TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JPopStarKami

oAo ECW Thread for 4/24/07 (Non-spoiler)

ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley wasn’t in action last week, but he made his presence felt. He introduced new Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella, whom he helped to defeat Umaga for the gold the night before on Raw.

This week on ECW on Sci Fi, Lashley will take on Umaga just days before he defends his championship against the Samoan Bulldozer, Mr. McMahon, and Shane McMahon in a 3-on-1 Handicap Match at Backlash. He will battle the savage the day after he and Shane McMahon sent him a message by beating a local British grappler named Robbie Brookside on Raw last night and allowing Mr. McMahon to make the pin.

Is Lashley making a mistake taking on Umaga less than a week before his title defense? And how will the maniacal Chairman's henchman try to soften the ECW World Champion before Backlash? Find out on ECW on Sci Fi.

The last ECW on Sci Fi should have been a night of celebration for the New Breed, but things didn't go very well for the young upstarts. CM Punk's first official night as a member of the New Breed was a bust as his attempt to help Elijah Burke cost him victory in his match against Rob Van Dam.

Meanwhile, in another prominent instance of the New Breed losing at its own game, Tommy Dreamer used the rope for support when he rolled up Kevin Thorn for a victory with Sandman in tag team action against the fanged freak and Marcus Cor Von. This week on ECW on Sci Fi, the New Breed will have a chance to avenge their losses when they, along with Punk, take on the Originals in an Eight-Man Elimination Match. What New Breed combination will take on RVD, Sandman, Dreamer & Sabu? And will CM Punk help lead his new teammates to victory, or will he bring them their third straightedge loss?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi on Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

CM Punk rules.

Also, with Lashley doing the rounds on every single show...it's sad that he, as the Champ, has to curtain jerk against Umaga. Aren't they pushing these two?

I mean, they could have at least done this as a lead-in to the 8 Man, if they wanted that to be the main. Snitsky could have opened. I'd think of anything else that could go first, but outside of Snitsky, NB/Originals, and Vince/Lashley...there's no damn storylines.

CM Punk rules.

Also, with Lashley doing the rounds on every single show...it's sad that he, as the Champ, has to curtain jerk against Umaga. Aren't they pushing these two?

I mean, they could have at least done this as a lead-in to the 8 Man, if they wanted that to be the main. Snitsky could have opened.

They were concerned Umaga and Lashley would duplicate last night's match.

Hey, people didn't think Joe could go broadway at one point. Obviously that isn't the case. I'd love to see Umaga work a long match. Lashley? Not a chance.

I have to say that Sabu took that Pounce well. Made it look dangerous.

Did he ever take the Pounce when both of them were in TNA?

I think the fact that it's only a 4-sided ring makes it look worse. Sabu doesn't have anywhere to land and he takes it like Austin took Rock's car at SurSer99

Oh lord, this stuff is just classic right now. I was dubious when I read that Punk just flat out attacked Burke the way he did, but the way it played out was hysterical. I especially enjoyed Punk's sarcastic "I'm sorry" after he did it. But some were worried that he just attacked Elijah and quit the group, which certainly wasn't the case. And yet it wasn't the entire faction beating up Burke and tossing him a la Orton with Evolution. But how exactly can Punk explain his actions to the rest of them?

The amusing byproduct of this is that since Punk joined the New Breed they have yet to win a match.

Seriously, I have never seen an angle that sucked so hard when it first started that got compelling so quickly. Dare I say ECW might be the best week to week wrestling show at this point?

It's the best angle right now but SD still had the overall edge thanks to a wider show and more stuff but nothing matches the stuff we're getting from Originals/New Breed.

It's really just the Punk-Burke show with some credit to RVD. In fact, since Whitmer-Jacobs was blown off...this might be the best angle in wrestling right now.

Well, I suppose overall SD has a bit more going on but it mostly is categorized as "watchable" but usually never rises to the level of outright compelling. Can we agree that Raw is by far the weakest show right now?

Well, I suppose overall SD has a bit more going on but it mostly is categorized as "watchable" but usually never rises to the level of outright compelling. Can we agree that Raw is by far the weakest show right now?

I say TNA is a drop below Raw actually but the gap between Raw aside from occasional gems like last night's main event and the occasional Edge awesomeness and the other two WWE brand shows is wide.

I have to say that Sabu took that Pounce well. Made it look dangerous.

Did he ever take the Pounce when both of them were in TNA?

He took it a few weeks ago on ECW and it looked killer.

I don't know how to even rate TNA as a TV show. It doesn't properly convey the level of talent they have, that's for sure. It goes by way too fast and is foolish, but it's not really as ponderous as a lot of Raw shows. What I don't get about Raw is how the supposed #1 wrestling show/brand can have such a lackluster roster. Raw is a 2 hour show with a mostly unover or bad roster. TNA is a show with a massive roster and only 1 hour, but I can't say I'm usually bored while watching it.

I wouldn't even count TNA if you want to compare the WWE shows.

Some things about the show.

-I understand why Lashley vs Umaga was first. The damn angle is being covered on all 3 shows, espically on Raw, which is a lot of coverage. The ECW show really needs to focus on putting over other angles/wrestlers. The Lashley vs Umaga/McMahons were was still covered and it was gotten out of the way nice and early so the New Breed vs Originals angle can get a lot more coverage and be put over.

-Ok, either Snitsky needs to be moved to either Smackdown or Raw or they need to figure out something to do with him. This whole Snitsky comes out, squashes someone, then goes back to the locker room is getting old. They REALLY need to do something with Snitsky or get rid of the guy and find him a new gimmick, and what the fuck was up with his teeth? I undrstand he's in London but damn.

-Main event: The main event was fun to watch. So I'm assuming WWE is going to go ahead and let Cor Von use the pounce, which is cool but they should have let him do it as a finisher when they first started using him, and the Sabu selling of the pounce into the ropes was great. I love great sells like that. I'm intrested in seeing where they go with Burke and Punk now and I'm also curious on where the New Breed vs Originals will go to now. I'm just hoping for Burke vs Punk next week and it goes for at least 12 minutes.