TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Video player woes...

I've downloaded seveal movie files, and when I try to play them on either Media Player Classic or teh new Window's media play, the files play upside-down. I can play them on Divix, but a lot of the time the picture freezes ad the audio starts looping back in on itself. Does anybody know what's causing all this?

Also, anybodyknow where I can download the XVid codec? Their website is useless.

Not sure what's causing your problems, but I highly recommend downloading VLC Player.

It does an amazing job of playing every kind of media file, without having to worry about plugins and codecs.

Not sure what's causing your problems, but I highly recommend downloading VLC Player.

It does an amazing job of playing every kind of media file, without having to worry about plugins and codecs.

I did, actually. I had a few issues with it, but those were due more to my computer, rather than the player itself. Laptops just weren't meant to run Vista, no matter what they say.

Yeah I can't get VLC to work on Vista. I use the GOM Player which is a lot like VLC but for Vista.