TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 6.19

I like Dreamer and all, but he's pretty useless in the ring at this point.

He'd be fine if they gave him a BJ Whitmer type role, which Ironically is a Tommy Dreamer in the original ECW role.

Throw up the X ref,tommy got 'real' hurt

They've done that before to try to look "shoot"ish. But with the odd finish, Tommy may have taken the early pin b/c he was, in fact, legit hurt (assuming the new reffing policy is in effect).

He'd be fine if they gave him a BJ Whitmer type role, which Ironically is a Tommy Dreamer in the original ECW role.

No. Dreamer's fine for the occasional garbage match and the rare spirited promo but in a straight match especially with no heat offers nothing. He won't appeal to the crowd like he once did.

"if they gave him a BJ Whitmer type role"

That would require:

A) Dreamer to be able to bump hard.

B) Dreamer to be in good cardiovascular shape.

C) Dreamer to have a great look

and

D) Dreamer to be a fresh face who we get behind and realize has a big future within the company.

No. Dreamer's fine for the occasional garbage match and the rare spirited promo but in a straight match especially with no heat offers nothing. He won't appeal to the crowd like he once did.

He should go back to eating anything :o

Throw up the X ref,tommy got 'real' hurt

They've done that before to try to look "shoot"ish. But with the odd finish, Tommy may have taken the early pin b/c he was, in fact, legit hurt (assuming the new reffing policy is in effect).

Is there a new sign for when they're legit hurt?

Ya know, I can't really think of anyone on the current active roster that could be the BJ Whitmer/Tommy Dreamer of old for WWE. It's hard for most of these guys to come off as the everyday fighter with the ability to win over a crowd on bumps and grit alone.

Well thats about the same thing Whitme does, Dreamer is the prototype for the Whitmer gimmick. So just let Tommy go out there, brawl around the crowd, bump like a champ, then eventually get killed by ___________. Tommy can work that type a gimmick 7 minutes a week, and save all the big bumps for 1 10 mibnute ppv match, throw in a "spirited promo" in between, and boom you have a good midcarder.

i caught some of O&A this morning, and it's just funny listening to them talk about McMahon being dead and the media giving them their privacy.

I love O&A's take on this. Good thing FIC is on the case.

Well thats about the same thing Whitme does, Dreamer is the prototype for the Whitmer gimmick. So just let Tommy go out there, brawl around the crowd, bump like a champ, then eventually get killed by ___________. Tommy can work that type a gimmick 7 minutes a week, and save all the big bumps for 10 minute ppv match, throw in a "spirited promo" in between, and boom you have a good midcarder.

610 WIP took hours of calls about Mr. McMahon this morning, one of the nation's top sports radio stations. Any pro wrestling talk is usually cut off immediately on that station, way taboo.

Curious as to which direction that converstation took. Were they joking around, codemning wrestling, or playing along with some marks?