TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Guest Smues

Assist trophies. They'll probably run over fighters or some such. And hopefully make 8-bit bleeps and bloops.

I believe they are helping the player that summoned the "Assist Trophy" ala Marvel vs Capcom. I don't quite get why the word "Trophy" is in there though, it's kind of misleading / confusing.

So I collect them in they appear in a gallery but also show up during gameplay, or they have nothing to do with collection trophies? This is where I am confused.

The pokeball explanation is a good one.

They show up like little trophies, and once you get them, the assists appear and help you out. If you pick up the excitebike assist trophy, the excitebike guys will ride around the field and won't hurt you, but will affect the other guys.

Dang, no spoilers in the box art. That leads me to believe that several of the characters already revealed are going to be unlocks. I figured they wouldn't show the hidden characters on that site until after launch.

I'm more excited about the online co-op feature.

I'm not excited about the Japan delay, which could result in a US delay.

Okay. The vid was actually pretty good and reminded me of why I liked Sonic in the first place, though my initial thought way back was how busted he could be with Fox already around.

Okay. The vid was actually pretty good and reminded me of why I liked Sonic in the first place, though my initial thought way back was how busted he could be with Fox already around.

Fox vs. Sonic

Hyper Speed Showdown.

...*Marks that as another fight to have*

Hoping they place Sonic roughly where Fox is and take him down a notch rather than raising Sonic even above that. Since I've also seen a lot of Tails speculation -- although I doubt he'll ever be in since this is still a Nintendo game, I still dread the thought -- I'm hoping none of his lame side cast gets in unless it happens to be as assist trophies or cameos. I shall only accept Robotnik or Knuckles otherwise, though one would think Robotnik would be in as a boss.

But they almost have to include Megaman, assuming there's still one more character to come and Capcom is the one that jumped on board. I've nothing against Joe, he's made for Brawl and I want him in, but it would almost be underwhelming now. They may as well go for broke.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Jeez, if only Capcom was adding two in there. You could get Simon Belmont and it'd be a regular Captain N reunion show. :P

Capcom would be Megaman...

That I know.

Curious though, if they did include Megaman...which one would they pick out of the 7 (Classic, X, Trigger, EXE, Zero, ZX, Star Force)

I'd HOPE for the original. Since the GBA Anniversary collection went into developmental hell, Classic Megaman hasn't gotten enough respect IMO.

Guest Smues

Sonic is finally confirmed. Awesome. I wouldn't mind at least one more playable sonic character, like Tails or Knuckles. Of course if we do get another one it'd probably be someone who sucks like Amy, or Shadow who'd be the same as Sonic. A shitload of Sonic character assist trophies would be cool though. I could stomach Amy and her stupid hammer as an assist trophey. On the other hand even as an assist trophy I don't want to see Big and his stupid fishing pole and frog.

Sonic is finally confirmed. Awesome. I wouldn't mind at least one more playable sonic character, like Tails or Knuckles. Of course if we do get another one it'd probably be someone who sucks like Amy, or Shadow who'd be the same as Sonic. A shitload of Sonic character assist trophies would be cool though. I could stomach Amy and her stupid hammer as an assist trophey. On the other hand even as an assist trophy I don't want to see Big and his stupid fishing pole and frog.

What about Rouge and, as I've heard a furvert friend of mine say, her "boobtastical glory"?

Guest Smues

What about Rouge and, as I've heard a furvert friend of mine say, her "boobtastical glory"?

I'd prefer Knuckles as a fighter, but if getting Rouge instead meant no Knuckles rap then I guess I'd take that deal.

the little kid in me is sooo excited to have Sonic in the game. It made me 100x more excited about it. heh.. thank goodness for pre-ordering this one!

Knuckles and Tails would be fine. Maybe Eggman but any more would be overdoing it.

Even if it's only Sonic that's fine by me. I don't think they'll be able to resist putting a Knux rap in, though.

This game just keeps getting better and better as time goes by.