TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
B@RTOK

Song List

I will compose a list of my favorite songs. Not for you to rate only for you to enjoy the same music that I have. Feel free to post any songs you think should be added to the list. Keep in mnd these are in no particular order.

I think what's getting lost here is the notion of "who are you?" "where do you come from?" and "are you supposed to be normal?"

Except for Czech's occasional menstrual cramp—which, to his credit, he keeps in check (LOL) these days—accusations of snobbery within the music folder are unfounded.

Considering the source, that statement is the TSM equivalent of the grand wizard of the KKK putting out a press release stating that the organization is not racist.

Hey, awesome, you can't disprove what I said. Dipshit.

Your posts in that folder, along with those of people like Edwin, speak for themselves. You haven't done anything but prove me right.

The burden of proof is on you. Do you know what "burden of proof" means and why its applicable here? Am I going over your head?

LOL!!! does this make me as cool as Matt Young? Clearly he hates my music so I should be cool like him and give up my own aquired taste just so he can be happy.

I will compose a list of my favorite songs. Not for you to rate only for you to enjoy the same music that I have. Feel free to post any songs you think should be added to the list. Keep in mnd these are in no particular order.

I think what's getting lost here is the notion of "who are you?" "where do you come from?" and "are you supposed to be normal?"

What does it matter to you who I am? I simply laid out all the information that you needed to understand what I have written here. If you must know i go to the wrestling event UWA.

Except for Czech's occasional menstrual cramp—which, to his credit, he keeps in check (LOL) these days—accusations of snobbery within the music folder are unfounded.

Considering the source, that statement is the TSM equivalent of the grand wizard of the KKK putting out a press release stating that the organization is not racist.

Your posts in that folder, along with those of people like Edwin, speak for themselves. You haven't done anything but prove me right.

The burden of proof is on you. Do you know what "burden of proof" means and why its applicable here? Am I going over your head?

Apparently, it's going over yours. As I said, your posts speak for themselves. If I need to point out specific instances of you speaking condescendingly to others, so be it.

LOL!!! does this make me as cool as Matt Young? Clearly he hates my music so I should be cool like him and give up my own aquired taste just so he can be happy.

What the hell are you talking about? I like 90% of the stuff you posted. I quoted a specific part of your post and put "LOL" because you claimed that these were some of your favorites, yet you repeatedly referred to The Shins as "This Shins".

You can't tell me that this post offends you or anyone else for being here ather then the music forum. Not to mention I didn't notice a music forum let alone will I post in it.

I'm not saying this post offends me, there is just no reason for it to be in here. I really couldn't give a shit about your favorite songs. It's just superfluous for this forum, doesn't belong here, and could've been posted in the right place in the first place, anyways.

It wasn't a question of YOU not giving a shit about my favorite songs. Eat dick cockfag and read what I wrote in the first place. You embarass me, you embarass yourself. Furthermore I wish for a moderator to give me another 8% warning for just using a copyrighted quote.

Apparently, it's going over yours. As I said, your posts speak for themselves. If I need to point out specific instances of you speaking condescendingly to others, so be it.

What the hell are you talking about? I like 90% of the stuff you posted. I quoted a specific part of your post and put "LOL" because you claimed that these were some of your favorites, yet you repeatedly referred to The Shins as "This Shins".

I find my mistake funny, you are excused of all guilt.

I would insult Matt, but I think it would be better to watch on as others verbally sodomize him.

I find my mistake funny, you are excused of all guilt.

Pyramid!

The other day, I was doing searches for past metal discussion in the music folder and came across this thread from mid-03 (slightly before my time) which apparently indicates that four years ago the music folder centered on death metal and indie rock, and today the music folder centers on.... death metal and indie rock, with the occasional spike of rap discussion.

Scenesters, solos and street cred indeed.

It's cool, worst that'll happen is your music tastes will grant us a chuckle at the secret board of awesome taste in stuff.

I hear they're real big on Fall Out Boy over there

Sometimes I'll be about to post something in the music folder but then just as I'm about to click the Add Reply button I'll pause and think, "But what if Incandenza doesn't approve of my tastes? What if he speaks condescendingly to me???!!??!" And then I'll just delete what I was going to post and close Firefox and stare wistfully out the window.

Guest •

The Music folder's approach to elitism seems to be "the rest of you are all stuck-up snobs." vivalaultra has done this a lot, as has Banky, as have I.

Guest •

Yeah, but I mean snobbery accusations coming from within, in which liking Fall Out Boy is unacceptable, naturally, but the Nelly Furtado/Timbaland song that would directly follow a Fall Out Boy song on any Kiss FM or equivalent Top 40 FM station in America is to be embraced. It's not like Exslade's avowed shitty taste in music is an idiosyncratic aspect of a wider and more accepted listening habit.

Now check this out: How do you rationalize the appearance of an song entitled "I'm Bringing Sexyback"? I mean, wha . . . what, what is that? Is that guy kidding? (What, I gotta kiss you again? Okay.) Really, look, all kidding aside, folks. Let's think about the world of pop, just for a moment. Some of you already have those cute little shirts on that say "emo sucks," right? That's not all that sucks. 'Course Warner Brothers sucks, but besides Warner Brothers there are other things about this business that really suck. One of 'em is the way in which the subject of LOVE is dealt with in the lyrics of various 'serious pop artists,' the intensive-care contingent of the pop world. These people, these people are FUCKED UP, I mean, they're really FUCKED UP. Because see, love isn't the way they're telling you about it, you know, they're telling you wrong. I'm gonna tell you right, you see.

Now all of the ladies in the audience, you get to have fantasy time. This is female fantasy hour. Okay? You're a teen-age girl, right? You have abducted the succulent popstar of your choice, right? You have taken the aforementioned popstar, who is really cute and Aryan and eats a lot of crumpets, back to your teen-age room. That's right, spindle twice. You have taken this turkey back to your room, you have laid on your teen-age bed, you have put your teen-age legs up in the air, you have actually taken your own teen-age pants off. You have the teen-age red bulb on, right next to the bed. The curtains are drawn, it's dark, it's midnight. You put on a Beyonce record, you're really relaxing. Tears come to your eyes, you are sensitive, you are in love. The popstar of your choice takes off his pants and climbs on top of you, and the next thing you know you hear this little voice in your ear and it says:

"I'M BRINGING SEXYBACK!"

Yeah, but I mean snobbery accusations coming from within, in which liking Fall Out Boy is unacceptable, naturally, but the Nelly Furtado/Timbaland song that would directly follow a Fall Out Boy song on any Kiss FM or equivalent Top 40 FM station in America is to be embraced.

It's probably "embraced" because it's actually good. Nobody would assert that "Promiscuous" is a brave journey into higher thought, but the production techniques make it a damn good dance song. And, regardless of how intellectually vapid you may feel hip-hop/dance may be, it's not really that unreasonable to hold the idea that an excellent song in one genre is better than a warm-as-piss take on another genre.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Now check this out: How do you rationalize the appearance of an song entitled "I'm Bringing Sexyback"? I mean, wha . . . what, what is that? Is that guy kidding? (What, I gotta kiss you again? Okay.) Really, look, all kidding aside, folks. Let's think about the world of pop, just for a moment. Some of you already have those cute little shirts on that say "emo sucks," right? That's not all that sucks. 'Course Warner Brothers sucks, but besides Warner Brothers there are other things about this business that really suck. One of 'em is the way in which the subject of LOVE is dealt with in the lyrics of various 'serious pop artists,' the intensive-care contingent of the pop world. These people, these people are FUCKED UP, I mean, they're really FUCKED UP. Because see, love isn't the way they're telling you about it, you know, they're telling you wrong. I'm gonna tell you right, you see.

Now all of the ladies in the audience, you get to have fantasy time. This is female fantasy hour. Okay? You're a teen-age girl, right? You have abducted the succulent popstar of your choice, right? You have taken the aforementioned popstar, who is really cute and Aryan and eats a lot of crumpets, back to your teen-age room. That's right, spindle twice. You have taken this turkey back to your room, you have laid on your teen-age bed, you have put your teen-age legs up in the air, you have actually taken your own teen-age pants off. You have the teen-age red bulb on, right next to the bed. The curtains are drawn, it's dark, it's midnight. You put on a Beyonce record, you're really relaxing. Tears come to your eyes, you are sensitive, you are in love. The popstar of your choice takes off his pants and climbs on top of you, and the next thing you know you hear this little voice in your ear and it says:

"I'M BRINGING SEXYBACK!"

ahhhhhhhhhhahahaha

Slayer thinks them motherfuckers don't know how to act.