TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The new host of the Price is Right is...

10 a.m. Pffffftttttt...

Dumb Central time zone. I hope you realize you've been watching shows at the wrong time your entire life.

Guest Czecherbear

How the hell do boring old people stay up till 11:35 to watch Leno? Is life an hour ahead out east, too? But anyway, yeah, CBS got beat on this one. Maybe they should quit giving away the same catamaran every day.

How the hell do boring old people stay up till 11:35 to watch Leno? Is life an hour ahead out east, too? But anyway, yeah, CBS got beat on this one. Maybe they should quit giving away the same catamaran every day.

I don't know, how do YOU PEOPLE like your evening network newscast at 5:30? You're supposed to watch that shit while you're eating dinner!

I'm astonished Marvin didn't say anything about TPIR's recent upgrade to HD.

Didn't we do his thread like a year ago? I remember Hoff analysing Drew as host.

TPIR looks good in HD.

and I decided to bump this thread since I thought it reflected how bad Drew is as host but I had no idea it took them an hour to figure out if he was cheating or not which sapped his reaction.

YOU TALKIN BOUT TINO MONTE?

That's the Canadian Sweep guy so I doubt it. On the subject, I swear I saw a grey haired Tino in a Scotiabank ad recently.

Oh shit, that was actually an imported show? And here I thought filling carts with Turkeys and Obus Forms was uniquely Canuckian.

This thread is making me wonder what it would be like if Marvin hosted The Price is Right.

"You just won a big screen HDTV, what are you gonna do with your old one?"

"Well, Matt, I'm going to sell it online."

"Should give it to your grandmother...shows what kind of man you are, won't buy your grandmother a TV. Next item up for bid is...a NINTENDO."

This is why us east coasters get aggravated come playoff time.

As for CBS, I don't think they got hosed. The guy doesn't win anything extra for being exactly right. Heck, it could be perfectly legitimate. They've had what, over 15,000 guesses over their lifespan? Someone is bound to get lucky.

This is why us east coasters get aggravated come playoff time.

As for CBS, I don't think they got hosed. The guy doesn't win anything extra for being exactly right. Heck, it could be perfectly legitimate. They've had what, over 15,000 guesses over their lifespan? Someone is bound to get lucky.

he won both showcases.

As for Carey sounding like he was "watching paint dry", I think the tone in his voice was more exciting/better than if he would have jumped up and down yelling, "HE GOT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE!!!!", which would have just been annoying.

The voice he used was like, holy shit you made the perfect bid. Good show, sir.

This is the thread from last year

Upon further review, it is. I must have confused it with another TPiR thread, because I distinctly remember Hoff saying he wanted to Tivo it daily, but it was all the way across the room. </slayer>. I do recall Hoff giving a detailed description of what he thought of DC as the host, though. Maybe it was "Why The Fuck Do They Let Old People On", which is one of my all-time favourite threads.

Quasi-related: Earlier in the week, I said "The Drew Carey Show is one of my favourite sitcoms ever, if not number one".

As for Carey sounding like he was "watching paint dry", I think the tone in his voice was more exciting/better than if he would have jumped up and down yelling, "HE GOT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE!!!!", which would have just been annoying.

Funny, he did that when someone WON A MILLION BUCKS WON A MILLION BUCKS WON A MILLION BUCKS playing Clock Game: