TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Bound for Glory taking place in Atlanta

Just got in, might as well view the feed.

Yes, Apollo Creed all the way. Ahaha Truth or Consequences, I get it. Cactus Jack run in ahoy. This feed makes him look somewhat like Human Tornado but I can't say for sure one way or the other, it's just too blurry.

Tomko, give me a beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T9A2HAgYeM

his name is Rasheed Consequences Creed if I heard Tenay correctly.

So far this has been a GREAT PPV. The only part that was slow was the Reverse Battle Royal, but then the rest of the match was good. EY winning was awesome.

I loved AJ making it rain and Hebner going after the money. TOMKO as Tag Champ is just awesome. I am a HUGE TOMKO mark.

That opener was great. Depending on the rest of the show, this might be the first PPV I buy on DVD.

TNA Bound for Glory match-by-match coverage

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

Welcome to our live coverage of the TNA Bound for Glory PPV at the Gwinnett Center in Atlanta. We're looking for your thoughts on tonight's show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to [email protected]

Homicide & Hernandez vs. Senshi & Elix Skipper in an Ultimate X match opens the show. They announced that the winners get a tag team title shot.

Hernandez pulled down the X to win. The heat was off the charts. They've got a super crowd. Very strong opener. Lots of big moves off the cables with the biggest spot being Skipper coming off the top of the stands the cables were on doing a crossbody on Hernandez. Crowd in particular was hot for Hernandez doing power moves on Senshi.

Okay, this is what we have. It starts with 16 men outside the ring. When 8 are in the ring, then we have an eight man Battle Royal until two are left. Then those two have a singles match. There should be a rule in wrestling that if there's a stipulation match and they can't get the rules of the stip over on television, then you've got too many stips.

It came down to Eric Young pinning Robert Roode with a small package. But this is just stage one. Now the final eight are going to be in a tournament on Impact based on eliminations. The pairings would be Young vs. James Storm, Junior Fatu vs. Roode, Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley, and Frankie Kazarian vs. Lance Hoyt. The climbing in the ring stuff was stupid, but once the Battle Royal started everyone worked hard and it was a decent Battle Royal.

Karen & Kurt are arguing.

Consequences Creed replacing Pacman Jones in our bait-and-switch for the night & Ron Killings vs. A.J. Styles & Tomko for the TNA tag titles are up next.

Now it's a new guy called Rasheed Lucius Consequences Creed and it's not Scorpio, who was the guy who they wanted for the role. Whoever Creed was, a spoof on Apollo Creed, was pretty acrobatic. For an unknown, he did a hell of a job.

Tomko & Styles won with a double-turn corkscrew move on Killings (the move Tomko & Bernard use as their finisher in Japan). Really good match except for one of the most tasteless endings you'll ever see. Pacman threw money in the ring to distract Styles and Killings had Styles rolled-up. However, Earl Hebner started picking up the dollar bills "like a dancer in a strip club" in Mike Tenay's words. Beyond cringe inducing. A former wrestler is paralyzed for life and they think it's something for laughs.

Karen Angle told Kevin Nash to talk to Kurt. Karen said if Kurt loses the title, then Kevin loses his job as Kurt's psychiastrist and told him he'd have to wrestle on his messed up knees. Yay, we get to see Kevin wrestle again.

Jay Lethal vs. Christopher Daniels for the X title is next.

Sick match with a sick ending. You can tell that the roster is going full speed tonight, at least so far.

I'm at a loss to make the connection between Pacman "making it rain" in a strip club and a wrestler being paralyzed. I must have missed some story (admittedly I had no idea what "making it rain" meant either until Pacman came to TNA and it was described in wrestling news).

I'm at a loss to make the connection between Pacman "making it rain" in a strip club and a wrestler being paralyzed. I must have missed some story (admittedly I had no idea what "making it rain" meant either until Pacman came to TNA and it was described in wrestling news).

When the whole incident happened in Las Vegas, one of the men that was shot and paralyzed was an independent wrestler (Or at least had been at the time).

There was an incident in which one of Pacman's posse mates shot a bouncer outside a strip club, and he was supposedly a former wrestler who once worked with TNA. The bullet paralyzed the guy. (Diamonddust got it)

That was a bad ass Women's Match. Good action and good wrestling. The tit slip was pretty funny seeing as Kong was laughing her ass off after it happened.

Gail Kim as Knockout's Champion is good. She's talented and the crowd is behind her. (Plus she's really sweet, I met her and Christy last weekend).

There was an incident in which one of Pacman's posse mates shot a bouncer outside a strip club, and he was supposedly a former wrestler who once worked with TNA. The bullet paralyzed the guy. (Diamonddust got it)

Actually he was a jobber for WWF back in the day. He had been working as a bouncer for a few years before the shooting.