TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EL BRUJ0

Incandenza's Movies - DVDs - Television Thread

ESotSM was pretty good, but avoid Science of Sleep like the plague.

Incandenza has expressed his enjoyment in the past for twee, cutsey, "indie" film crap like Garden State and Me & You & Everyone We Know, on second though, so he might want to check it out.

Speaking of indie movie crap, I hate that Wes Anderson, however indirectly, has popularized this largely horrible "indie" aesthetic that can now be found in major studio films. Little Miss Sunshine was garbage, folks.

Guest Richard McBeef
Speaking of indie movie crap, I hate that Wes Anderson, however indirectly, has popularized this largely horrible "indie" aesthetic that can now be found in major studio films. Little Miss Sunshine was garbage, folks.

It had its moments, but a lot of the quirkiness felt contrived.

My five favorite movies:

1. Brazil

2. Stranger Than Paradise

3. GoodFellas

4. A Clockwork Orange

5. The Tin Drum

1. Buffalo '66

2. Eraserhead

3. 8 1/2

4. The Trial (Orson Welles)

5. Morvern Callar

You lucky bastard. I have to settle for my crappy burn of my school library's copy.

Try a Borders if you have one nearby, that's where I found it. I think the company is Alpha Video. The quality isn't fantastic by any means, but it works.

Mole never posts with us anymore.

It's a shame.

I'll say something stupid and get myself into trouble. So I don't post in here anymore, I just read.

Coat, did you like The Brown Bunny? I thought the motel scene at the end was excellent (and not because of the bj, har har), but the lead up was boring.

Yeah, that scene was really great, and I would argue that the almost frustrating lack of activity leading up to it just made the ending of the movie that much more emotionally devastating.

I liked the whole thing a lot, although the "boring" accusation is certainly not without merit. Like I said when we were discussing Dead Man (or maybe I didn't say it, but meant to, I'm sure as hell not gonna go look), the two films are for very specific tastes. The Stars Of The Lids of movies, if you will.

Some of his encounters with women throughout the film (mainly the one in the drug store and the one at the highway rest area) were effective, too, but jesus fucking christ you had to put up with so many endless fucking driving scenes. Completely wrecked the momentum for me. I chalk up the whole thing as an admirable failure.

Isn't saying stupid things the norm around here?

I've built a six-year posting career solely out of doing just that.