TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 7/9 - 7/15

8:49. For the record, the shortest night game I ever attended ended at 8:56 in the evening.

What's the longest? Mine was a minor league game at Delmarva that lasted 17 innings and ended at 1:07 am after a 7:15 start time. I hated that damn game, especially since I was one of only 25 idiots left in the stands after 6 hours. And they lost, which made it suck even more.

And Cal Ripken should never be asked to introduce a line-up again. He is stiff as ever and could barely get the names of the players out without stammering. Great shortstop, horrible announcer.

What's the longest? Mine was a minor league game at Delmarva that lasted 17 innings and ended at 1:07 am after a 7:15 start time. I hated that damn game, especially since I was one of only 25 idiots left in the stands after 6 hours. And they lost, which made it suck even more.

11:45. Doubleheader that started at five, delayed by rain at one point. I can take extra innings because it has action and it's fun to see the crowd thin out after each inning. Rain delays are the absolute worst though. Even after the rain stops you're still 20 minutes away from the game.

I heard a rumor that this year the game actually counts. Can anyone confirm or deny? Anyway, I predict another heartbreaker for the NL like last year. The AL wins 6-4 after being down by 2 runs with 2 outs in the 9th.

I heard a rumor that this year the game actually counts. Can anyone confirm or deny? Anyway, I predict another heartbreaker for the NL like last year. The AL wins 6-4 after being down by 2 runs with 2 outs in the 9th.

At least then it would be exciting.

I dunno...last year was the first one I watched closely since the tie and it was pretty good drama towards the end with Hoffman on the mound and Michael Young playing hero.

I've actually enjoyed it so far. It's baseball and Junior Griffey made a really good play. I think the game would be a lot more enjoyable if it didn't count. Oh God, here comes Eric Byrnes on a boat. I'm changing the channel.

Thank God I didn't actually change the channel or I woulda missed the new $100 million Man Ichiro with a 2-run inside the parker. This game isn't bad at all.

so what's this I hear about Roy Oswalt being available and targeted by the Red Sox? It was evidently in some newspaper and spoken of a bit at work today. I have yet to see the newspaper article but it was some older woman that works there that mentioned her husband having read it so I imagine there's a bit of validity to it.

This game is pretty good overall. Some weird plays. The ball that went by A-Rod was strange, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a hop with that much spin on it. It looked like it was going straight then bounced 3 feet to the left.

A Fox broadcast isn't complete sadly without some stupid shit like a swimming dog...

This game is pretty good overall. Some weird plays. The ball that went by A-Rod was strange, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a hop with that much spin on it. It looked like it was going straight then bounced 3 feet to the left.

A Fox broadcast isn't complete sadly without some stupid shit like a swimming dog...

It scored pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale.

so what's this I hear about Roy Oswalt being available and targeted by the Red Sox? It was evidently in some newspaper and spoken of a bit at work today. I have yet to see the newspaper article but it was some older woman that works there that mentioned her husband having read it so I imagine there's a bit of validity to it.

Oswalt's not available. That came from an article in the Houston Chronicle. Some reporter down here was asking him hypothetically if he would waive his no-trade clause if the team wanted to trade him to say...The Red Sox or the Braves or somebody comprable. Oswalt said that he would never request a trade, but, if the team thought it was in their best interest to trade him, he would waive his no-trade clause. However, there is absolutely no way that Oswalt will ever be traded...ever. Never. There was some stink about it on the Astros' MLB board earlier today, but whoever posted about it didn't catch that the reporter was asking him hypothetically. I also read an article today that says that Drayton McClane doesn't want to trade his big players because he's still convinced the Astros can come back and win the division.

Oswalt's not available. That came from an article in the Houston Chronicle. Some reporter down here was asking him hypothetically if he would waive his no-trade clause if the team wanted to trade him to say...The Red Sox or the Braves or somebody comprable. Oswalt said that he would never request a trade, but, if the team thought it was in their best interest to trade him, he would waive his no-trade clause. However, there is absolutely no way that Oswalt will ever be traded...ever. Never. There was some stink about it on the Astros' MLB board earlier today, but whoever posted about it didn't catch that the reporter was asking him hypothetically. I also read an article today that says that Drayton McClane doesn't want to trade his big players because he's still convinced the Astros can come back and win the division.

ok, cause I was told that it would be both Lidge and Oswalt and my response was "If it happened then goodbye farm system". That would literally cost Ellsbury, Bucholz, Bowden, Lars Anderson, Hansen, and Lowrie.

I'm really afraid to ask, but what was the dog thing everyone is mocking?

They interview Eric Byrnes on a boat. Byrnes produces a baseball that he will have his dog fetch (the dog is wearing a life preserver). Byrnes throws the baseball, the dog hesitates, jumps in, and commences swimming away from the boat and ball into the bay.

I'm really afraid to ask, but what was the dog thing everyone is mocking?

They interview Eric Byrnes on a boat. Byrnes produces a baseball that he will have his dog fetch (the dog is wearing a life preserver). Byrnes throws the baseball, the dog hesitates, jumps in, and commences swimming away from the boat and ball into the bay.

I'm sure the animal rights people will be up in arms about this regardless of the life jacket.