TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Isiah Washing officially let go from Greys Anatomy

from imdb.com

Isaiah Washington is "mad as hell" after learning he was fired from hit U.S. medical drama Grey's Anatomy. The troubled actor's future on the show has been in doubt ever since he made a homophobic remark about castmate T.R. Knight last October - a comment he repeated at the Golden Globe Awards earlier this year. And at the end of season three his character, Dr. Preston Burke, was seen packing his bags on the cliffhanger finale. Washington's spokesperson Howard Bragman confirmed his client had received a call from the show's creator Shonda Rimes informing the actor that he was "not invited back to the show next season", and the 43-year-old star today released a statement addressing the situation. In the statement, he simply says, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore."

saw it coming, although I think it's a little much

They kept him on for ratings...that's the only reason they kept him this long. Otherwise, they'd have canned his ass within 30 minutes or 3 GLAAD demonstrations (whichever came first).

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore."

How's he not gonna take it anymore when he's the one who got fired.

By showing up on the set and acting like nothing happened, that's how. That'll teach 'em.

they should have gotten rid of grey. she is the worst actress on the show.

I don't know about that, but Meredith is truly the most annoying character on the show. Bloody shame she's the "lead".