TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Whip

Guest SLT

1. Whip

827 up, 91 down

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

The new show "Unique Whips" on SpikeTV is obviously going to suck.

by dieselaj Feb 4, 2005 email it

I'm not black (half dominican, half venezuelan), but thanks. Learn something new every day.

My mistake. And I wasn't saying that in a negative context, either. I was simply saying that the term originated in African American urban culture.

I'm not black (half dominican, half venezuelan), but thanks. Learn something new every day.

My mistake. And I wasn't saying that in a negative context, either. I was simply saying that the term originated in African American urban culture.

It's cool, I know what you meant. I could pass for a black guy anyway.

Guest Vitamin X

Your ethnicity/nationality is hispanic, but your race is black, same as I'm white but I'm Cuban.

Oh it means car.

So that's what Ghost Riding Tha Whip means.

Everydays a school day on TSM.

Guest George's Box
Every day is a school day at TSM. Two words, and no contraction with the verb. "Everyday" is an adjective meaning mundane or run-of-the-mill, at least in American English. I always assumed Morrissey's "Everyday Is Like Sunday" was [sic] because it was a play on words, or that Moz has a tendency for making lots of spelling boners, like "Unloveable" or "Cemetry Gates."

Every day is a school day at TSM. Two words, and no contraction with the verb. "Everyday" is an adjective meaning mundane or run-of-the-mill, at least in American English. I always assumed Morrissey's "Everyday Is Like Sunday" was [sic] because it was a play on words, or that Moz has a tendency for making lots of spelling boners, like "Unloveable" or "Cemetry Gates."

Even though it is not the correct spelling, people from the UK and Australia tend to pronounce cemetery the way Morrissey spelled it, so I can kind of understand that.

I thought everyday is sunday on TSM.

This is one of those posts people reference when they talk about how far Czech has fallen.

Guest George's Box

And oh, do they reference it. I need some Judd Apatow and The Wire shit in my av/subtitle/sig to win back the masses, unless this realization is just digging me deeper.

Guest Vitamin X

This is one of those posts people reference when they talk about how far Czech has fallen.

People talk about that?

Ghostride The Whip:

1153688634_Hogg1.jpg

Easily the best thing black people have invented. Seriously.

Basically, you roll down the windows on your ride and pump the shit real loud, and then you put the car on cruise control or neutral and you dance next to your car as it goes down the road, or you just relax on the windshield.

Ya, amirite?

Naw, dude. The best thing black people have invented is peanut butter.

Jazz music.