TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO ECW on Sci Fi thread - 06/26/07

Smart move by Vince, I guess. Putting Cena out right away. Establishes that they are moving on. Also, more people would be tuning in for this show then ever, Cena would keep them around and maybe in the process get people to watch ECW for once.

I think Vince did the right thing and not only that but was man enough to admit a hindsight mistake. Plus I think the best thing is to move on without ever saying his name on TV. I think that this might be the best or rather only way to move on with recent events.

Marvin, I guess it was because with no other main eventers in ECW, Nitro was the closest they could go with.

He also has the better look out of him and Burke.

Or, they thought Benoit would be back by tonight and would put the title on him and put it over as a fluke. While saving the Viscera or Cor Von main event run and the eventual Punk title reign.

Did anyone ever mention why the hell they picked Johnny Nitro to replace Benoit at the PPV?

Who else would they use? Burke and Cor Von already lost their opportunity to wrestle for the belt. So who else was left? Tommy? Balls? Nitro was the only real choice left over.

Marvin, I guess it was because with no other main eventers in ECW, Nitro was the closest they could go with.

That and he does ab crunches during sex.

now that we're wrestling again, could they be thinking of a way to retire/unify the ECW belt with a cena-nitro feud??????

now that we're wrestling again, could they be thinking of a way to retire/unify the ECW belt with a cena-nitro feud??????

They might just run with Nitro now.

So basically Benoit has been erased from WWE's history? Is that whats going to happen?"

Basically yeah. They won't delete his name from the record books but everything else about his existance is gone.

Maybe we are returning to a mini-kayfabe world? Nothing outside the ring happens? I could totally see Benoit only be mentioned in the public media releases on the website, but I can totally see the name Chris Benoit NEVER mentioned again.

I think they might get better ratings on ECW if they just dropped angles and just did nothing but wrestling and let the matches move the feuds.

No, they're just running placeholder matches because they need to essentially sit down and come up with a series of new storylines for all three brands, and they need more time given the circumstances.

Or, they thought Benoit would be back by tonight and would put the title on him and put it over as a fluke. While saving the Viscera or Cor Von main event run and the eventual Punk title reign.

Figured that..It must suck to be CM Punk that him winning the belt wasn't even Plan B worst case scenario..

Figured that..It must suck to be CM Punk that him winning the belt wasn't even Plan B worst case scenario..

I think they wanted his title win to mean something, in other words, beating Benoit. Now, he'll probably win it off Nitro in a few weeks, maybe on the next PPV.

Benoit will never be mentioned again.

Other than Nailz, I can't think of anyone else that is forbidden to be spoken of.

Wasn't Nailz mentioned on the Warrior dvd?

Wasn't he name-dropped during the McMahon Death angle?

Other than Nailz, I can't think of anyone else that is forbidden to be spoken of.

I wonder if they'll blur him out of the dvd releases and bleep out his name like they do the WWF logo and WWF..

I think so, and the only place WWE might ever talk about Benoit is in a chapter on someone's DVD and in storyline mode ONLY. He more than likely would not be heard of on WWE TV again, which is for the best for all parties involved.

Wasn't Nailz mentioned on the Warrior dvd?

Wasn't he name-dropped during the McMahon Death angle?

Yeah, on the same page that accused HHH of killing McMahon because 'he had too much time on his hands'.

That was a good little match that did well to serve its purpose. Nitro looked really strong and the top face wins when he pretty much had to right now.

Leave it to Marvin to actually nit-pick about this. Cena could have squashed Nitro straight up just to pop the crowd and make the potentially large viewership tuning in happy.