TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

OaO 7/16 Raw Thread

Cena has been corny and lame before ....but I think he just out did himself tonight. jesus christ his "promo" was awful

and why was lashley even mad at him? Hell cena was kissing his ass. Just stupid.

Lashley at least showed he might be a decent heel possibly.

Cena has been corny and lame before ....but I think he just out did himself tonight. jesus christ his "promo" was awful

and why was lashley even mad at him? Hell cena was kissing his ass. Just stupid.

Lashley at least showed he might be a decent heel possibly.

We aren't Cena's fan base......little kids......any women.....soccer moms.....that's his fan base.

Man,WWE needs competition.At the end of the night,after it sinks in,I wonder WTF is this crap.No adrenaline rush,no mind food,or several level storylines.And the dumbest thing.....I STILL WATCH!!

Arrggh

Man,WWE needs competition.At the end of the night,after it sinks in,I wonder WTF is this crap.No adrenaline rush,no mind food,or several level storylines.And the dumbest thing.....I STILL WATCH!!

Arrggh

What would you like them to do? If they do anything that looks attitude era ish people flip out that it's a rehash. They aren't heavy in top notch performers like they once were either....

Arrggh

What would you like them to do? If they do anything that looks attitude era ish people flip out that it's a rehash. They aren't heavy in top notch performers like they once were either....

Multi-directional storylines.Non-linear outcomes.Something complex,like the Harts/DX/Austin feud (an example).I remember when just about all storylines inter-weaved with each other.On one level it can appeal to the mainstream,and yet on another appeal to the smart crowd.

Arrggh

Multi-directional storylines.Non-linear outcomes.Something complex,like the Harts/DX/Austin feud (an example).I remember when just about all storylines inter-weaved with each other.On one level it can appeal to the mainstream,and yet on another appeal to the smart crowd.

Unfortunately things like this probably won't be booked in a lonnng time.....there are certain formula's that the WWE doesn't use anymore. 1 they don't have a polarizing figure, they've decided on Cena as "their guy" but he surely isn't polarizing or supported by everyone. Also to do that you have to book heel groups as strong, give them title runs and such.

Right now the WWE is most about sending the audience home happy, not long term heel title runs. No heels (other than H) are even allowed to portray badass heel characters. They are all chickenshit types the WWE uses the chickenshit heel more than ever. Right now all the heels are just cannon fodder for the big faces, unless you are Edge on Smackdown without any big star faces to beat you.

When was the last time they actually tried to build a heel and gave him a long reign that got him over? Triple H they went out of their way to make him...now it's like they don't care they just need a flavor of the month to keep the Cena Machine running.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the various former champs end up having it Cena 4, Lashley 2? That's interesting, they aren't even hyping this like it's Cena against the unstoppable guy. Of course that's what happens when the other guy jobs to Vince and Shane for months.

I don't think the GAB match will even have a conclusive finish. Lashley isn't some Khali/Umaga type monster chump heel that they can just feed to Cena and job out. Lashley is someone they have taken a real interest in pushing. I think this will end up going on to SS.

Mecca: To answer your last question...I think JBL.

That's an interesting point I guess even though for most of the run I thought it was a horrible idea for a wrestler that didn't deserve the push.

Why did they have to let Cena cut the "Will Smith Fresh Prince of Bel Air" promo tonight? All they had to do was the hardsell at the end, and the little scuffle.

Seriously... who thought it would be a good idea for Cena to open the promo like that? It killed a lot of the aura this match had, that was luckily saved a bit at the end.

damn, i turned Raw off early and i missed a horribly bad Cena promo... wait, he does those every week.

EDIT: holy crap, just saw it. "Johnathan Coachman, that was the worst question in history.", Jonathan Cena, that was the worst promo in history. Mean Gene would have pissed himself more than he did with Patera. Did he really have to start crying? I'd like to hear Hawk and the rest of the Cena-Man-Crush-Gang try and say it was a great promo.

Arrggh

I agree with you, but it will never happen when Vince lets Big Steph and her sitcom rejects write the show. Also, Vinnie actually has to care what the people want to see again, not "what is the easiest/laziest way to fill some hours of t.v. programming this week," mindset that he's had for the past 6 years.