TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

TNA Impact Spoilers for the next two weeks 6/22/07

From PWINSIDER.COM

Impact 6/21/07

*Jim Cornette came to the ring and announced that there is no rest for the weary after Slammiversary as they are on the way to Victory Road. Cornette introduces all four TNA champion wrestlers and brings them up to the ring. He announces "The Match of Champions" will headline Victory Road with TNA champion Kurt Angle & X-Division champion Jay Lethal vs. TNA Tag Team champions Team 3D with all the titles on the line and the person getting the win capturing the championship of the person he defeats. If Team 3D is defeated, the person who pins them gets to pick his partner. Cornette then announced that over the next three weeks, all of the titles will be defended so if they are lost, the new champion would enter the match. Kurt Angle gets on the mic and asks where his celebration for winning the World title is. He begins giving an acceptance speech as champion. Cornette tells Angle that there is no celebration because he has to compete in the ring. He says that the hardest thing isn't getting the belt, but retaining it. Cornette announces Lethal vs. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin later tonight. Joe comes out on one of the stages.

*James Storm & Robert Roode defeated Eric Young & Rhino after Storm pinned Rhino following Jackie Moore's interference. After the match, Rhino throws a beer bottle left in the ring at Storm, who is leaving. He shoves Young down and throws a tantrum, throwing chairs in the ring and attacking the announce table physically.

*A throne was set up by the heel entranceway, but whatever the purpose of it was, was not explained to the live crowd in Orlando.

*Chris Harris pinned Raven. Kaz was not with the rest of Serotonin when they came to the ring with Raven. When Havoc and Martyr interfered, Kaz came out, and got involved, clotheslining Raven, which led directly into the finish. On the screen from backstage, Christian Cage addresses Harris. Cage says that he's the type of guy that people want to wrestle so they can tell their grandchildren about it. He claims Harris cost him the title at Slammiversary and they'll meet in the ring sometime in the future. Cage stop as someone enters his locker room, the screen goes black with the idea that someone went after Cage backstage.

*Cage is thrown into the Impact Zone by Abyss. They brawl towards the ring. Abyss grabs a barbed wire baseball bat. Tomko and AJ Styles hit the ring for the save. They work over Abyss. Abyss makes a comeback, giving Tomko a big boot and Styles a clothesline, sending both out of the ring. In the midst of all that, Cage escaped and ran away.

*Samoa Joe defeated Chris Sabin & TNA X-Division champion Jay Lethal to win the X-Division title after pinning Sabin with the musclebuster. :Lethal went for the elbow but was shoved off by Sabin. Joe grabbed Sabin off the top and nailed the finisher. No sign of Sonjay Dutt or Kevin Nash.

*Jim Cornette announces next week Kurt Angle will defend against Rhino and Christian Cage.

Impact 6/28/07

*TNA champion Kurt Angle defeated Christian Cage and Rhino in what was said to be an amazing blowaway match. Samoa Joe came to the ring before the match. He slapped Angle before the match and they brawled into the crowd and towards the concession area before security pulled them apart. They started the match. Abyss came out during the bout, which led to Cage leaving the ring. They brawl out of the Impact Zone. Tomko and Styles jump Abyss outside for the save. The match is continuing in the ring at the same time with Rhino goring Angle through a table. Cage returns and tries to cover Angle but Chris Harris pulls him off. Tomko and Styles attack Harris. Abyss returns and goes after Styles and Tomko. Sting appears and goes after Tomko and Cage. James Storm hits the ring and pours beer on Rhino and spits in his face. Angle hits the Olympic Slam for the pin. Really crazy main event that lasted 30-35 minutes.

There is no POINT for this! NONE! God dammit, now this booking is frustrating the hell out of me. Lethal FINALLY wins the X title and they toss it onto Joe for no reason other than to give Joe a way into the main event that'll end with new tag champions. So for some reason or another, SOMEONE is leaving with two titles when they don't need them.

They have a perfectly capable X-division and Tag division and they pull this. My brain hurts now.

Joe winning the X-title does nothing for Joe and only hurts Lethal.

It's so stupid. And just when I thought TNA might be getting their act together.

Guest Doombiscuit

What an awful main event for a PPV. This does nothing for anyone involved and makes Lethal, who's finally got over, look useless. The X-division's really been dull of late and this only hurts it more. Ditto the tag division, especially if Joe and Angle win the belts. TNA's one saving grace is the proliferation of possible Main Eventers so its a shame they couldn't think up something more interesting for Angle's first PPV defence. Then again, they've already pulled the trigger on Angle/Sting and AJ has never been allowed to look like a threat.

TNA needs to reestablish its X and Tag divisions as they helped it stand out from WWE a year or so ago. I say bring in the Briscoes.

I'm going to let the booking play itself out before I jump all over it. It's clear that Angle and Joe are headlining BFG, and at the very least, I'm glad they are not hotshotting it for July. After the ending of Slammiversary, I thought we'd get another 3 or 4 matches between them between now and October. Wacky tag partner champs who hate each other has been done to death, but I'm not convinced they'll win, because the stipulation says they'll get to pick a partner. Joe winning the X-title though seems short sighted, because now he's going to have to drop it on Impact again to nobody in particular, like he did last year. I'd love to see him put over Senshi though in a great match to kickstart rebuilding the X-D, but I'm holding my breath. Or stripped of it to start a Super X tournament. I can hope, can't I?

Also, I have to say I'm glad they're not rushing Christian and Abyss. It looks like that'll be the 2nd match from the top at BFG, but Abyss needs to have to go through the rest of the Christian Coalition before he ever gets to Christian. A rematch with Tomko and a match or 2 with AJ keeps the issue burning, with him almost getting his hands on Christian.

Otherwise it looks like TNA is trying to showcase more wrestling since WWE has gone back to Sportz Entertainment in the last few weeks after putting the emphasis on in-ring action for awhile.

TNA has actually got a fairly stong tag team division, It's just a case of pushing these tag teams.

Team 3D

Voodoo Kin Mafia

LAX

Steiner Brothers

Motot City Machine Guns

Damaja and Basham

Seritonin

The problem lies with, out of seven of those teams, only two of them are faces. And Team 3D are probably in need of a heel turn.

Whereas the X division has fallen on it's arse.

Black Machismo

Guru

Senshi

Petey Willaims

Shark Boy

I'm not putting Sabin and Shelley in that list as it seems there heading for a tag team push. And i'm not putting Samoa Joe in there as he's main event now. No matter what this X title win says. And of those five (only five!) they are all faces.

And the main event scene is filled. Which is a good thing. Even with upper-midcarders who are on the cusp of becoming main eventers such as Harris, Storm, Roode, Tomko etc.

TNA has got an excellent roster that can move this ok organisation into the great organisation that they've always had the potential to be.

So the 6/28 Impact is gonna have one 30 minute chunk of backstage shit, and then one 30 minute chunk of main event?

That's gonna flow so fucking horribly.

i think if there's one thing thats consistent about TNA's booking is that its inconsistent