TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Sean O'Haire almost killed in a bar fight

http://www.wrestling-news.com/artman/publi...icle_3312.shtml

The following article was published in today's South Carolina's Island Packet. The injuries are very serious and could likely end his career in MMA and wrestling.

The story is a bit vague as to what led to the fight leading to the injuries. Regardless as to who initiated this fight, one thing is pretty certain. The person that assaulted O'Haire didn't appear to have any signs of being assaulted, despite claiming self defense. Provoked or unprovoked, assault charges should be filed against the assailant.

In a weird case of irony, if you check out our webcast from Monday, we discussed O'Haire's fighting style in and outside the ring. We hope that he can recover from these injuries. Here's the article:

Ex Pro Wrestler Hurt In Fight

A former professional wrestler was seriously hurt in a fight outside a Hilton Head Island bar on Friday night, a Beaufort County sheriff's report states.

Sean Christopher Haire, 36, who won the World Championship Wrestling tag team titles in 2000 and 2001, told deputies he was attacked while walking up to the Hilton Head Brewing Co., according to the report.

Haire said he was going to the aid of a friend who was attacked by three unknown males when a 28-year-old Hilton Head man punched him in his left eye, knocking him into nearby bushes.

The blow fractured Haire's orbital lobe in three places and resulted in other fractures to his face and skull, the report states. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and his injuries will require extensive plastic surgery, doctors told deputies.

Haire has obtained a warrant for the arrest of Juan Brantley on assault charges, according to sheriff's Capt. Toby McSwain.

Witnesses to the incident dispute Haire's allegations and say Brantley was acting in self defense. Haire's roommate said Thursday Haire's lawyers had instructed him not to talk about the incident.

Dave Robertson, general manager of the Hilton Head Brewing Co., said Haire had on several occasions tried to start a fight with Brantley.

Robertson and an employee of the bar, who asked not to be named, said Haire came into the bar to start a fight with Brantley and was kicked out prior to the dispute outside.

In an earlier report filed with the Sheriff's Office, Brantley told deputies Haire threatened to beat him up at another island bar on March 17.

Assault allegations have previously been made against Haire to the Sheriff's Office, according to reports. The outcome of those cases was not immediately clear Thursday.

Haire, a Hilton Head High School graduate, began wrestling in WCW in 2000 and later for World Wrestling Entertainment after its owner, Vince McMahon, bought WCW from Turner Broadcasting in 2001.

He wrestled as Sean O'Haire and called his finishing move the "Seanton Bomb," a diving flip where his back struck a prone opponent on the mat.

He left wrestling in 2004 to focus on mixed martial arts fighting in Japan and recently had been training locally, according to a fan Web site.

Certainly not, I thought he was a youngster when he debuted in wCw. Back then, he looked about 25ish.

I've seen most of his mma fights from what I know of via youtube, and other media outlets. The few times he's won he looks like he could go places, but then the times he's lost...it's pretty much been in one-sided fights. Whatever success he had in kickboxing and toughman competitions just didn't seem to translate into mma.

I've seen most of his mma fights from what I know of via youtube, and other media outlets. The few times he's won he looks like he could go places, but then the times he's lost...it's pretty much been in one-sided fights. Whatever success he had in kickboxing and toughman competitions just didn't seem to translate into mma.

He got KO'd by Butterbean, he never had any potential.

Very sad. I was always a huge Sean O'Haire mark.

Apparently he's very out of shape now. When I first read the story 4 days ago, the following picture accompanied it:

ohaireff4.jpg

wow he let himself go

anyhow best wishes to sean

but Im not telling you anything that you don't already know

but Im not telling you anything that you don't already know

Ah, I was trying to remember what the tags to those promos were.

That's quite a punch.

Guest jonnymack

That sucks, I hope he is OK and can get on with his life. I knew him when he dated a friend of mine, seemed like a nice enough guy. Had a great look and I always enjoyed his finisher, especially for a man his size to pull off, but for whatever reason it never happened for him. Best wishes to him.

He didn't make it because he didn't introduce himself to The Undertaker during his first time in the WWF locker room, which was such a horrid thing to do, Droz had to tell everyone about it on WWF.Com. Duh.

Very sad. I was always a huge Sean O'Haire mark.

Apparently he's very out of shape now. When I first read the story 4 days ago, the following picture accompanied it:

ohaireff4.jpg

Jesus Christ, he looks like the mechanic who cares about nothing but going to get beer after work.

It's not the shape, as that's actually a pretty decent shape that could easily look good... maybe even great with a decent diet and cardio. It has more to do with the expression on his face, and the hair/facial hair. It looks like a bad bumbling sitcom father that would have a hot blonde wife, and nobody knows why they're together.

Guest brothergeo

I got no beef with the guy but boy there goes his "legit"tough guy cred behind the curtain. He got his tail handed to him by a couple of guys much smaller than him in MMA and apparently, regardless of the rep of the guy who clocked him, it happened again this time. Plus, well, if that pic is not a testimonial to the power of steroids, I don't know what is.

If the fight really did mess up his vision permanently he's out of MMA for sure but he'd already alluded to giving that up.