TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

It took me 3 sittings to watch Batman Begins all the way through. The first time, i was doing stuff around the house while it was on the tube, the second time I was just too tired and turned it off half way through, finally got around to watching it all the 3rd time. It was alright, not my favorite comic book flick. I'll take Batman 89, simply because it moves at a faster pace.

He's good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's beyond awesome. Batman Returns was the best of the old franchise, IMO. The wretched Prince soundtrack ruins the first in the series for me.

What bothered me about Batman Returns is when he revealed his SECRET IDENTITY at the end of the movie! Way to use the detective skills Bats.

batpod.jpg

The bike by itself is pretty neat, but this picture makes it look like a toilet on wheels or Batman riding a big wheel I can't decide.

Oh and Anthony Michael Hall is going to be Edward Nygma...Ladies and gentlemen I give you Batman Forever 2010

People had quite negative reactions to the Batmobile as well. The Bat Pod looks a bit questionable, but I'll hold off judgement for now.

I do, too. To me, it looks like it's supposed to be a part of the Batmobile. From that standpoint, I can understand why it's so bare; because it has to fit into that vehicle. I'm not huge

And introducing Edward Nygma is an interesting idea, but I'm worried about it. I have to wonder where he appears, because I'm really not sure how you can fit him in here. I mean, Harvey Dent's appearance is great because the original D.A. was killed in BB, so Dent naturally comes in as a replacement.

Meh, I'm probably overthinking it. I'm sure this movie is going to rock.

Anthony Michael Hall as The Riddler?

I can totally see that. He's not as good as I felt Crispin Glover would be but I trust Nolan and I really love the work of Hall on "The Dead Zone".

I can see him with a guy with a deep dark intelligence who is interested in battling his foe with a test of wits.

There not using two villians in this movie are they? I really hate when movies do that.

Just to say something: The Nygma thing is far from confirmed, and I can only find it here. That isn't to say it isn't true, but let's not call it early.

Perhaps a more interesting thing to note is that Jason Bard, Batman's new "Day-time Detective" will be in the movie if this rumor turns out to be true. But now I'm pretty skeptical considering the source.

remember that these are just suppose to be what Batman had early on at his disposal and I imagine both vehicles will evolve over time into what we know them to naturally be.

remember that these are just suppose to be what Batman had early on at his disposal and I imagine both vehicles will evolve over time into what we know them to naturally be.

That's a good point. We haven't even seen the entirety of Batman's first year, so perhaps we are being a little quick to judge.

I think the saddest thing about these Batman movies is that we'll probably never seen a 'Robin' in them. :(

I still wonder if recycling the same villains is a good idea. After Batman Forever was anyone dying to see Two Face or The Riddler again? Okay maybe Two Face since he was done so horribly the first time, but not so much Riddler. And The Joker was maybe the one villain they did right to begin with, along with maybe Catwoman to some extent.

Batman Returns is obviously better made than either Schumacher movie, but I can certainly watch either of those cheesefests over it. It's far too drab and bizarre. Batman is a dark comic, but it's not the sort of ultra bleak and bizarre nightmare world of Tim Burton. Nolan hit it the best in terms of tone, fairly realistic with crime bosses and crazy villains, but nothing really retarded like an army of penguins descending on downtown Gotham.

Say what you want about Batman and Robin and how weak it is, but there's nothing as stupid as the army of penguins with bombs in that movie.

I could see how it could be a detachable section of the Batmobile - maybe when things get a little tense and he needs to cruise down some alleys to make a quick getaway or something along those lines, but I can hardly see him being like, "Yeah, I'm gonna take the bat pod."

That's what they're referring to it as, the Bat Pod, so that would kind of confirm the detachable aspect of it.

As far as the two villains are concerned, Scarecrow escaped in Batman Begins, and in the animated series (and the comics), I don't seem to recall any of them getting killed off as the original Batman movies liked to do.

speaking of the villians in the original movies I think my biggest beef was the teasing at the end of #2 with Catwoman. You show her there as a way of saying "She survived and can be an aspect in future films" and then they never make mention of her again. I know Michelle Pfeifer wasn't going to take on the role again but if you're willing to recast Batman over and over then recasting Catwoman shouldn't matter.

She did resurface again. It was called Catwoman (2005) and it stared Halle Berry. And (from all accounts - I've never seen the film) it's fucking awful.

I still wonder if recycling the same villains is a good idea. After Batman Forever was anyone dying to see Two Face or The Riddler again? Okay maybe Two Face since he was done so horribly the first time, but not so much Riddler. And The Joker was maybe the one villain they did right to begin with, along with maybe Catwoman to some extent.

Abso-fucking-lutely I want to see Riddler again. Read the comics or watch his (admittedly few) episodes on Batman: The Animated Series. The Riddler is a great character. Just Schumacher did him wrong doesn't mean that he's a bad character. I'd argue that he's a fantastic, fantastic villain if used correctly, and I really trust Nolan and Goyer to use him correctly. Same with Mr. Freeze: Just watch the Animated Series to see how great he can be (I believe that episode won an Emmy, didn't it?).

I've never seen that film, but I thought it was supposed to be a different character and not Selina Kyle.

Oh right. My mistake.

Regarding Anthony Michael Hall, have any of you guys ever heard of Batman-on-Film.com or do you just go around believing every unsustainable piece of speculation that comes out? The guy who runs it is very serious about it and will only post news if it's, well, true or looks to be true. I hate to come off as a dick or something, but every time I read this thread everyone just seems misled. No one save for Nolan and co. knows who Hall is playing. In fact, there's a long list of characters he could be playing, of which Edward Nygma is one. So is Harvey Dent's assistant from The Long Halloween. So is a Batman wannabe. But I guess if you want to start hating a movie a year before it comes out, you might as well start believing whatever you want.

Say what you want about Batman and Robin and how weak it is, but there's nothing as stupid as the army of penguins with bombs in that movie.

I was more perplexed by the giant yellow duck, how did that thing came down in the sewers ? I used to have some Batman Returns toys when it came out and I had a set of two penguins with missles....I always thought that they had some sorts of helmets that controlled their brains or something like this. Personnally, the stupidest thing in a Batman movie was at the beginning of Batman & Robin, where Arnold conducts his choir of goons into signing an ice-cream jingle (I could be wrong since it's been a while since I last saw the movie).....don't they have anything better to do ?

The old Batman movie from the sixties doesn't count since that thing is pure comedic genius.

Batman: [reading a riddle] What has yellow skin and writes?

Robin: A ball-point banana!

Batman: [reads the second riddle] What people are always in a hurry?

Robin: Rushing people... Russians!

Batman: So this means...

Robin: Someone Russian is going to slip on a banana and break their neck!

Batman: Precisely, Robin!