TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now"

Oh man this song rules. I have listened to it countless times in the past three days. The Celine Dion version, Meat Loaf's duet on it with sexy-ass Marion Raven, and the original version by Pandora's Box which no one has ever heard. I think I'm singing this at karaoke tomorrow.

This song is awesome and if you disagree, well, you're wrong. This is non-negotiable.

Well I could go fishing through your posts to find out where exactly your tastes lie (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT INCANDENZA AND I POST JUST LIKE HIM, RIGHT SLAYER?) or I could just stereotype all indie rock fans as liking the exact same acts. Which is easier?

Sorry Inc, nobody disses a Steinman song in the Sensei's Real Talk Zone and walks away unscathed.

Sorry it doesn't compare to Sufjan Stevens' next 45 state-themed albums, Inc. Jim Steinman is the king.

By the way, this post was meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than any I AM GETTING INDIGNANT OVER YOUR MUSICAL TASTES statement that you might typically find from the more knowledgeable posters around here.

I remember the first time I saw the video for this song. I had heard it on the radio a couple of times and secretly liked it though I never would have admitted it at the tender age of 11. So I saw the video come on MTV and my brother was in the room and I was just kind of trying to put up an "I don't like this" front and then I was all HOLY SHIT A DUDE JUST CRASHED HIS MOTORCYCLE INTO A TREE AND IT BLEW UP THIS RULES. I mean, I was 11, I was real into that kind of stuff.

Despite this I still wouldn't consider myself a Celine fan. I mean, come on. But Meat Loaf, I love that dude. He totally rules this song hard.

And check out his duet partner.

marion_raven_jump.jpg

YO WHAT UP MARION RAVEN. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY

Man, one day I will start a Jim Steinman thread where we can discuss all his works. Just wait!

Guest Richard McBeef

I remember liking the Celine Dion version when I was in 4th grade. That was my Kotzenjunge music phase. That's Jim Steinman? He also wrote "Total Eclipse of the Heart," the remake of which I loved.

My favorite of Steinman composition is sort of second tier Steinman- "Making Love Out Of Nothing At All" By Air Supply

I just love it when he sings "I can make all the stadiums rock." because it's the most inaccurate line in any song ever. When has Air Supply ever made a stadium rock?

Guest Richard McBeef

"Ravishing" by Bonnie Tyler is pretty impressive.

I remember liking the Celine Dion version when I was in 4th grade. That was my Kotzenjunge music phase.

You're okay, Kreese. I had a similar few days a couple of years ago during which I was oddly fixated on the Ricky Martin epic "She's All I Ever Had."

i'm checking out the video for "making love out of nothing at all." this is great.

i cannot believe air supply had this many hits.

UPDATE: and i just watched the video for "the one that you love," to much the same effect. the highness that what's-his-name gets on the key change in that song is insane.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Last time I sang Karaoke (which is an activity that takes a great deal of coersion) I sang Junior Brown's "Highway Patrol." and "Believe" by Cher, in the same voice. (Bassy country, not my Cher impression)

I do admit to somewhat liking Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" back in the day, although I haven't listened to that song in ages until I heard the Meatloaf version. I didn't even know there was another version previous to Dion's one, either.

My favorite Jim Steinman songs have to be Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (was there also another version of this?), Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing At All" (yes, I do like that song), and Meatloaf's version of "Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through" (I believe Jim Steinman previously recorded it for his solo album) from Bat Out Of Hell II. That Steinman dude sure likes to recycle his songs.

You're damn right he does. Six of the songs on Bat 2 were recycled from other things he had done. But he's such a great man I can forgive it.

i just found out that he also did "read 'em and weep", which is one of my 3 or 4 all-time favorite barry manilow songs.

and when i heard it, i immediately thought "why isn't this a meat loaf song, it sounds exactly like him." and it became an ongoing joke between me and my girlfriend, the meat loaf song that happened to be sung by barry manilow. it all makes sense now.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh great, I thought I was the only person on this board that likes Meat Loaf. Both the food and the singer.