TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

NWA signs national TV deal

David Marquez, via the NWA message board:

Bob Trobich was in attendance all weekend in Texas for the matches and boy was it ever an education! Here is a link to what I consider a bombshell...looks like Mom's gonna be able to see us on TV soon!

A deal was put together by Big Vision Entertainment, Inc. and Trobich with Colours Television and will be made available across the Dish Network. There is no other information outside of this, but please stay close to nwawrestling.com for up to date information.

Well, I live in Texas, I got Dish, hopefully I can finally see some indy wrestling now. Cuz before, there was pretty much WWE, TNA, and AAA. And none of those companies are terribly good in an aesthetic sense.

So who will be the new stars of the NWA will this Houston promotion be any different than the Nashville one that was on syndication on the weekend at odd hours in the late 90's? If Danielson wins the NWA World Title will he be on both ROH and NWA dish network PPVs? Ha! love that Jim Ross impersonation by the announcer David Marquez but where oh where is their Tony Schiavonie or Jesse Ventura?

This sounds kind of lame to me, since they haven't even mentioned a channel. Does Dish have video on demand type services like digital cable? The way this is worded, it almost seems like they might end up on something like that.

So who will be the new stars of the NWA will this Houston promotion be any different than the Nashville one that was on syndication on the weekend at odd hours in the late 90's?

NWA Main Event? I know like half the guys who ever worked there. Probably not, the NWA show in that area mostly uses crappy rookies now.

Does Dish have video on demand type services like digital cable?

No. Apparently you can't do On Demand stuff with satellite. One reason why WWE 24/7 isn't on there.

Hmmm. Just checked it out, and Colours is some kind of international channel specializing in non-white cultures around the globe. A really weird place for wrestling to be on. My guess is it's the cheapest deal they could get to snag a spot on any Dish channel.

If NWA Main Event was the one that had cards at the Nashville Fairgrounds then maybe but I do remember a World Wide studio show that had Chris Harris. So this NWA is going to be in the 9000's channels damn to bad it couldn't be in the 500's along with the other regular wrestling and boxing PPVs.