice cold from New Years till two weeks ago when they got knocked out in the second round.

Way to go making fun of a town of 18,000.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hey, that Niagara peninsula whatever it's called part of Canada is nice. Don't diss.

Don't rag on Welland. They've had an NDP MP for the last million years. Even Mike would have trouble explaining why I owe the Harper admin. money today.

Wow, that felt good getting off my chest.

I don't get the Devils getting rid of Julien at all. They're legitimate contenders in the East, and even if they don't win the Atlantic, being taken over by Pittsburgh is hardly indicative of poor coaching.

I get it. Lou turned that team into a beast last year when he took over. There's no risk in trying to strike gold twice.

He should just coach the team permanently. They play their best when he's coaching.

This is actually an interesting system he has going. Hire one guy to coach most of the regular season, then take over for the playoffs. Obviously, he knows he's better in short bursts than for an entire season.

Guest Queen Leelee

This is just a lame attempt to try getting anyone to care about the Devils.

DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR EVIL TRAP.

To answer your question, Paul Kariya.

He will be money on a team that has what it takes to get deep.