TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 6/28 Impact Thread

They've both stepped up their game and although Harris is way vanilla in character...an eventual AMW reunion would be really really fun.

Except it would unravel all the momentum they've had. Going back together as AMW is a step backwards.

Yeah, but I was talking more down the line when TNA has pushed them as far as their willing to. Neiither guy is going to be World Champion (unless Harris really takes off which I don't see). Their legacy inside the company as AMW is too big to not go back to at some point in time.

I can actually see Harris as champ at some point, which would be great for TNA's reputation as he would be their first real "home grown star". Same goes for Storm. In fact, I can see his eventual fued with Rhino to be really good for his carear.

Using the current braintrust logic that is writing/booking Impact I don't think a one week or one month title reign as TNA champ is going to do much for Storm or Harris....Jay Lethal's 2 day reign as X Chump is already forgotten.

I love the fact that Harris (and to a lesser extent Storm) are getting these pushes. They've had 2 really good matches with each other

That's actually how they got their job in the first place. They had an on-&-off feud on the local indies for years, and put on a great match one night at the Fairgrounds when the TNA office was there, doing a trial run for their commentators (that's the night Cornette spit on Ed Ferrera) and scouting for cheap talent.

I knew that they had a good match that got them their jobs...

But I am totally digging the fact that these two guys who were crutches of TNAs early days (my friend and I used to joke that on the Wednesday shows there were only 2 matches worth watching...whoever AJ faced and whoever AMW faced) are now upstaging much "Bigger" talent in the company.

Chris Harris is getting the bigger push...but they've both been more interesting than Angle or Sting or even Joe for the last 2 months.

Good for them.

yea i like that TNA is slowly understanding that they need to push their homegrown talent more and more, hopefully TNA can keep this roll going and we start seeing main events that last 10 minutes or longer

I completely applaud TNA for doing what they did last week with the world title match taking up nearly the whole hour, but really, that match, to me, wasnt more than *** at best. There was so many run-ins and such and the flow of the match was far from phemoninal even taking out all of the run-ins. Oh well, its a good start to things, but to throw a match that long into the show that really, in the big scheme of things, didnt mean much or certainly will not be remembered down the road kinda sucks. I think TNA needs to find the balance now between rushing tons of characters in one hour and doing what they did here. Having a guaranteed 15 minute main event would be nice as a given from this point on, for example.

The match should of ended with the "holy shit" moment of the GORE! table spot with the classic Tony Schiavonie line of "Our video machines are rolling so stay tune next week same channel same time..." that way the show ended with a exciting cliff hanger leaving the fans wanting more instead of the big letdown. The Total Nonstop run-ins could of been the beginning of the next week episode with a Jim Cornette speech setting up some matches for #1 contenders but no they had to blow their load prematurely as usual and throw everything in one extended show just for the right to say "hey our match went a full hour". Kurt Angle vs Rhyno should of been the whole story as the classic Metallica song states "Nothing Else Matters" the whole Abyss vs Christian stable could of been introduced the next week same deal with the Sting trying to save his soul hell they could of even had Daniels run-in on Sting to end the Second Episode. Hour 3 could of been all about the drunk who spits on people who finally realizes that he is a better tag team wrestler than working solo and winning the TNA Tag Team titles to get into the main event at the PPV.