TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

OAO TNA Lockdown 2007 Thread

It's not that I'm tally pro-TNA, I don't like eveything they do. There is a lot that I don't like that they do. I hate the fact that they have such gimmic heavy matches at all the PPV's. I took my name after one of favorite up and coming wrestlers' finishers. I've followed Petey's carrer for a while now.

I thought it had 3 good matches at best. Subpar means it doesn't live up to the standard of what it should be. Wrestlemania is supposed to be a great show from beginning to end, this year it wasn't. The MITB match was great and the two title matches were very entertaining. The Women's title match was shit, pure shit, and the rest of the card was below average. That's what subpar means, below average. Three great matches can't save a show that wasn't overall entertaining.

I watched the show last night and it was OK. Some of the matches were great (xscape, lethal lockdown) but (as we all know) some matches were complete duds (harris/storm, 3D/LAX).

Its been one of the better PPV's TNA's done in a while (which isn't saying much) but it wasn't the amazing PPV's they used to deliever.

But i thought it was better than WrestleMania. IMO.

I normally have been (or maybe used to be) one of the more staunch TNA fans around this place, and with that said, the show was alright, but better than Mania? Cmon - Mania had three, if not four, VERY solid matches above or at *** 1/2 (MITB, both world title matches, and Benoit/MVP was also solid) and dare I say MITB and Cena/HBK were both solid **** matches. Lockdown has NOTHING to this level of ****....their strongest bout I had at *** 1/2 with the Lethal Lockdown match. There was two clear DUDS in the blindfold match and the cage match- even worse than Kane/Khali and the women's match at Mania if you ask me as at least we didnt have to sit through endless minutes of mind-numbing "action" in the Lockdown matches in question (my god, the Duds-LAX context of the match itself wasn't that good at all even taking the cage crap out of the equation - those two teams just dont click), whereas the Mania matches that we all knew were going to suck were kept VERY short. The rest of the card varied from ** to *** matches overall. Just my two cents.

I will say this much, the women's match on Lockdown was head and shoulders better than the women's match at Mania, though.

I will say this much, the women's match on Lockdown was head and shoulders better than the women's match at Mania, though.

I think Kim and Moore would have to have had their worst days possible to have a match as bad as Ashley and Melina.

That 'review' was hard to take seriously.

I think Kim and Moore would have to have had their worst days possible to have a match as bad as Ashley and Melina.

True and true.

Are you refering to mine?

Out of the 4 matches that you listed from mania, id have said that 3 of them were solid matches (MiTB, World title and MVP/Benoit), but i cant see why everyone is wanking over the Cena/Michaels match, sure the last 5-7 minutes were great, but the rest of the match was very sub par.

Now im not saying that every match on the lockdown card was better than that match because its not true. Christ the blindfold match and the 3D/LAX matches were fucking lame and boring. But the lethal lockdown and the xcsape macth were very good. And i thought the womens match was solid (desipte the nearly botched ending) and even the Petey/Roode match was fairly solid.

The only match to truely dissapoint me from the PPV was Lynn/Daniels match, it wasn't a bad match, but it seemed like it could have been better.

Perhaps to say it was better than Mania was a bit strong, but i wasn't impressed with Mania OVERALL as a PPV. All of the matches (bar the 3 stated previously) were average matches.

Before HTQ jumps on my back AGAIN (cause he cant be wrong) I'm not defending TNA and saying their a great company with great booking. But if you took out the Blindfold match and the electric cage gimmick, the PPV was pretty damn good.

Out of the 4 matches that you listed from mania, id have said that 3 of them were solid matches (MiTB, World title and MVP/Benoit), but i cant see why everyone is wanking over the Cena/Michaels match, sure the last 5-7 minutes were great, but the rest of the match was very sub par.

Now im not saying that every match on the lockdown card was better than that match because its not true. Christ the blindfold match and the 3D/LAX matches were fucking lame and boring. But the lethal lockdown and the xcsape macth were very good. And i thought the womens match was solid (desipte the nearly botched ending) and even the Petey/Roode match was fairly solid.

The only match to truely dissapoint me from the PPV was Lynn/Daniels match, it wasn't a bad match, but it seemed like it could have been better.

Perhaps to say it was better than Mania was a bit strong, but i wasn't impressed with Mania OVERALL as a PPV. All of the matches (bar the 3 stated previously) were average matches.

Before HTQ jumps on my back AGAIN (cause he cant be wrong) I'm not defending TNA and saying their a great company with great booking. But if you took out the Blindfold match and the electric cage gimmick, the PPV was pretty damn good.

I know my review might have been a little TNA biased, but I really enjoyed the LAX-3-D match, minus the electrified part. Homicide and Hernandez are great workers (Hernandez works his ass off at every PPV).

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one to think that 'Mania wasn't all that it could have been. Seeing that it was 'Mania it SHOULD have been better. It shouldn't have the filler crap known as Khali vs Kane and Ashley vs Melina. That PPV SHOULD be about the best card possible, and that's not what we got.

I know my review might have been a little TNA biased, but I really enjoyed the LAX-3-D match, minus the electrified part. Homicide and Hernandez are great workers (Hernandez works his ass off at every PPV).

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one to think that 'Mania wasn't all that it could have been. Seeing that it was 'Mania it SHOULD have been better. It shouldn't have the filler crap known as Khali vs Kane and Ashley vs Melina. That PPV SHOULD be about the best card possible, and that's not what we got.

You're bitching about 10-15 minutes tops of a four hour show that was otherwise quite acceptable fare. Meanwhile the cage match and blindfold match took up a solid 25-30 minutes of a three hour show. Just sayin.....

As I stated, I didn't think the electrified cage match was as bad as people are making it out to be. The gimmic was shit since it wasn't handled properly, but the match itself I thought was good otherwise.

Yeah I agree that the electrified cage match was actually a solid match if not for the idiotic gimmick, but it did have the idiotic gimmick.

Comparing that PPV to WM is laughable though. It really is. This isn't like 1999 where I actually did think the ECW PPV the week before WM was better than WM ended up being. But now? I don't see WWE doing stuff anywhere near as horrid as that blindfold match or a gimmick as foolish as an electrified cage. It seems like TNA does something on every PPV that is just idiotic and hurts their credibility. Not to mention it detracts from the actual good action on the show.

I'm going to the TNA house show tomorrow by the way. It'll be nice to see these guys simply go out and wrestle without idiotic overbooking or moronic gimmick stips.