TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 4/12 Impact Thread

Okay I did enjoy Styles/Joe tonight. It was about as good as a Russo booked TV match with them is going to be. That said, is it just me or did TNA's intelligence level drop yet again with Jarrett coming back. Let us review what we're supposed to buy into with this 5th man angle:

--Cornette says whoever gets the pinfall gets a title shot at Christian. I don't really get this since it makes the match essentially a 9 on 1 match with even Christian's team against him. Almost reminds me of the inept WCW War Games in 1998 where the winner got a title shot.

--Angle seemingly couldn't find guys to join his team until the last minute. WTF? Keep in mind that a title shot is at stake in this match. Yet Angle couldn't find anybody willing to join until Jarrett accepted? Maybe he knew all along, but why keep his teammates in the dark about it when not knowing only hurts their ability to function as a unit?

--We're now supposed to just buy into Jarrett as a face. This has very little chance of working especially if they do the insanely predictable booking of having JJ win the match at Lockdown to become #1 contender. In fact that idea is so horrendous and bad not even Vince Russo could book it.

What if Christian gets the pinfall?

Battle royal on Impact to determine a contender? Ten Way Dance at Sacrifice?

On one of the TNA Today shows online this week, Borash said that if Christian gets the pin, he doesn't have to defend the title at Sacrifice.

Battle royal on Impact to determine a contender? Ten Way Dance at Sacrifice?

3 stages of hell: 1) reverse battle royal 2) normal battle royal 3) 6 sides of steel escape to declare the #1 contender! Which would be taped on one night but split up into 3 weeks of programming which will confuse the viewer. Throw in a few crazy shenanigans like Lance Hoyt working as every single gimmick Nash ever had in his career and somemore ye olde tymers playing dress up with the midcard.

Is that 3 stages of hell for the wrestlers or for the audience?

I too wondered about Christian getting the pin, but that kind of makes no sense given what they've built up.

Several days ago on "TNA Today" Borash explained the thing about what would happen if Christian scores the pin. He won`t have to defend the belt at Sacrifice.

Is that 3 stages of hell for the wrestlers or for the audience?

I too wondered about Christian getting the pin, but that kind of makes no sense given what they've built up.

Both but it would make for one great Clash of Champions 2 hour special.

Okay I did enjoy Styles/Joe tonight. It was about as good as a Russo booked TV match with them is going to be. That said, is it just me or did TNA's intelligence level drop yet again with Jarrett coming back. Let us review what we're supposed to buy into with this 5th man angle:

--Cornette says whoever gets the pinfall gets a title shot at Christian. I don't really get this since it makes the match essentially a 9 on 1 match with even Christian's team against him. Almost reminds me of the inept WCW War Games in 1998 where the winner got a title shot.

--Angle seemingly couldn't find guys to join his team until the last minute. WTF? Keep in mind that a title shot is at stake in this match. Yet Angle couldn't find anybody willing to join until Jarrett accepted? Maybe he knew all along, but why keep his teammates in the dark about it when not knowing only hurts their ability to function as a unit?

--We're now supposed to just buy into Jarrett as a face. This has very little chance of working especially if they do the insanely predictable booking of having JJ win the match at Lockdown to become #1 contender. In fact that idea is so horrendous and bad not even Vince Russo could book it.

Okay...for the 10th time...Russo is NOT BOOKING!

Okay...for the 10th time...Russo is NOT BOOKING!

While Mantel has been 'making the final calls' on TV lately, due to Jarrett's wife not doing so well, Russo IS booking, and prior to Jarrett's wife taking a turn for the worse, Russo was the major script writer for Impact. The story floating around that Russo was merely a consultant to Mantel was false. In fact, it became something of a joke backstage at TNA with Mantel ribbing Russo by referring to him simply as 'Consultant'.

Look, if Russo is employed by TNA he HAS to be booking. What the fuck else could he be doing? It's not like he's backstage entertaining the boys with stories from the road.

If TNA is saying Russo isn't booking then they are flat out lying. I know Russo booking when I see it, and TNA the past few months is the total Russo experience. Nevermind what the office is saying. What do your eyes and ears tell you?

My eyes and ears can't talk.

But seriously, I'm hoping they go the route of having someone from the heel side getting the victory by pinning Jarrett. That way some of the face guys can be on Angle's ass for bringing him in as the 5th guy. And if they don't want to go the heel vs. heel route, they could go the double pin route and have Joe and AJ both make pins (maybe on Christian and Jarrett respectively). Then they could do Xtian vs. Joe vs. AJ at Sacrifice. That could be fun.

Rando man, i can't look at your name without thinking:

"IT'S THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR CHEESEWEDGE!"

Then they could do Xtian vs. Joe vs. AJ at Sacrifice. That could be fun.

When was the last three-way title match in TNA where the challenger winning the title actually beat the old champion? Even when Christian won the three-way for the title in January, he pinned Sting to win the match and not Abyss.

While Mantel has been 'making the final calls' on TV lately, due to Jarrett's wife not doing so well, Russo IS booking, and prior to Jarrett's wife taking a turn for the worse, Russo was the major script writer for Impact. The story floating around that Russo was merely a consultant to Mantel was false. In fact, it became something of a joke backstage at TNA with Mantel ribbing Russo by referring to him simply as 'Consultant'.

Glad to know we have someone on the inside who sits in TNA booking meetings that can confirm this.

Glad to know we have someone on the inside who sits in TNA booking meetings that can confirm this.

You seem so sure that Russo isn't booking. Does that mean you're in on the booking meetings?

That news was taken from Meltzer, though you'll probably dismiss it because of that.

I know Russo booking when I see it, and TNA the past few months is the total Russo experience. Nevermind what the office is saying. What do your eyes and ears tell you?

If someone hasn't accepted that Russo has considerable influence on TNA booking by now, they never will.

Is it wrong that I would want AJ to pin Christian in said match?

I'm having flashbacks to Bash at the Beach '99 now.

Damn you.

Is it wrong that I was ever-so-slightly excited to see Jarrett? :bonk:

I hate to say it, but I loved that guitar shot. And Joe's look of utter disbelief afterward. I just wish that Jarrett wouldn't have had that weird "I just finished a really great joint" grin on his face the whole time.

From the clip on i saw on the website (i would have watched it last night, but Bravo 2 showed LAST WEEKS episode), the JJ appreance looked pretty solid, and everyone in the ring and out of it sold it brilliantly.

Is it wrong that I was ever-so-slightly excited to see Jarrett? :bonk:

Jarrett's fine on the mic and good in the ring. If he works as an upper midcard veteran face helping the young guys, a la Sting last spring but not as much in the spotlight, I'm fine with him being back.