TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

ribs

I cannot get into these. Sometimes the flavor will be good, but generally there just isn't a lot of meat. It isn't worth it. I don't want to work around something, making a mess just to devour the equivalent of two meatballs. I'll just get a steak of something if I actually want meat, not ribs.

To all who swear by these things, explain yourselves.

I agree, not worth the trouble at all. I can get brisket or something and have basically the same flavor with none of the mess or hassle.

I love ribs...and usually you have great ones if the meat slides right off the bone. But to me...it's like eating hot wings or crab legs. I'm not worried about style points or making a mess. Set those sumbitches in front of me, give me some extra BBQ sauce on the side, a pile of napkins, and stand back.

I like baby back ribs, but it gets hard to find really good beef ribs.

Guest Vitamin X

Bruiser nailed it. Ribs are great, and probably one of the rare things I'd break being a pescatarian for.

What people don't realize with cooking meats, is that when they're cooked (and eaten) on the bone, it enhances the flavor of the meat tremendously. When I'm cooking salmon, or cod, or halibut these days, if I want to make a real good one, I'll smoke em and eat them with bones.

If you're eating ribs and they're mostly bone, then you're not eating good ribs. They should have plenty of meat on them. Or you're not eating enough. Get a full rack. If you're going to eat that shit, at least do it right.

Bruiser nailed it. Ribs are great, and probably one of the rare things I'd break being a pescatarian for.

What people don't realize with cooking meats, is that when they're cooked (and eaten) on the bone, it enhances the flavor of the meat tremendously. When I'm cooking salmon, or cod, or halibut these days, if I want to make a real good one, I'll smoke em and eat them with bones.

If you're eating ribs and they're mostly bone, then you're not eating good ribs. They should have plenty of meat on them. Or you're not eating enough. Get a full rack. If you're going to eat that shit, at least do it right.

Seconded. Ribs are perhaps the one stalwart in my list of Top 5 foods.

And luckily for me, inexplicably about four new BBQ places have opened in town in the past two years. There's a new French-Canadian BBQ place I've been meaning to check out. Ribs plus poutine is a potentially amazing combinaton.