TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jeff Hardy suspended for 30 days

Yeah, like 2 minutes later, which I couldn't believe - that takes some bottle.

Botching a spot is fine...but repeating it soon after is not good. I wasn't *sure* he botched it until I saw him try doing the move later. :P

Yeah, like 2 minutes later, which I couldn't believe - that takes some bottle.

Botching a spot is fine...but repeating it soon after is not good. I wasn't *sure* he botched it until I saw him try doing the move later. :P

Yeah, that's a fair point actually. I suppose that's a perfect example of someone desperate to get their spot into a match. I really thought he was out cold after the botch though.

HTQ: there are many cases in which an injury's severity isn't immedietely obvious. Like when Shawn Michaels got the back injury that put him out for four years, he didn't even realize anything was wrong until days later. It also took Brian Lee a week to know his neck got broken falling off the scaffold in ECW.

True. But given that Jeff was immediately removed from all plans, it would indicate a serious concern to where sending him to a doctor to get checked out seems like an obvious move or Jeff himself volunteering to get checked out. Of course, it's all moot now as it seems like Jeff was sent him for 'undisclosed reasons'.

As for Lee, I remember his broken neck as happening a week or two before Barely Legal, hence his role in the PPV being reduced to just hitting Shane Douglas with the chokeslam.

So why was he suspended?

Edit..partial.nevermind. Just saw HTQ's comment that he was done so for undisclosed reasons. Must have been pretty serious though, any speculation by meltzer, keller, etc?

So why was he suspended?

Edit..partial.nevermind. Just saw HTQ's comment that he was done so for undisclosed reasons. Must have been pretty serious though, any speculation by meltzer, keller, etc?

Do we need to even ask this question?

Maybe he was following Vince around with his dummy Mr McWoody and it just caused him to lose it. We need answers to the whys. I mean yes, the obvious is drugs but it's not like Jeff was all there when he wasn't on drugs. With him, god knows what the reason could be.

So why was he suspended?

The most likely reason is probably the most obvious one. I'm assuming whoever changed the thread title has heard something.

I thought he had been clean since returning though, has he not? He must have arrived to the show drunk or stoned off his ass or something. If its not that, maybe he got into it with someone in management but that seems less likely since he was in the middle of a push.

I changed the thread title, and totally forgot to post in the actual thread. So, sorry about that.

PWInsider has reported that yes, what he told his websites was totally in every way nothing more than a cover story for what really happen, in order to save face among his hardcore fans. That was expected, so it shouldn't be a huge shock, and I'm sure it's not a shock to any of you.

Anyway, they went on to say that yes, he has indeed been suspended and we will not see him for 30 days, and he'll obviously miss SummerSlam. Jeff Hardy was not sent home from RAW either. This actually went down last week sometime, so he didn't have a reason to show up at RAW since he was already suspended. They didn't give a reason for the suspension, but yeah, like has already been mentioned they also said that we could pretty much guess the reason for all of this.

WWE is doing this to set the stage for the rest of the boys, to let them know that things are going to start changing, if only a little bit, and certain things that have been allowed, or at least looked over, will no longer be allowed or looked over. It all makes sense right now with Congress breathing down their neck.

Jeff Hardy has not been released, and at this time he isn't going to be released. Again, it's just the typical 30 day suspension, and he'll return as soon as he's allowed. They've had big plans for Jeff Hardy, and have been wanting to push him as a major singles star, and this sort of thing is the reason that they keep holding off on it. Right when they are just about to finally push him big, he does whatever he did here, and his big push is once again put on hold.

Wonder if with the Raw rating his 30 day suspension will turn into 30 days of working for free on TV and not doing house shows. I suspect they;ll just do the actual suspension due to all that's going on.

Jeff Hardy or Randy Orton.

Who is the bigger fuck-up?

I'd say Orton, for screwing up at least one world title win, and maybe even a second. Hardy has screwed up more often, but he's never blown a major title win at Wrestlemania.

I changed the thread title, and totally forgot to post in the actual thread. So, sorry about that.

PWInsider has reported that yes, what he told his websites was totally in every way nothing more than a cover story for what really happen, in order to save face among his hardcore fans. That was expected, so it shouldn't be a huge shock, and I'm sure it's not a shock to any of you.

Anyway, they went on to say that yes, he has indeed been suspended and we will not see him for 30 days, and he'll obviously miss SummerSlam. Jeff Hardy was not sent home from RAW either. This actually went down last week sometime, so he didn't have a reason to show up at RAW since he was already suspended. They didn't give a reason for the suspension, but yeah, like has already been mentioned they also said that we could pretty much guess the reason for all of this.

WWE is doing this to set the stage for the rest of the boys, to let them know that things are going to start changing, if only a little bit, and certain things that have been allowed, or at least looked over, will no longer be allowed or looked over. It all makes sense right now with Congress breathing down their neck.

Jeff Hardy has not been released, and at this time he isn't going to be released. Again, it's just the typical 30 day suspension, and he'll return as soon as he's allowed. They've had big plans for Jeff Hardy, and have been wanting to push him as a major singles star, and this sort of thing is the reason that they keep holding off on it. Right when they are just about to finally push him big, he does whatever he did here, and his big push is once again put on hold.

Thanks for posting this. It seems he has the Micheal Vick syndrome...either have everything or about to get everything and does something totally fucking stupid.

Jeff Hardy or Randy Orton.

Who is the bigger fuck-up?

I'd say Orton, for screwing up at least one world title win, and maybe even a second. Hardy has screwed up more often, but he's never blown a major title win at Wrestlemania.

That's a good point, but Jeff Hardy's been screwing up for longer and in more places. He has so many screwups that WWE won't even give him the big push that Orton got.

Hardy screws up more but Orton screws up bigger. It's a question of whether you're judging on frequency of screw ups or the quality of the screw up. Up till now, Orton made the bigger screw ups, but this one really puts Hardy up there.

Agreed 100% in regards to Orton. How many times has WWE been ready to give him the world, only for him to fuck it up?

As one poster mentioned earlier, Jeff has always been WWE's Shawn Michaels to Matt's "Marty Jannety". One has to wonder what kind of a big push WWE had in mind for Jeff. I for one, wouldn't mind seeing him get a short "thank you" World Championship run like Benoit and Guerrero received, just for the Hell his body has gone through over the past 8+ years. I guess we'll never know. Still, you can't argue against him being one of the most popular wrestlers in the company, and its not just with "fat goth chicks". Hope he's able to work through his issues and come back clean.

One has to wonder what kind of a big push WWE had in mind for Jeff. I for one, wouldn't mind seeing him get a short "thank you" World Championship run like Benoit and Guerrero received, just for the Hell his body has gone through over the past 8+ years. I guess we'll never know. Still, you can't argue against him being one of the most popular wrestlers in the company, and its not just with "fat goth chicks". Hope he's able to work through his issues and come back clean.

Probably a clean win over Umaga for the IC title now the Jackass deal is scrapped, which would be big considering the only other people to beat Umaga have been Cena and Lashley, and even Lashley's win wasn't totally clean. I think they'd have had him keep the belt for a while before dropping it to someone.

Hope he's able to work through his issues and come back clean.

He probably will work through his issues and come back clean. Only problem is he'll screw things up again eventually.

REASONING FOR JEFF HARDY'S SUSPENSION

The official reasoning for Jeff Hardy's 30-day suspension is being presented as "a lack of maturity". Whatever he did that was "immature" is not known yet at this moment.

The official reasoning for Jeff Hardy's 30-day suspension is being presented as "a lack of maturity". Whatever he did that was "immature" is not known yet at this moment.

Maybe they asked him to go rehab and he refused. He's done that before.

My first impression after reading that was he got caught pulling some sort of really bad or nasty prank/joke on someone....

My first impression after reading that was he got caught pulling some sort of really bad or nasty prank/joke on someone....

Some people have a really hard time at reading betwen the lines.

Some people have a really hard time at reading betwen the lines.

Maybe Jeff was busy snorting them.

maybe he was screwing a groupie in the bathroom

Drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs. Jeff Hardy does drugs. He snorts drugs. Smokes drugs. Ingests drugs. Drugs. He's immature because he could be a main eventer but insted he does drugs. He was sent home because he does drugs. Drugs.

Is that clear enough for you?

Drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs. Jeff Hardy does drugs. He snorts drugs. Smokes drugs. Ingests drugs. Drugs. He's immature because he could be a main eventer but insted he does drugs. He was sent home because he does drugs. Drugs.

You're saying it was drugs then?

You're saying it was drugs then?

That leads me to believe it was some sort of prank or practical joke gone wrong.