TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Backlash 2007 thread.

Whatever. Although I like the possiblities of McMahon getting his ass handed to him by the Originals, they could have given the title to Umaga, and build his character back up to being an unstopable monster. They could have made a angle out of it as well, Umaga is already the IC champion, add in the ECW title, make him the title hunter.

My views

Hardy's - Rednecks was a fairly solid match, but there was nothing special to make it memorable.

Melina - Mickie was again solid, and I liked the splits spot and lack of hair pulling / rolling about slapping each other you find in most matches. I wanted to see a title change though.

MVP - Benoit was obviously the best technical match of the night, but I prefered the chain wrestling in WM 23. Didn't expect Benoit to still be champ though.

Lashley - McMahons + Umaga was shit. Shane didn't bust out any crazy shit, and Umaga had a poor night by my standards. I could have coped with a Shane win, but putting the belt of Vince just pissed me off. With RVD probably leaving now, and Sabu + Sandman likely to go with him, they should have just slapped the shit out of him in that promo, it would have added to their worth in TNA rather than looking like dopes (If any of you see this promo again, look in Sabu's eyes. I reckon's there's real disgust there).

Overall I preferred the UT-Batista match to the 4-way, although the pyrotechnical finish made me groan. Though a draw was a good ending I thought. I think that Taker is looking in the best shape of his career right now, his chest is really defined, and with age slowly catching up on his skin it adds a really cool gristled veteran look.

Main event was well carried out. I'm not a fan of the finish personally, maybe would have liked to see HBK superkick Orton with Edge incapcitated, then have Cena bundle HBK over the top rope before collapsing on Orton. The finish they used made it look like HBK got screwed, but mine would have been more like a draw, making it 1-1-1 for the Cena vs. Michaels series. Oh and Edge is starting to look pretty flabby now, maybe he should inspect the insides of a gym again.

Overall a good PPV, but nothing really special to make it excellent. Probably 6/10, would have been 7 but the Mcmahon shit left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Umaga is already the IC champion

Uh.....no

Ah yeah, that's right. I forgot about the "fan" winning. Shitty booking usually escapes my mind.

Did anyone find it funny that Joey Styles said Umaga only has 2 losses in the WWE, to Santino and Lashley, completely forget his feud with John Cena.

Don't worry, WWE forgot about it also.

Have they even mentioned the IC title at all since 'the fan' won the belt? That angle went nowhere, fast.

They did give him a promo the next night and of course he got boo'd for not being authentic Italian.

Don't worry, WWE forgot about it also.

Have they even mentioned the IC title at all since 'the fan' won the belt? That angle went nowhere, fast.

They could have something "planned" for Raw but because the HBK vs Cena match went an hour, it could have been "scrapped" because of it.