TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Ok, I'll admit it.

I. Was. Wrong. About. Ledger.

Man this film is going to be awesome.

I just noticed something: Ledger's Joker laugh is somewhat similar to Mark Hamill's Joker laugh.

Also

Photo_121307_002.jpg

I loved the part where Joker said he liked how Rachel fought back and Batman said "then you're going to love me." If you heard that line from Clooney or Kilmer you would probably roll your eyes, but the way Bale said it was just so...cool.

That's actually slightly better quality than the one I got off Sendspace.

I like how he sounds kind of like Hamill's Joker, but not entirely. He obviously used Hamill as some form of reference, but he's given the Joker his own spin.

He has it *DOWN* in that trailer.

That trailer looked great. I know part III is supposed to have Two-Face at the lead villain but hopefully Joker will have a part in it as well. End part II with a cliffhanger, like Rachel dying at Joker's hands or something like that.

Oh, and that poster of Joker painting a smile from the blood on his knife, awesome.

The prologue was great, though i wish it wasn't so clipped image wise, was hard to tell what was going on. The Joker is great, even with the dopey way they handled his smile. I'm really excited... though everything's been so joker-dominated that I want to see more about what Batman is gonna be going through. the trailer seemed like it might be implying some kinda crisis of bat-faith by bruce wayne? like he doesn't know what to do feels lost, etc. i wonder if he quits and thats why gordon smashes the bat signal? there was some batman comic story once where batman disappeared and gordon became very bitter towards him, no man's land i think.

DAMN, that looks fuckin awesome.

If someone told me 10 years ago that the Australian guy from 10 Things I Hate About You was going to play Joker, AND be good at it, I wouldn't have believed you.

The prologue was great, though i wish it wasn't so clipped image wise, was hard to tell what was going on. The Joker is great, even with the dopey way they handled his smile. I'm really excited... though everything's been so joker-dominated that I want to see more about what Batman is gonna be going through. the trailer seemed like it might be implying some kinda crisis of bat-faith by bruce wayne? like he doesn't know what to do feels lost, etc. i wonder if he quits and thats why gordon smashes the bat signal? there was some batman comic story once where batman disappeared and gordon became very bitter towards him, no man's land i think.

Gordon smashing the bat signal and Joker saying "To them you're just a freak like me", makes me think that the people will turn against batman. The whole classic everyone hates spiderman story.

I watched the bootleg-quality version of the trailer several times this weekend. Seeing it on the official site was like seeing a completely different thing. And natch, it made it that much better looking. Makes me think I'll appreciate the prologue even more should I see it in IMAX.

Yeah a lot of shots are WAY better in the official version. Like the "like me!!" shot turns out is actually a badass shot of Joker alone in the street. the first real shot of Joker's face (evening commisioner!) is much cooler and creepier and less dopey than it seemed in the bootleg. Maggie Gyllenhaal is also a huge improvement i think, even in tiny short clips of her I buy her way more than crooked smile katie holmes.

The HD versions are definately worth downloading.